Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Michelle Obama stanning Beyoncé in Twitter video

Stef

Featured Posts

fathermonster
3 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Nah I'm good, you've outlined pretty clearly yourself in this thread :ladyhaha:

Or it's the fact you got nothing to say, Yeah I've made it pretty clear I'm not racists and I didn't get the performance. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
Just now, fathermonster said:

Or it's the fact you got nothing to say, Yeah I've made it pretty clear I'm not racists and I didn't get the performance. 

You made it pretty clear that you think "white excellence" should be celebrated, which is just a cackle honestly. You don't get it, and whether you want to admit it or not, downplaying race issues because you don't like to hear about blackness is a form of racism. Your lack of understanding of the topic, and your unwillingness to learn, evolve, and support the disenfranchised black community, or even just allow them to be vocal, IS racist. 

As you said, you live in the UK, but that's not an excuse to just exist in your little white bubble and not learn. 

But whatever, it's your life. Keep on keep on being "not racist" and spewing whatever it is you are. 

fathermonster
5 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You made it pretty clear that you think "white excellence" should be celebrated, which is just a cackle honestly. You don't get it, and whether you want to admit it or not, downplaying race issues because you don't like to hear about blackness is a form of racism. Your lack of understanding of the topic, and your unwillingness to learn, evolve, and support the disenfranchised black community, or even just allow them to be vocal, IS racist. 

As you said, you live in the UK, but that's not an excuse to just exist in your little white bubble and not learn. 

But whatever, it's your life. Keep on keep on being "not racist" and spewing whatever it is you are. 

I never once said white excellence should be celebrated, and I'm not insinuating that either. I don't exist in a "white bubble" either, if anything it's the media to blame. I never see things on TV here that would indicate black people are being killed for their race etc. What the other person on here said is 'White people have no culture but war crimes and slavery" just isn't fair at all, why can't we celebrate the good cultures we all have. It just feels to me like white people in general are being taught to hate on their culture and be ashamed of it, this is what needs to change, Beyonce and celebrate hers and others celebrate theirs.
It's creating a stigma. I just want to stop this horrible self hating attitude. Yes, what happened is terrible to black people in the past but we should make an effort to move on and stop dwelling on things that happened many many years ago, we are heading in a good direction, there are very successful black people now. I'm honestly not spewing at all, my comments have been misconstrued. 

JohnnyVersace
28 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

I never once said white excellence should be celebrated, and I'm not insinuating that either. I don't exist in a "white bubble" either, if anything it's the media to blame. I never see things on TV here that would indicate black people are being killed for their race etc. What the other person on here said is 'White people have no culture but war crimes and slavery" just isn't fair at all, why can't we celebrate the good cultures we all have. It just feels to me like white people in general are being taught to hate on their culture and be ashamed of it, this is what needs to change, Beyonce and celebrate hers and others celebrate theirs.
It's creating a stigma. I just want to stop this horrible self hating attitude. Yes, what happened is terrible to black people in the past but we should make an effort to move on and stop dwelling on things that happened many many years ago, we are heading in a good direction, there are very successful black people now. I'm honestly not spewing at all, my comments have been misconstrued. 

You've got a very skewed perspective on race, I gotta say. 

Race issues have been posted all over GGD, and if you're not reading it, it's your own damn fault, not the media's. Like open CNN, idk what to tell you. Also HAVE YOU NOT HEARD LADY GAGA'S ****ING SONG ANGEL ****ING DOWN?

Re: excellence, you posted a picture of pieces of art or culture that white people created (tbh wondering what you even googled to get that?). Also the two blonde Swedish girls like ok? Anyway, yes there have been incredible works of art created by white people, no one is denying that. But black excellence is referring to a group of people who overcame slavery, war, the civil rights movement in the 60's, and have excelled. No, Beyonce was never a slave, but her ancestors were, and had to endure that, overcome it, survive and pass the family name down so Beyonce could even become...Beyonce. And this is within the span of ~150 years. Do you understand how little time that is? Compared to something like the ****ing Mona Lisa? THAT'S why black excellence is a very valid notion. ESPECIALLY when black people in America are being killed by the cops, their churches burned and lives constantly threatened, all governed by a racist, white business man. Blackness needs to be celebrated loud and proud, and that's exactly what she did. 

Addressing your other statement about "stop dwelling" let me ask you this - as a white gay man, should I just "get over" and stop dwelling on the prejudice that gay people have faced in the past several decades? Should I just get over Pulse because I wasn't there? Should I forget that I didn't even have the right to marry up until like 5 years ago? Should women just "move on" after they're sexually assaulted? Should latin people just "move on" after they're deported by our government or their children are taken from them and put into literal concentration camps? It is the same exact thing, and you are diminishing huge issues based on your own discomfort and lack of awareness. And even sadder, you're defending yourself. You are not black, you have never been racially profiled or discriminated against because of the color of your skin, you simply do not know. 

The only reason that things are moving forward is because people are speaking out. There has been decades, centuries of issues that have been systematically policed by our government, and the wheel is finally breaking. Your discomfort of people being vocal, and trying to silence it is part of the problem, and I pray that you one day understand why. 

Anyway I can't believe I have to explain that to someone in the year 2019 BUT I guess that's why Donald Trump was elected and the BLM movement exists and kids are getting shot in the back etc. etc. :vegas:

I'm done thanks for coming to my Ted Talk I need a cocktail 

giphy.gif

davflz
15 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

Hello, I don't want to be condescending, but I think you are missing the point.

The idea of "Black Excellence" is highlighted and important, because black people and their culture have been suppressed and discriminated against historically and still are today. So when a black person celebrates and embraces  black culture and shows it off it is NOT comparable to a white person doing the same, because showing off white history is not daring or controversial, since it is the norm.

Also the argument is not that there is nothing more to white culture then enslaving and Colonization. Of course there are many great things about European culture such as classical music, ballet, architecture etc. etc. It's just that a large part of white history IS Slavery and Colonization. No one is asking you to hate yourself because of the actions of your ancestors. We are asking you to acknowledge that racism is apart of history and that white people are benefiting off of it while people of color suffer from it.

Also, we can't just easily leave racism "behind" and not "dwell on things that happened many years ago", because racism is deeply rooted in society and racist believes are still very much intertwined with society.  Saying to just stop talking about these issues because racism should be over is ignorant of what reality is like.

This is coming from another white person from Europe

Matangi
13 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You've got a very skewed perspective on race, I gotta say. 

Race issues have been posted all over GGD, and if you're not reading it, it's your own damn fault, not the media's. Like open CNN, idk what to tell you. Also HAVE YOU NOT HEARD LADY GAGA'S ****ING SONG ANGEL ****ING DOWN?

Re: excellence, you posted a picture of pieces of art or culture that white people created (tbh wondering what you even googled to get that?). Also the two blonde Swedish girls like ok? Anyway, yes there have been incredible works of art created by white people, no one is denying that. But black excellence is referring to a group of people who overcame slavery, war, the civil rights movement in the 60's, and have excelled. No, Beyonce was never a slave, but her ancestors were, and had to endure that, overcome it, survive and pass the family name down so Beyonce could even become...Beyonce. And this is within the span of ~150 years. Do you understand how little time that is? Compared to something like the ****ing Mona Lisa? THAT'S why black excellence is a very valid notion. ESPECIALLY when black people in America are being killed by the cops, their churches burned and lives constantly threatened, all governed by a racist, white business man. Blackness needs to be celebrated loud and proud, and that's exactly what she did. 

Addressing your other statement about "stop dwelling" let me ask you this - as a white gay man, should I just "get over" and stop dwelling on the prejudice that gay people have faced in the past several decades? Should I just get over Pulse because I wasn't there? Should I forget that I didn't even have the right to marry up until like 5 years ago? Should women just "move on" after they're sexually assaulted? Should latin people just "move on" after they're deported by our government or their children are taken from them and put into literal concentration camps? It is the same exact thing, and you are diminishing huge issues based on your own discomfort and lack of awareness. And even sadder, you're defending yourself. You are not black, you have never been racially profiled or discriminated against because of the color of your skin, you simply do not know. 

The only reason that things are moving forward is because people are speaking out. There has been decades, centuries of issues that have been systematically policed by our government, and the wheel is finally breaking. Your discomfort of people being vocal, and trying to silence it is part of the problem, and I pray that you one day understand why. 

Anyway I can't believe I have to explain that to someone in the year 2019 BUT I guess that's why Donald Trump was elected and the BLM movement exists and kids are getting shot in the back etc. etc. :vegas:

I'm done thanks for coming to my Ted Talk I need a cocktail 

giphy.gif

honey i been reading this, thank u for all that labor lmfao.. tea is tea

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, fathermonster said:

I really don't like this whole 'Black Culture' thing. I literally saw a tweet today saying that, "Beyonce is the example of black excellence", Why not just excellence? If I said that Lady Gaga was the example of 'White excellence" there would be uproar. I just don't get why people are brining skin colour into, it's strange. It's like me saying "Gaga's Coachella performance was full of white culture" :/ 

But why does it affect you? Black people have been discriminated and dehumanized since the beginning of America... and they are still affected by it today.

Saying Black excellence doesn’t discredit other artists and doesn’t discredit you as a person. It’s a sign of encouragement and respect, Beyoncé was the first African-American woman to perform as the headliner at Coachella. It’s a monumental thing.

Mikey Monster
4 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Lmao all this attention seems to have some people salty. Beychella was amazing and so rich with BLACK culture. If you’re mad then stay mad. 

Where is LG6 so the pressed can have something relevant to do.

I completely agree!!! I really don’t get why we have to put these amazing woman against each other especially when Beyoncé and Gaga love each other. As a little monster I am 10000% comfortable with saying that Beyoncé is absolutely amazing and I love her and what she represents and what she means to people. Same goes to Gaga they are both the best performers of our time! ❤️❤️❤️

Mikey McCampbell

Jill
4 hours ago, fathermonster said:

I really don't like this whole 'Black Culture' thing. I literally saw a tweet today saying that, "Beyonce is the example of black excellence", Why not just excellence? If I said that Lady Gaga was the example of 'White excellence" there would be uproar. I just don't get why people are brining skin colour into, it's strange. It's like me saying "Gaga's Coachella performance was full of white culture" :/ 

because black people were oppressed during much of human history, so it is not hard to understand why they have their own, empowering culture. White people always were the conquerors and chiefs of the world, so culture itself is white culture. There isn't anything wrong in oppresed people creating a culture they can identify with.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

I'm not a fan of Bey's music (for the most part) BUT DAMN Beychella was a masterclass in performance and entertainment. Every popgirl should take notes from that performance (not that they need to replicate it but as in the lvl of care for detail was beyond outstanding, mixing, choreo etc...just perfect). I like some rawness but she also provided that in spades in some vocal moments when her voice went gritty...she covered everything. IT was I think the greatest female live performance concert ever. Not performance overall cuz Gaga's got a few above imo but in terms of a full concert? Yeah Beychella trumps every popgirl's full sets easily.

Gov Hooka
14 hours ago, fathermonster said:

Oh my god the amount of ignorance in this comment :saladga: Shameful and embarrassing... :awkney: God forbid that minorities celebrate their identities... 

OT: Beyoncé is the queen. Black excellence and black strength. She is the supreme. Gaga should take notes. I wish she had this dedication. I love Michelle Obama’s relationship with Bey :flutter:

Antichrist

some of you people are messy messy bullies. imagine ganging up on one person that has a different opinion and then wanting everyone to get along. :lmao:

Guillaume Hamon
16 hours ago, Korok said:

Babe... what is there to celebrate about white culture? Colonialism? Slavery? War crimes?

It's like taking the worst things in Asia history and saying "what is there to celebrate about asian cultures?" then ironically listing these "podium of the worst " as the only options.

It makes no sense. Horrors don't cancel the positive in any culture and you surely know there are positive things from white culture to celebrate so your question was dishonest to say the least lol.

Guillaume Hamon
26 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

some of you people are messy messy bullies. imagine ganging up on one person that has a different opinion and then wanting everyone to get along. :lmao:

The ones who explain him the point of showcasing black culture tried to make him get it.

The ones who enjoyed his comment to sum up white culture to the worst things done by white folks in history when these or the seeds of it were present among every race but without the power to do it ( or do it at a similar scale ) as whites did are "messy messy" indeed lol.

ImTired
17 hours ago, fathermonster said:

That is not our culture. What year are you living in? That did happen, not disputing that. This was centuries ago. Not fair at all to say that all white people have is Slavery and Crimes. 

I'm just gonna leave this here. 

2u6fxug.jpg

Top right? Are we proud of lederhosen? :air:

Archived