Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How long was the ARTPOP blackout?

joannesrats

Featured Posts

27monster27

She actually announced that she was writing new music on June 19th, 2011 backstage at the 2011 MMVA awards. She then started teasing the album in November of 2011 during the MTN era. People in the fan base did not start heavily discussing the album until the Spring of 2012. She then announced the albums title one month early in August of 2012. The era was supposed to begin three weeks after the end of the BTWB (with rumors of it starting even earlier), but the era was delayed because of the hip injury (We should keep in mind however, that the break after tour before the injury was announced as that, a break. So we have no idea if the break was intended for healing and had the injury never happened the era would have began earlier.

he/him/his

The13thNote
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

Yep. Britney says hi. Now THAT was tragic. She was the laughingstock of the media while she dealt with her divorce, custody fight and drug addiction. Her personal issues were all over the magazines and papers, the way the paparazzi harassed was insane and she just crumbled more everyday from all the pressure. On top of that, the people closest to her used her to their own benefit while all this shitstorm was happening.

And then people ask why she hasn’t been the same ever since.

Ok touché I totally forgot about Britney. But 2nd definitely goes to Gaga.

In a way Gaga's still sucked more because she didn't deserve it. Like...Britney still made some poor choices. Gaga's wasn't really her fault at all. 

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

a reach

Britney’s case is way more tragic, true. And it has much more to do with her personal life and struggle than her art. Gaga’s case was kinda the opposite, which I think it’s part of the reason why she recovered from it more quickly, given how talented and versatile she was, she just needed an image cleanup. There was nothing Britney could do - being abused by literally everyone. :toofunny:

Not sure how long it was but I do know that this blackout won't be anywhere near as long. She just finished an era a couple of months ago.

antpats2

She was active on social media/on tour til February 2013, then went silent til she did music for the Versus Versace show in May 2013. She also made a speech at a pride event in July and began posting on social media again following the ARTPOP announcement

technically the full social media hiatus was 5ish months (minus a few RTs and littlemonsters.com posts inbetweem) but in terms of actually being totally silent and in hiding it was 3 months but only due to her healing, nothing really to do with ARTPOP

Arturo

well it depends but she did say in like mid 2012 that she played her new album for her record label....which is something you do several months before the album drops, not over a year. But of course her hip pushed AP back a few months.

Pierre

She was teasing the album title during the BTW Ball Tour, specially during the australian leg, she then got the ARTPOP tatto on Aug 2012, she was also playing music from her car to fans back in the day, she was very active till Feb 2013 and the broken hip, and then the era started on Aug 2013, so, 1 year. :selena:

However, I have some interesting things...

For me, the Gaga blackout ended that day she was dj for a Versace show, May 2013, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it was the first time we saw her out walking since the surgery.

lady-gaga46901.jpg

In terms of media public appearances, I think the blackout ended around june, during the LGBT event.

lady-gaga-pride-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Era wise, ARTPOP was launched back in july 2013, we saw her in the streets on July 11

Lady-Gaga-New-York-City-Black-Bra-Mini-S

And the next night leaving the Gagosian Gallery cuz it was ARTPOP announcement party

lady-gaga-and-alexander-mcqueen-spring-2

Officialy announced that morning.

gaga_2615776b.jpg

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

• 3 months later...
The Z
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, GrigioGirl1 said:

Not sure how long it was but I do know that this blackout won't be anywhere near as long. She just finished an era a couple of months ago.

You said? 

Archived