Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga Going For Song Of Summer? Or New Grammy Deadline?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

So basically if LG6 lead is released in May or June it's a good date to try to make the hit of the summer as the song would peak when it's already summer and the song of summer is a big deal

If she releases by July or later, LG6 might as well be released after the new Grammy Deadline so it doesn't interfere or compete with ASIB

So which one is it?

davflz

i think it is definitely coming by the end of May latest based on her blackout. So I think she really might be going for the hit of the summer :pray:

Economy
21 minutes ago, davflz said:

i think it is definitely coming by the end of May latest based on her blackout. So I think she really might be going for the hit of the summer :pray:

I hope so...

For a summer song no earlier than May but no later than June

Mid May to Early June is the ideal range for a summer hit

Sneaky Oliver

I think TEOG was her last single released (or charted) during the summer right? And it did well. Hopefully she can do that again!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Economy
3 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think TEOG was her last single released (or charted) during the summer right? And it did well. Hopefully she can do that again!

Agreed!

joannesrats

Does anyone remember how long the ARTPOP blackout was? I remember it happening, but I wasn't a full-fledged stan between BTW an ARTPOP, ARTPOP is what made me stan. 

Economy
43 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Does anyone remember how long the ARTPOP blackout was? I remember it happening, but I wasn't a full-fledged stan between BTW an ARTPOP, ARTPOP is what made me stan. 

I was a huge fan but I don't remember anymore. Was years ago :laughga:

Gypsy Life

Grammy deadline.

I know everyone thinks she's releasing soon (it's more wishful thinking) but I'm not buying it.

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Grammy deadline.

I know everyone thinks she's releasing soon (it's more wishful thinking) but I'm not buying it.

Yep, this. I thought she might be coming in March, when the field was clear, but it makes little sense of her to come when Taylor, Madonna, Beyonce (allegedly), Beyonce's soundtrack, and Rihanna are coming. Adele also might be coming before the Grammy deadline.

Everyone can say there is enough room, and I do believe Gaga isn't as consumed with getting #1s like the fans, but from a business point of view why would Interscope, which is part of UMG, do it—especially in a streaming world—when they already have ASIB, Madonna, and Billie and UMG has Ariana, Rihanna, and Taylor under different imprints for this year?

Also, I'd rather have her come for the 2021 Grammys because it might be her best shot at getting a main category award if the only other big names are (likely) Adele and Ariana. In terms of timing, she has a second large break and doesn't go back to Enigma until mid-October. That would give her enough time during her break to perform on some night shows, maybe even Rock in Rio considering how insanely well ASIB did in Brazil, and debut a new song at Enigma.

Widows Kiss

Summer smashes are usually released in April and May. It'll need time to take off on the radio, so she better release next month.

Archived