💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madam X’s Medellin newest video teaser

steel

Featured Posts

La Rosalia
57 minutes ago, steel said:

I guess @_Scheisse just meant it as an ironic comment, which is harmless, but the pitting of female artists against each other really doesn’t help anyone. It’s grounded on a very misogynistic view of women always competing with each other, which is something that stan culture keeps reinforcing, when we should actually be challenging it.

Gaga and Madonna are very different creatively and are at completely different stages of their careers. 

Exactly, if anything this comparison is a good benchmark because not only her fans, but the media has found the potential in Gaga to be just as iconic as Madonna. 

And as you said, they are at different stages of their careers. For all we know, all the ASIB slayage wouldn’t have happened without cheek to cheek or Joanne and it’s boring visuals, for the most part. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brucee
15 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

All these dark and extra visuals for an Anitta reject :air: The visuals really don't match the sound.

was alejandro supposed to be a winter, clockwork orange themed video considering the song ? 

hello hello baby.

brucee
10 hours ago, _Scheisse said:

Exactly, if anything this comparison is a good benchmark because not only her fans, but the media has found the potential in Gaga to be just as iconic as Madonna. 

And as you said, they are at different stages of their careers. For all we know, all the ASIB slayage wouldn’t have happened without cheek to cheek or Joanne and it’s boring visuals, for the most part. 

as far as i remember i never saw men being compared this way, or if they are, it's in a good way. 

gurls : you copied her b$$$$

boyz : omg you're great as him. 

This must end for global mental health.

hello hello baby.

Phoebe Buffay
6 minutes ago, brucee said:

was alejandro supposed to be a winter, clockwork orange themed video considering the song ? 

this. we can add telephone while we're at it as well. what does telephone have to do with killing an entire diner and getting chased by the police? (ik it's a continuation of paparazzi but still)

MaryJaneHolland
58 minutes ago, brucee said:

There's nothing significantly Latin in Alejandro except the title :air:

1 hour ago, brucee said:

Alejandro's music is actually VERY Eastern European which imo when I think of Eastern Europe, I think of cold winters, gloomyness, depressed people, war etc...so the MV did match the song tbh. The only latin thing about Alejandro were the names. This is the same argument as when ppl say Dancin In Circles is "latin" inspired when it is actually mostly Indian music inspired (especially the sitar and droning sound). 

But I get what you mean overall. Like we should not be hyper critical I suppose especially since few female artists are serving visuals these days so I will take what I can get even if it does not match the song tbh :messga:  

brucee
3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

There's nothing significantly Latin in Alejandro except the title :air:

"You know that I love you boy, hot like Mexico". 

Also boslillo and.... 

honestly it sounds like summer break up song, not even a martial bop. The thing is less negativity towards artistry of people. 

hello hello baby.

Archived