Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madam X’s Medellin newest video teaser

steel

Featured Posts

NewUsername
15 minutes ago, davflz said:

Honestly these visuals are so great and genuinely the most interesting thing she has done in years and she is wasting them on a song that thematically doesn't correlate to it at all :toofunny:

When I first heard the song the type of visuals I imagined for it were like lighthearted beach scenes with her in flowy dresses and him oiled up in the sun or something :laughga:

:v:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
1 hour ago, _Scheisse said:

Around 40 years of career and she’s still pulling out VISUALS.

our fave can’t relate, sadly

nicki minaj monster GIF

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, MyQueen said:

And your hair doesn't go the beard:giggle:

Idgi, but Medellin is still ѕhit :lana:

MyQueen
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Idgi, but Medellin is still ѕhit :lana:

Why are you wasting your time with Medellin news then:madge:

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, MyQueen said:

Why are you wasting your time with Medellin news then:madge:

I posted my opinion about the video, which seemed to press you :lana: 

2 hours ago, Biggest Fan said:

so this is the real music video with Maluma ??

what was the first for then ?

This is the first video for Medellin.

The only video before this one was the introduction of Madame X and the album conceptual background.

This one:

Is this the one you are referring to?

2 hours ago, gag said:

Gaga's latest visual pulled in an Oscar

Madonna's can't relate, sadly

Reveal hidden contents

Stop needlessly bringing Gaga into Madonna conversations :saladga:

I guess @_Scheisse just meant it as an ironic comment, which is harmless, but the pitting of female artists against each other really doesn’t help anyone. It’s grounded on a very misogynistic view of women always competing with each other, which is something that stan culture keeps reinforcing, when we should actually be challenging it.

Gaga and Madonna are very different creatively and are at completely different stages of their careers. 

As @MyQueen said, we should be thankful to have these two incredible female artists which love to create, inspire and empower through their music and their work. Most pop artists are less and less interested in taking risks, and just want to play it safe, which is not the case with M or Gaga.:pawsup:

Laugh at me all you guys want but I have to say this

Medellin is a great song, I don’t think she’s following the trend at all, Spanish Lessons, La Isla Bonita anyone?! If she was following the trend she’d the beat would be harder and she’d be singer about her “nice poom poom” and even if she was following the trend she’s actually put her own twist on it and made it classy. 

The woman is 60 years old and she is still putting out albums, serving visuals and going on a world wide tour. Who cares if the song flops? She doesn’t need the money, she’s built an empire throughout her career so I’m sure not getting a number one single isn’t high on her agenda. Her album will sell well and so will her tour and she’ll earn a **** ton doing that. 

The video looks amazing, who care if it doesn’t match the song? Do you think slamming her *** into the ground and girating in the dance studio related to hung up??? No, good pop music is catchy songs and interesting visuals and the best pop music for me are the songs which are not intricately thought out about and are catchy with interesting visuals which I think she will serve this era. 

The album will have a few bangers and a few songs which aren’t so much and that’s okay, she’s earned her coin, secured many bags and is comfortable just making the music she wants and living her best life, I think she’s earned the right to do that at least. 

Genuinely glad she’s still here at 60 putting out music which still makes people talk and provokes thought amongst society which she has always done, I Hope Gaga is here like Madonna is in years to come making the same waves in pop music like she did since day dot. 

Cant wait for the video and Madame x 

🙋🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

The visuals really don't match the sound.

2 hours ago, davflz said:

Honestly these visuals are so great and genuinely the most interesting thing she has done in years and she is wasting them on a song that thematically doesn't correlate to it at all :toofunny:

When I first heard the song the type of visuals I imagined for it were like lighthearted beach scenes with her in flowy dresses and him oiled up in the sun or something :laughga:

2 hours ago, fathermonster said:

I can't imagine the visuals matching the song? :messga:

Why do you guys feel that the visual might not match the song? 

Medellin has this sexy, stylish, and somewhat mature feel and tells the story of of an older woman and younger man dreaming of true love. From the clips, I'm assuming that's the vibe they are going with the video, and not necessarily the traditional Summery latin vibe that marks all Latin music videos.

And although I would totally be up for seeing Maluma oiled up in the sun (:fan:), Medellin is not a coastal city with beaches, so wouldn't fit.

I'm really perched for the video. Diana Kunst is supposedly the director, and she is absolutely brilliant. I also think this video will be the first of a longer narrative, and part of Madame X's story and concept more widely.

26 minutes ago, AndrewMac95 said:

Laugh at me all you guys want but I have to say this

Medellin is a great song, I don’t think she’s following the trend at all, Spanish Lessons, La Isla Bonita anyone?! If she was following the trend she’d the beat would be harder and she’d be singer about her “nice poom poom” and even if she was following the trend she’s actually put her own twist on it and made it classy. 

The woman is 60 years old and she is still putting out albums, serving visuals and going on a world wide tour. Who cares if the song flops? She doesn’t need the money, she’s built an empire throughout her career so I’m sure not getting a number one single isn’t high on her agenda. Her album will sell well and so will her tour and she’ll earn a **** ton doing that. 

The video looks amazing, who care if it doesn’t match the song? Do you think slamming her *** into the ground and girating in the dance studio related to hung up??? No, good pop music is catchy songs and interesting visuals and the best pop music for me are the songs which are not intricately thought out about and are catchy with interesting visuals which I think she will serve this era. 

The album will have a few bangers and a few songs which aren’t so much and that’s okay, she’s earned her coin, secured many bags and is comfortable just making the music she wants and living her best life, I think she’s earned the right to do that at least. 

Genuinely glad she’s still here at 60 putting out music which still makes people talk and provokes thought amongst society which she has always done, I Hope Gaga is here like Madonna is in years to come making the same waves in pop music like she did since day dot. 

Cant wait for the video and Madame x 

Yassssss. Thanks for this comment. This is absolutely the fairest comment I have read here in all Madonna related discussions since the start of Madame X's era. 

All your points are 💯true.

Like you, I do hope that Gaga is still making pop music, creating, challenging society, well into her 60s, and that she won't face the misogyny, ageism, and the barrage of 'she's not relevant anymore' and 'pack it put darling' digs that Madonna constantly gets almost in every era since she hit her 40s or even earlier.

She addressed the relevancy argument during the American Life era when she was 45, and this has been applicable every era since.

It's been 15 years since this interview, and she is still creating and to great success.

La Rosalia

“The visuals don’t match the song”.

yeah, cause Alejandro’s sound matched completely with the religious imagery and the naked gay army :rip:

1 minute ago, steel said:

Yassssss. Thanks for this comment. This is absolutely the fairest comment I have read here in all Madonna related discussions since the start of Madame X's era. 

All your points are 💯true.

Like you, I do hope that Gaga is still making pop music, creating, challenging society, well into her 60s, and that she won't face the misogyny, ageism, and the barrage of 'she's not relevant anymore' and 'pack it put darling' digs that Madonna constantly gets almost in every era since she hit her 40s or even earlier.

She addressed the relevancy argument during the American Life era when she was 45, and this has been applicable every era since.

It's been 15 years since this interview, and she is still creating and to great success.

Right??

I was talking to my mum the other day and one thing she said is “one thing I admire about the woman is she always evolves and comes back different and better than ever”

To me, even if she does hop on the trends then why should we judge? Actually, thinking about it I admire her for it? She’s a business woman and to remain relevant you have to make with the times, to attain some level of success you must adapt to the changing times. When she hops on trends in my eyes she makes it her own? Like with Medellín if she has “sold out” and hopped on a trend like people say I think she’s done it in a classy way, it’s not in your face reggaton it’s quite subtle. One thing which has annoyed me is Katy Perry has come out with Con Calma and she is genuinely hopping on a trend (which is fine let her do it) but everyone’s eaten it up because she’s Katy Perry singing about.... her fanny? “I got that good poom poom” Madonna is literally singing about having a nice night in the capitol of Portugal and she’s hopping on a trend and is trying to act young and hip and cool!!!!!! 

Wrong

🙋🏼‍♂️

Archived