Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Blaya confirms Madame X Re Recording

Akiki

Featured Posts

Akiki

Portuguese singer Blaya gave an interview where she talks about Madonna re-recording her track "Faz Gostoso" for Madame X with Anitta

https://24.sapo.pt/vida/artigos/versao-de-faz-gostoso-de-madonna-so-nos-deixa-com-mais-certeza-de-que-podemos-chegar-onde-quisermos-diz-blaya

Faz Gostoso was one of the biggest hits in Portugal in recent years. It is said that the song caught Madonnas Attention at the time and she decided to re record it.

Sometime later, Anitta, played the song at her concert at Rock in Rio Lisboa for 70k people, raising speculation about a collab with Blaya.

DiegoMonster

I’m so excited to listen to this version.. I hope it’s as good as the original tbh 

Johnny Wayne

I cannot picture how madonna is about to destroy this track... I was really wishing it was an orginal track because there's no way she can rap/pronounce/mumble in portuguese anywhere near blaya's skills. She better do some major changes to the song or else it's gonna be unbearable to listen to. If I barely puke at the way she pronouces Medellín...

Besides, the song was a hit once, it's not being a hit twice

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

DiegoMonster
7 minutes ago, Sharpay said:

I cannot picture how madonna is about to destroy this track... I was really wishing it was an orginal track because there's no way she can rap/pronounce/mumble in portuguese anywhere near blaya's skills. She better do some major changes to the song or else it's gonna be unbearable to listen to. If I barely puke at the way she pronouces Medellín...

I bet she’ll do an original chorus meanwhile Anita will do the verses .. 

Johnny Wayne
19 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

I bet she’ll do an original chorus meanwhile Anita will do the verses .. 

It would make more sense if madge sang the verses in english and anitta sang the chorus but I've heard rumors that the whole thing is in portuguese :rip:

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

Virgin Ryan
12 minutes ago, August3 said:

I thought they were re recording the album :rip:

Me too :smh:

Akiki
1 hour ago, Sharpay said:

The song smashed in Portugal and in Angola and had some attention in Brasil. Anitta appeal will make it a hit in Brazil for sure. If it goes somewhere after that, I dont know... But I think it can be a good single choice if Anitta saves the track. I doubt Madonna can match the original with her skill level. Its not her type of song. 

The13thNote
2 hours ago, August3 said:

I thought they were re recording the album :rip:

I literally thought this too. Like because of Medellin getting such a bad reaction. 

RAMROD

I must have heard it before cos it is signed as played when I look it up on YT

the original singer have the voice, which carries the tunes, interesting to see how Madonna's version will sounds like. If she sings like she did on medellin then lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Anitta gave a recent interview and talked about her collaboration with Madonna on Faz Gostoso, and she said they did some quite different things with the song.

I wouldn’t expect M to make a simple cover of another song - she would always put her spin on it. 

Really intrigued by it!

androiduser

Madonna fans will have a million theories how this is actually not a cover, she practically wrote the song herself, and improved the original, did  a huge favor to the entire world etc

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Madonna fans will have a million theories how this is actually not a cover, she practically wrote the song herself, and improved the original, did  a huge favor to the entire world etc

I'll be embarrassed if that happened :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

androiduser
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

I'll be embarrassed if that happened :diane:

it ALWAYS happens... it's just fan logic... she could cover the national anthem and they would claim she basically wrote it, but when somebody does a cover of a Madonna song, same rules don't apply.

4 hours ago, androiduser said:

Why are you btw in every Madonna thread? Retorical question, but was just wondering...

Archived