Official Canadian Elections Thread

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, Woolfsmck said:

That five the voters options.

What five? The parties that exist????

I know there's also the green party and I think 1 or 2 others

So 5 or 6 I think :huh:

The Green party never comes even close to winning but sometimes they get enough seats to have some influence on bill votes

And in the Province of British Columbia they have some Prominence

MasonG

If only we had center wing like Trudeau in the U.S

I am so sick and tired of the far left democrats and far right republicans

Woolfsmck
23 minutes ago, Economy said:

What five? The parties that exist????

I know there's also the green party and I think 1 or 2 others

So 5 or 6 I think :huh:

The Green party never comes even close to winning but sometimes they get enough seats to have some influence on bill votes

And in the Province of British Columbia they have some Prominence

Typo.  Sorry. I forgot what o was trying to say 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Shook 1

Economy
Just now, Woolfsmck said:

Typo.  Sorry. I forgot what o was trying to say 

RIP 

sophilosophy

2880px-Opinion_polling_during_the_pre-ca

Ppl voting for green not only because they want green , they are voting for green because they want something else .

Economy
40 minutes ago, sophilosophy said:

2880px-Opinion_polling_during_the_pre-ca

Ppl voting for green not only because they want green , they are voting for green because they want something else .

Is this from Quebec?

JustinTrudeau

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/06/27/news/doug-ford-loses-carbon-tax-court-battle-trudeau?fbclid=IwAR374kkchQy8vTEEskkqMDIrjE_z6Pz14K8U2vpIdsQFjqeZwnHVAS6ZGr8

Title: Doug Ford loses carbon tax court battle with Trudeau

Ontario's top court has upheld a key plank of the federal government’s climate change plan, delivering another blow to conservative premiers across Canada. In a 4-1 ruling on Friday, the Ontario Court of Appeal concluded that it was within Parliament’s powers to put a price on carbon pollution and to collect revenues from polluters in provinces that fail to meet a national standard. (see rest of article for more details)

This can sway a few people into Liberal's favour in Ontario, but I don't know.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 1

Economy
5 hours ago, JustinTrudeau said:

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/06/27/news/doug-ford-loses-carbon-tax-court-battle-trudeau?fbclid=IwAR374kkchQy8vTEEskkqMDIrjE_z6Pz14K8U2vpIdsQFjqeZwnHVAS6ZGr8

Title: Doug Ford loses carbon tax court battle with Trudeau

Ontario's top court has upheld a key plank of the federal government’s climate change plan, delivering another blow to conservative premiers across Canada. In a 4-1 ruling on Friday, the Ontario Court of Appeal concluded that it was within Parliament’s powers to put a price on carbon pollution and to collect revenues from polluters in provinces that fail to meet a national standard. (see rest of article for more details)

This can sway a few people into Liberal's favour in Ontario, but I don't know.

Yeah I saw the court results on bnn

I'm not against the carbon tax because they made it revenue neutral by refunding the money so it's not a cash grab, it literally is to put a price on carbon :shrug:

Also the arguments the Provinces that didn't want the Carbon Tax were giving were weak arguments at best

It was pretty obvious they were gonna lose. I don't see what's unconstitutional about this at all :huh:

Edited by Economy

OBEY

Members of Scheer's team were walking down the street at some anti abortion rights rally and there also was a motion to remind that in Canada women have the right to abortion and NONE OF THE CONSERVATIVES approved the motion. Think about that and your choice is made about who you're not voting for, that is all thank you !

Economy
Just now, OBEY said:

Members of Scheer's team were walking down the street at some anti abortion rights rally and there also was a motion to remind that in Canada women have the right to abortion and NONE OF THE CONSERVATIVES approved the motion. Think about that and your choice is made about who you're not voting for, that is all thank you !

The conservatives rarely end up reversing rights once they are already set tho

We had 9 years of Conservatives with PM Harper from 2006 to 2015 and nothing major Liberals were afraid of socially speaking actually happened

Same sex marriage didn't get reversed, we didn't lose Universal Healthcare etc etc

Canada's conservatives are not on Republican level conservatism

OBEY
13 hours ago, Economy said:

The conservatives rarely end up reversing rights once they are already set tho

We had 9 years of Conservatives with PM Harper from 2006 to 2015 and nothing major Liberals were afraid of socially speaking actually happened

Same sex marriage didn't get reversed, we didn't lose Universal Healthcare etc etc

Canada's conservatives are not on Republican level conservatism

Believing every human is equal and should have the same rights regarding of sex gender race etc is THE BASE for me. If you don't have that I dont really care about the rest, whether they act on it or not :o 

Economy
59 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Believing every human is equal and should have the same rights regarding of sex gender race etc is THE BASE for me. If you don't have that I dont really care about the rest, whether they act on it or not :o 

I care about a lot of things that's why for me it's complicated

There isn't one determining issue for me and no party represents ALL of my beliefs so...

OBEY

As for the latest poll in the province of Quebec, PLC have 37% of votes intention, while PCC have 22% and the Bloc Québécois 21%.

• Thanks 1

OBEY

I wonder if people will actually GO OUT and vote.

The general consensus is that people dont necessary want Justin to stay in power, but they don't want Scheer either... People don't have hope in any of the two parties. 

• Like 1