Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY: Jagged Little Pill (Alanis Morissette)

rumours

Featured Posts

Ronk
7 minutes ago, rumours said:

It has a fair amount of ballads on it... idk if people would like that :selena:

I think lots of people like ballads.  Some like Gaga's ballads more than her dance music.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 minute ago, KooKoo said:

Question.  I forgot to give "You Learn" my 11.  Would that have made any difference in the results?

:stalkga:

Yes, I just checked that actually. It would have won by 0.003 :vegas:

Ronk
8 minutes ago, rumours said:

I could post the next one today.... Is that too soon lol? :huntyga:

Go for it!

KooKoo
Just now, rumours said:

Yes, I just checked that actually. It would have won by 0.003 :vegas:

:what:

I demand  a recount of the results.  :cryga:

Dreaming is free

That J
29 minutes ago, rumours said:

#2: You Learn

alanis-morrissettex750.jpg

Average Score: 9.15

Highest Score: 11 @GoldenPonyboy

Lowest Score: 6.5 @Oriane

Comments:

@GoldenPonyboy ~ “For some reason, I was the biggest Alanis fan around 2007-2008 at the age of 12. This song was not my favorite as I first listened to the album, but as I have become an adult, I find that it is the song that I revisit the most when facing obstacles. It brings a lot of comfort and is just a nice ''look on the bright side'' type of song without being overly preachy. It is very liberating to me.”

@corvus albus ~ “I also recommend "walking around naked in your living room" because it can lead to  some fun experiences. Besides that, the song is really well done and the instrumentation is borderline great but it never reaches greatness for me”

@Oriane ~ “Nice but it doesn’t stand out and it’s repetitive.”

@KooKoo ~ “My favorite on the album.  Love the instrumental.  Everything you do in life you learn from it.”

@Ronk ~ “Beautiful harmonically. Deserves an 11”

@The Louvre ~ “The verses are so good, but I like the chorus a bit less.”

Performance:

WHICH MEANS!!!!....

#1: Head Over Feet

alanis-morissette.jpg

Average Score: 9.21

Highest Score: 11 @Glamourpuss @Ronk @Blue Madonna @That J

Lowest Score: 7 @Oriane @Davian

Comments:

@corvus albus ~ “A genuine love song on THE break-up album that has THE definitive break-up song on it. I LOVE IT!”

@Oriane ~ “The melody is beautiful, I would prefer it in another style.”

@KooKoo ~ “Such a simple yet brilliant song.  Love the melody, brings back memories.”

@Ronk ~ “Such a perfect song in every way; melody, harmony, beat, mood.  I cry.”

@The Louvre ~ “Between the anger and frustration, Head Over Feet is a soft spot in the middle of the album. And a highlight too. Such a sweet and beautiful song.”

Performance:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAHAHA we did it kids. I'm shocked because this is the first time ever the right song won. Yay. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
11 minutes ago, KooKoo said:

:what:

I demand  a recount of the results.  :cryga:

Negative! Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

rumours

The next megarate will be up by sometime tonight!

It's a modern, largely piano-driven album with intimate songwriting by an artist who's album isn't getting the attention it deserves.

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

Did Beyonce cover this?

Edit... She did.

I didn't know she covered this.  It sounds good, but I think Alanis' voice fits it better.

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC

@rumours sorry I missed the ceremony live! 

The results weren't as shocking as I thought they would be.  Thank you so much for your work! Tag me in the next one please!

she/her/hers

McYves

OMFG, I can't believe I missed the whole thing because I was working, it was my first time participating in these ceremonies :(  and Alanis is my favorite singer-songwriter of all time! Thank you anyways! Can we do "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" eventually? BTW I suffered  when I didn't see Not The Doctor on top3 :(  but it was fun to read all the reactions and comments, guys! :) Have a beautiful day.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

rumours
57 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

@rumours sorry I missed the ceremony live! 

The results weren't as shocking as I thought they would be.  Thank you so much for your work! Tag me in the next one please!

The next one will be coming later tonight! Thank you for participating, my friend :heart:

rumours
35 minutes ago, McYves said:

OMFG, I can't believe I missed the whole thing because I was working, it was my first time participating in these ceremonies :(  and Alanis is my favorite singer-songwriter of all time! Thank you anyways! Can we do "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" eventually? BTW I suffered  when I didn't see Not The Doctor on top3 :(  but it was fun to read all the reactions and comments, guys! :) Have a beautiful day.

Sorry you missed the ceremony! Thank you very much for participating, and I hope you'll participate in future rates! :heart:

GoldenPonyboy

I missed the ceremony as well since i was out of the country but im pleasently suprised to see you learn made it this far. Great results

awesome jeff spicoli GIF

Ronk
On 4/20/2019 at 6:26 PM, That J said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAHAHA we did it kids. I'm shocked because this is the first time ever the right song won. Yay. 

:heart:  :party:

30sarm9.jpg

Archived