šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna's "Medellin" Receives Positive Reviews

Jae Eris

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
5 minutes ago, saturn said:

Well.. she pulled out enough facts during Madonnas career to back up her claim.. so

So everyone else who claims she's a trendsetter, including music critics, are wrong?Ā 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alligator Blood
13 minutes ago, August3 said:

So everyone else who claims she's a trendsetter, including music critics, are wrong?Ā 

Idk girl, personally I like Madonna but recently something doesn't add up that's all I'm saying.. Maybe I had high expectations or something but her new song doesn't do it for me. I'm happy for her fans getting new music though and wish her the bestĀ 

Queen Bitch
14 minutes ago, saturn said:

Idk girl, personally I like Madonna but recently something doesn't add up that's all I'm saying.. Maybe I had high expectations or something but her new song doesn't do it for me. I'm happy for her fans getting new music though and wish her the bestĀ 

Well her new song is kinda underwhelming, also for a huge Madonna fan like me. It's not what you would expect when she hasn't released something in 4 years. I have always defended her, when people said that her music isn't that good anymore, but now I'm starting to see what they mean.Ā 

Alligator Blood
7 minutes ago, August3 said:

Well her new song is kinda underwhelming, also for a huge Madonna fan like me. It's not what you would expect when she hasn't released something in 4 years. I have always defended her, when people said that her music isn't that good anymore, but now I'm starting to see what they mean.Ā 

There's probably much better songs on the album. I think her label decided to release medelin first because its "safer". Madonna is still a very capable artist she just isn't pushing her real potential like she used to, but again let's wait to hear the album first

MessyTop
6 hours ago, saturn said:

There's probably much better songs on the album. I think her label decided to release medelin first because its "safer". Madonna is still a very capable artist she just isn't pushing her real potential like she used to, but again let's wait to hear the album first

We have to wait and hear the album. But calling Medellin a safe single is a stretch. Is currently sitting on #68 on the US iTunes chart. The reviews might be good but the general public and fans have bailed the song.Ā 

Stephen
On 4/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, McYves said:

Ā 

It is a good song. I don't like Maluma and yet I think that in this song heĀ sounds pretty good, and very masculine (unlike other songs I've heard from him) which is cool. Very subtle, latin and fun, I'm loving this single so much.

Are you saying in other songs he sounds feminine?Ā 

Maryjanesdope

Im sorry it's a flop, I really can't get behind it:laughga:Ā I love madonna but it's not good

LordEnigma

Whatā€™s so catchy about ā€œone, two chachacha.ā€ They are acting like itā€™s the second coming of JesusĀ :huntyga:

LordEnigma
On 4/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, Curunir said:

When it comes to films I can sometimes agree with critics or understand their point of view even if I don't agree with it. Music, on the other hand is a whole other thing. I have never, and I literally mean neverĀ  read a review of a song or an album that I've agreed with. So I can't take them seriously because I feel like music and how it sounds to different people is too subjective to be judged professionally/objectively.

There are reviews of Gagaā€™s music that are both great and not great. If you find Gagaā€™s music to be good - does that not mean you agree with a critic who also thinks Gagaā€™s music is good?

Curunir
30 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

There are reviews of Gagaā€™s music that are both great and not great. If you find Gagaā€™s music to be good - does that not mean you agree with a critic who also thinks Gagaā€™s music is good?

Yes, but I was referring to going more in detail. Like yeah I can find a good review about a song or an album that I also think is good, but if I go and read the whole thing I guarantee you I'll stumble on bs in the very first paragraphĀ :smh:

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, August3 said:

Madonna is literally known to have been a trendsetter, and you want to claim that she isn't?Ā 

Well, if you've read my post, you'll have seen my reasons. If you look back at what music was successful at the time she made her albums, you'll see it was usually the style she had going on.

9 hours ago, saturn said:

Remember in 2014/5Ā  when she was asked who her favourite current artist was and she said Taylor Swift but struggled to name.any of her songs

I don't remember that! Was it televised?

9 hours ago, August3 said:

Not wrong, necessarily, she did go her own way sometimes, but they've just exaggerated a little, is all.

So now we moved the discussion into claiming that Madonna is paying for good reviews? That she is not the original pop music trendsetter?

Ā 

Well, regarding the first thing this isĀ woman that released the songĀ on a Wednesday, so no, at this stage I donā€™t think her concern is praise or charts success. She is simply producing the work that she wants at 60 years old. Sheā€™s beenĀ knownĀ for never using payola, and achieving her success through sheer work and dedication.Ā And these are facts.Ā 

And regarding the second Like a Prayer, Erotica and Ray of Light exist, and in every album she always tries something new.

Ā 

This type of arguments areĀ absolutely useless, because at some point Gaga, for example, will also be older and the same things that people are accusing Madonna of, Gaga might suffer the same, unless things profoundly change.

BlingNotTheMusic
16 hours ago, ECORONA said:

Are you Latino or Hispanic or at least understand Spanish on a native level???

No but I know some Spanish and have had a lot of Latin DĀ :vegas:

McYves
2 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

Are you saying in other songs he sounds feminine?Ā 

Mmm, yeah why not

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived