💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How long was the ARTPOP blackout?

joannesrats

Featured Posts

joannesrats

So I was a fan during the ARTPOP blackout, but I didn't really know why it started or anything other than her hip - I was definitely more of a casual fan. But how long did that last? I feel like Gaga is up to something similar right now, except we have the MET Gala and the other legs of Enigma to bring her out of hiding. 

HelloFellowKids

She announced the album in August 2012 and Applause was out August 2013 :rip:

How do you do today?

Jill
1 minute ago, HelloFellowKids said:

that's almost nine years :udidnt:

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

joannesrats
2 minutes ago, HelloFellowKids said:

By the time LG6 comes out I'll have earned my bachelors degree, three masters, and two Ph.Ds :saladga:

Feb. 2013 - Aug. 2013 

I don’t consider a blackout starting until the tour ends because after touring everything is unknown. 

I wasn't a stan but it wasn't a whole year. I think LMs consider end of tour to Applause a blackout period and another blackout period occured in the middle of the era from album release until SXSW but she was still  photographed and/or active on social media for large portions of these periods. Maybe it's a more narrow period in particular that stans hyperfocus on. Imagine considering a month where she's photographed 10+ times a media black out :bradley:

Chris Evans

it was nearly 6 months both physically and through social media. ARTPOP was announced before that but she was still touring. After the injury she needed time to heal- this meant she was mostly indoors and was only a photographed a few times on her wheelchair after medical visits.

The13thNote

Basically from August 2012- August 2014, Gaga was actually truly "active" for like maybe 4 ****ing months. It was terrible. 

And the fact that she announced the album title 15 months before it came out....tragic. Anyone remember all the song titles she told us on littlemonsters that never happened? 

I don't think anyone who wasn't a fan yet understands today how hyped but bad that era was. Like...you thought her rise was fast? So was her downfall. Like...what hate Nicki, Taylor, Iggy, Katy have received was nothing. 

It was like...weird. In the beginning of 2013 Gaga was still enshrined as the last pop God. By the end of 2013...it was as if at some point, mid-year, the collective public conscious, the media, the critics, and even her own label sat down and decided, "we're gonna start hating this bitch on purpose". 

It was weird how fast everyone flipped on her. And the fact the original ARTPOP/VMAs got scrapped, label issues, health issues, the rise of Miley's ratchetness, and mis management....it was the perfect storm. It was like the media found ARTPOP entertaining not for it's music but for the **** show surrounding it. 

They burned her. Bad. I don't really think post-2014 fans understand how miraculous it really is that Gaga came back from that years later and still scored more chart toppers, got the Superbowl, won huge awards, has multiple #1 albums, maintained her sanity, and also didn't literally go off the deep end. She probably had the hardest collective smackdown of any pop artist ever. And she came back. Bigger. 

Honestly ARTPOP is a great pop album but what happened surrounding it would have ruined any other pop star. To me that shows how dedicated Gaga really is. 

They really tried to Cyndi Lauper her ass but she shut them down and truly is pulling a Madonna. Just saying. Gaga is one of those once-a-generation artists that will eventually ALWAYS come back because she never gives up and eventually one of her experiments lands right. That's why A Star Is Born will be remembered just as much as TFM and BTW. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I mean, I remember her disappearing for most of DWUW's run (well after). 

Wasn't it from The X Factor performance to the Jimmy Fallon performance?

Edit: There was a cover performance in between these performances, but it wasn't ARTPOP

Lighter
6 hours ago, The Bad Joker said:

that's almost nine years :udidnt:

Literally my brain cells right now trying to wait for LG6

Mirrion Rizzons
16 hours ago, The13thNote said:

She probably had the hardest collective smackdown of any pop artist ever.

a reach

Jose P
31 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

a reach

Yep. Britney says hi. Now THAT was tragic. She was the laughingstock of the media while she dealt with her divorce, custody fight and drug addiction. Her personal issues were all over the magazines and papers, the way the paparazzi harassed was insane and she just crumbled more everyday from all the pressure. On top of that, the people closest to her used her to their own benefit while all this shitstorm was happening.

And then people ask why she hasn’t been the same ever since.

Archived