Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Madonna fading?

MrDarkGa

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
50 minutes ago, brizoda said:

What are they saying in MadonnaNation about her last single?

I saw Madonna stans think Shallow is either okay or dowright bad but they'll be praising the sh!t out of Madonna's latest. At least here people are fair and praise when something's good or drag it when it's bad. Sure some here will think that if she's not praised on here that means people are haters but the normal ones know her latest single is just not that good. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

Honestly think her attitude has got her to where she is now. :ohwell:

Facts!

Yes, she is.

Since the 1980s when the media said Madonna would be out of business in months and Cindy Lauper would be the it girl. :ladyhaha:

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, scheisseJK said:

Yes she is faiding... of course she dont need to prove anything... but we should lower our expactations, she is out of ideas and very secondary now...:reductive: i think her high  opinion of herself bring her where is it now, sometimes everyone need  to have some humility... that's sad:madge:

I don't like the "she doesn't need to prove anything" argument. Of course she has something to prove. She can prove she's still able to deliver quality music like so many of her peers have done YEARS into their career. She can prove she's not a bitter old mess who'd do anything to cater to the current generation and she can prove she doesn't have to follow in someone's footsteps and claim it's original like even now when she took the pop-legend-collaborates-with-hot-Latin-superstar thing that Janet Jackson did before her. 

I mean there are a lot of things she can prove instead of being reductive herself :reductive:

jaXXXon
18 minutes ago, steel said:

Yes, she is.

Since the 1980s when reviewers said Madonna would be out of business in months and Cindy Lauper would be the it girl. :ladyhaha:

Meanwhile:

Madonna's La Isla Bonita: 261 million views

Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: 734 million views

And those are their most watched videos. It doesn't even look better on streaming services either where Cyndi also has more than Madonna. And to add further insult to injury, here are their second-most viewed videos on YouTube:

Madonna's Hung Up: 189 million views

Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time: 341 million views :trollga:

Cyndi won. 

scheisseJK
5 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

I don't like the "she doesn't need to prove anything" argument. Of course she has something to prove. She can prove she's still able to deliver quality music like so many of her peers have done YEARS into their career. She can prove she's not a bitter old mess who'd do anything to cater to the current generation and she can prove she doesn't have to follow in someone's footsteps and claim it's original like even now when she took the pop-legend-collaborates-with-hot-Latin-superstar thing that Janet Jackson did before her. 

I mean there are a lot of things she can prove instead of being reductive herself :reductive:

You re totally right , there is always something to prove... but on the other hand she had carrer like no other women before so she can do everything and maybe she just dont care so much anymore... and now  we can just forget about her :trollga:.  for sure  she would like to have another worldwide hit but she won't have and now she is doing everything to call her just former queen of pop..:oops:

Reginald
14 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Meanwhile:

Madonna's La Isla Bonita: 261 million views

Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: 734 million views

And those are their most watched videos. It doesn't even look better on streaming services either where Cyndi also has more than Madonna. And to add further insult to injury, here are their second-most viewed videos on YouTube:

Madonna's Hung Up: 189 million views

Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time: 341 million views :trollga:

Cyndi won. 

:udidnt:

Shook! I'm a big fan of both artists, but I never knew that. Madonna definitely has a longer history of moderate hits,  but Cyndi's big hits are bigger than Madonna's? Wow!

:lmao: no wonder Madonna quoted Girls Just Want To Have Fun, in her song Girl Gone Wild :lmao:

Jae Eris

Sadly, yes. And honestly she doesn't really need to prove herself in the charts anymore. I just hope she'd focus more on the quality of her music on this stage forward.

I guess it'd be unpopular but I did enjoyed Rebel heart  (and MDNA, don't drag me). She hasnt faded for me.

sweet but psycho 🔪

MrHappy
5 hours ago, Stevo said:

Everyone on Gagadaily is secretly a madonna fan

Im a big fan and it is not secret I love her so much bıt she is **** it up :interestinga:

JohnWayne92

As a new Supreme rises, the old one fades away. :classy:

This was all explained in Coven :ladyhaha:

unpopular opinion: MDNA and Rebel Heart are hated that much because they were released in a time that made them somehow "compete" with Gaga's records 

and it's fun to see it because the sound they present is the most similar to what gaga does out of all of madonna's discography

haven't yall heard ofKdgQQW.gif

coexistence?

ice heard one side from above

Lyn Miller

Artist create art not chase hits.... Madonna has been trying do both. 
She is always under a microscope 

LUO YI
15 minutes ago, LanaDelGrant said:

unpopular opinion: MDNA and Rebel Heart are hated that much because they were released in a time that made them somehow "compete" with Gaga's records 

and it's fun to see it because the sound they present is the most similar to what gaga does out of all of madonna's discography

haven't yall heard ofKdgQQW.gif

coexistence?

They aren't bad albums really :air: like, scrap a couple fillers and there you have it!

The night sky tells all

Biden Harris 2024

I really hope that Madonna takes a more refined approach to music now. I don't think she cares at all about pop success. The world is way more mature and interesting outside the pop genre. Relevancy in the pop world is somewhat of a joke. I think she's finally figuring that out.

Musicisfreedom

No. At least she is trying new things, experimenting and refusing to be a nostalgia artist. When artists age they will lose the relevancy they once had. But she is far from fading. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived