Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Michelle Obama stanning Beyoncé in Twitter video

Stef

Featured Posts

Korok
7 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

I really don't like this whole 'Black Culture' thing. I literally saw a tweet today saying that, "Beyonce is the example of black excellence", Why not just excellence? If I said that Lady Gaga was the example of 'White excellence" there would be uproar. I just don't get why people are brining skin colour into, it's strange. It's like me saying "Gaga's Coachella performance was full of white culture" :/ 

Babe... what is there to celebrate about white culture? Colonialism? Slavery? War crimes? Black culture has survived centuries of discrimination from white people so if someone like Beyonce wants to celebrate the fact that she's the first African American woman to headline coachella then she so definitely can. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
17 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

I really don't like this whole 'Black Culture' thing. I literally saw a tweet today saying that, "Beyonce is the example of black excellence", Why not just excellence? If I said that Lady Gaga was the example of 'White excellence" there would be uproar. I just don't get why people are brining skin colour into, it's strange. It's like me saying "Gaga's Coachella performance was full of white culture" :/ 

:saladga:

OT: beychella is and will forever be one of the best musical performances in history. The argument of her being overrated is all good and fine, but you’d be hard pressed to find a modern example of someone outperforming this. I’m trying to remove my bias as a stan, and look at it from an outsider view, and I still see it the same way. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

fathermonster
1 minute ago, Korok said:

Babe... what is there to celebrate about white culture? Colonialism? Slavery? War crimes? Black culture has survived centuries of discrimination from white people so if someone like Beyonce wants to celebrate the fact that she's the first African American woman to headline coachella then she so definitely can. 

That is not our culture. What year are you living in? That did happen, not disputing that. This was centuries ago. Not fair at all to say that all white people have is Slavery and Crimes. 

I'm just gonna leave this here. 

2u6fxug.jpg

fathermonster
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

:saladga:

OT: beychella is and will forever be one of the best musical performances in history. The argument of her being overrated is all good and fine, but you’d be hard pressed to find a modern example of someone outperforming this. I’m trying to remove my bias as a stan, and look at it from an outsider view, and I still see it the same way. 

I just cannot see it. Performances are subjective anyway, so you must be seeing something different from what I am. Saying you can't find a performance to out do it is a massive reach. So you're saying you turned the part off of your brain that likes Beyonce and you still like Beyonce? :triggered: Ok. 

25 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

The ignorance in this post is exactly why her performance is so important. 

nodandsmile

The saltiness in this thread  :saladga:  if this was about Gaga, you would be jumping up and down!

JohnnyVersace
33 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

Ew, I don't like your whole "white culture thing"

I knew I'd see someone today who would say this, and it's so gross tbh. To answer your questions, because white people haven't been disenfranchised by society and killed in the streets by our law enforcement because of their race. She's celebrating herself, her people, and the history of struggles and oppression they and their ancestors have faced. And as their churches, their safe places of worship and community, are being burned in the South, someone powerful needs to speak out, educate the masses, and help the country and the world band together. 

And if that is somehow offensive to you, and if you truly think that whiteness (or straightness for that matter) need to have the same level of importance and be celebrated in any way, you should take a long, hard look at yourself. As well as a history book.

****ing ignorance truly. 

fathermonster
Just now, Karl said:

The ignorance in this post is exactly why her performance is so important. 

What ignorance? My comment is not racist or disparaging at all. Tell me how people on Twitter saying "Beyonce is black excellence", is different from saying 'Lady Gaga is white excellence" it's the same thing but different colours. Im trying to say, why are we still using the words like, 'Black this, White that' why can't she just be 'Excellent', it's creating a divide. 

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

I just cannot see it. Performances are subjective anyway, so you must be seeing something different from what I am. Saying you can't find a performance to out do it is a massive reach. So you're saying you turned the part off of your brain that likes Beyonce and you still like Beyonce? :triggered: Ok. 

I meant it more like I tried to take off my stan goggles. I tried to appreciate it the way I appreciate great performances from artists I don’t like, and I still felt the same. 

I know it’s subjective, but I’m also not in the minority in feeling this way about Beychella. It’s gonna be regarded the same way liveaid was for Queen imo. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

JohnnyVersace
3 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

What ignorance? My comment is not racist or disparaging at all. Tell me how people on Twitter saying "Beyonce is black excellence", is different from saying 'Lady Gaga is white excellence" it's the same thing but different colours. Im trying to say, why are we still using the words like, 'Black this, White that' why can't she just be 'Excellent', it's creating a divide. 

You need to literally stop you look so ****ing dumb right now. 

Korok
12 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

That is not our culture. What year are you living in? That did happen, not disputing that. This was centuries ago. Not fair at all to say that all white people have is Slavery and Crimes. 

I'm just gonna leave this here. 

2u6fxug.jpg

By your logic, the examples you've provided are centuries old as well. Also, as a Greek, my culture is not YOUR culture. My skin is white but my ancestors did not exercise the same discriminatory practices that white colonizers did. Regardless, it is still my duty as a white person to inform people like you that you're wrong and seriously ill-informed on the subject. 

1 minute ago, fathermonster said:

Did I say it was racist? The ignorance comes from your lack of understanding of the importance of this performance to many working class black Americans who, especially at this moment in time, may feel marginalised by society and feel like they are underrepresented. The fact that she has celebrated HBCU culture and history on one of the biggest stages in the world can really inspire people and it's something that hasn't been done before to this extent. It may not be important to you, or even me, but it's clearly important to a lot of people and you can't discredit that just because it doesn't appeal to you. In regards to white excellence, if someone did something to celebrate the positive aspects of our history or culture  I wouldn't have a problem with that term, but some people would.

Korok
7 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

It's CONTEXTUAL. You can't compare "white excellence" to "black excellence" because they have different histories and meanings. Stop being so dense, your racism is showing. 

fathermonster
2 minutes ago, Korok said:

By your logic, the examples you've provided are centuries old as well. Also, as a Greek, my culture is not YOUR culture. My skin is white but my ancestors did not exercise the same discriminatory practices that white colonizers did. Regardless, it is still my duty as a white person to inform people like you that you're wrong and serious ill-informed on the subject. 

I just can't get my head around this self deprecating hate you clearly seem to have. Yes you are white but why are you blaming yourself and your race. 

fathermonster
3 minutes ago, Korok said:

It's CONTEXTUAL. You can't compare "white excellence" to "black excellence" because they have different histories and meanings. Stop being so dense, your racism is showing. 

Who says they have different meanings? You? White people shouldn't be ashamed to be white or ashamed of their culture. Neither should black people. I am no racist. Stop being so hot headed and calm yourself. I was making a point it creates a divide, saying "Black excellence" might make a white person feel marginalised and left out. Again in saying, let's just say excellence. 

Archived