Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charlize Theron's child comes out as transgender

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Regina George
3 hours ago, Azor Ahai said:

The child is 7 years old right now. Please read the article.

I did. Please read my previous replies before quoting me. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
5 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

That's true. As long as she's just telling she's supportive of her however she feels even if it changes later on, it's good.

Yeah basically this

ALGAYDO
On 4/19/2019 at 7:11 AM, ReginaGeorge said:

How can a 3 year old be mentally able to make this decision tho? I’m all for freedom and equality but I honestly don’t think this is something 3 year old is able of understanding. 

23 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I understand that and I adore Charlize for being this supportive but I still think that this it’s too soon for her to go public with this..

Just curious, do you say/treat cis kids the same way? Or does this only apply to "trans" kids? Cause the kid is 7. It's been 4 years of the kids wanting to be a "girl" instead of a "boy," and I can't help but think about how nobody cares when a cis boy that age wants to be treated like a boy, but for some reason it's weird for them to want to be a girl at that age? I don't understand  

Regina George
18 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Just curious, do you say/treat cis kids the same way? Or does this only apply to "trans" kids? Cause the kid is 7. It's been 4 years of the kids wanting to be a "girl" instead of a "boy," and I can't help but think about how nobody cares when a cis boy that age wants to be treated like a boy, but for some reason it's weird for them to want to be a girl at that age? I don't understand  

I don’t understand your question. I already said that it’s okay for a kid to be treated the way they want to be treated. All I said was that I think it is TOO SOON for her to go public with this. That child didn’t even go through puberty and how can we be 100% sure that by the age of (for example) 14 she would still want to be a girl and not a gay boy? I don’t see anything offensive in what I wrote. 

davflz

Some people here are acting like her child said she was a girl once and she immediately put her on hormone therapy or something :laughga:

She is just giving her daughter the freedom to identify herself the way she feels at the moment. I''m sure that if she later on ends up not identifying as female her family will also be understanding and supportive of that as well. I agree that you obviously can't put full trust into the words of a young child, but some of you have to realize that nothing permanent is being done to her. The only things being adjusted right now are pronoun usage and physical expression. Any actual physical changes to her body aren't going to be made until at least puberty, and also only in consultation with medical professionals. There is no reason to believe the child is being abused in any way.

Also, when your child expresses signs of gender dysphoria, the answer isn't to completely invalidate their feelings because they're not old "enough" but to instead support them in their current believes and wait for what they feel like in the future. Doing the former will only lead to the child feeling like their identity is wrong and can cause actual damage if the child indeed ends up being transgender when they grow up.

Just support children who question their gender and let them find themselves, don't force roles on them.

Archived