Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion Has the Best Instrumentals

DeluluSwine

Featured Posts

DeluluSwine

12eE.gif

I know some of you don't like Perfect Illusion (:what:) but out of all Gaga's songs, I think it has the best or at least one of the best instrumentals (for example Poker Face has really good ones as well).

The twinkle sounds make the song sound really sad and they work perfectly with the other instruments, even though you don't hear them much on the actual song with singing. Also the guitar sounds so good, especially near the end of the song. :rockstar:

So what do you think, do you like Perfect Illusion's instrumentals? Do you think some other song has better ones? 

Chris Evans

correct. tame impala is a genius producer!

as far as singles go the instrumental of TEOG is also a fave of mine.

The Enigmatic

perfect illusion is the best produced single since Applause

I am having my ARTPOP moment

avalon x

I absolutely love this song (especially when it came out) but it kinda petered out really fast for some reason. Like it was so fresh when it came out and I didn't even mind it as a lead single but nowadays all I listen to are John Wayne and DIC from Joanne despite PI being a high-energy song (which is my type).

I guess it's just too retro and 80's? Also there's the severe lack of promotion too.

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

correct. tame impala is a genius producer!

as far as singles go the instrumental of TEOG is also a fave of mine.

was he responsible for most of the instrumental? it sounds so different to the demo that I thought most of the instrumental would have been Mark's choice like with Angel Down

guyzplzstaph

As much as I love PI, after hearing instrumental only I think Gaga kind of ruined it. It shines so well without vocals, is interesting, weird but in a good way, very detailed. Her shouting covers almost everything that's great about it. Still like it, but I treat PI instrumental as another, better song.

PerfectGUY

it has the best and most complex instrumentals in Gaga's career for sure. The instrumentals alone make up for a good song

KatieJudasGaga4

I think Alejandro, Judas, Monster and SHICD are better, but I live for this!

Cerny

Yes, it’s fantastic and you can definitely tell it’s Tame Impala, which is good. It’s very dynamic without ever losing steam, there’s not fluff or dead space. 

Spoiler

Too bad it was completely wasted with that horrendous brickwall of belting vocals, where she reaches a high 30 seconds into the track, keeps pushing, never properly arrives and goes nowhere.

The fact that she sounds near the edge of her vocal range, doesn’t help either.

Glamourpuss
27 minutes ago, guyzplzstaph said:

As much as I love PI, after hearing instrumental only I think Gaga kind of ruined it. It shines so well without vocals, is interesting, weird but in a good way, very detailed. Her shouting covers almost everything that's great about it. Still like it, but I treat PI instrumental as another, better song.

That's what I love about it. There's so much going on in the song it's like it's a new song on every listen. That's the effect it has on me, anyway. :)

MrDarkGa

Huge agree. I'm listening to its instrumental rn to freshen it in my mind and I adore how its actually Gaga's vocals carrying the melody.

Edit: the Joanne World Tour version of it is even better because its got a heavier rock tinge to it. Ugh yes.

baptism

PI is one of the best songs on Joanne which is without question her best album. So yes. Everything about Perfect Illusion is perfect.

Archived