💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you hopeful for the return of a great Gaga music video again?

Stef

Featured Posts

Stef

It’s arguably been a while. John Wayne was a step back in the right direction. Then Joanne’s homemade video came which was cute but nothing worth replaying. 

None of the ASIB era music videos were replay worthy as it was all movie scenes that played in the movie. 

Are you looking forward to the LG6 lead video? Do you expect greatness? Are you looking forward to some new (hopefully) choreo. Great shots. Stunning editing? Etc. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stef

Let it be said that I’m not shading the ASIB or Joanne visuals. They fit their purpose (except MR nnn) 

but the build up and teasers and grand premieres to hype an undeniably great and high energy Lady Gaga music video haven’t really happened in quite a while. I’d like to see the return :oprah:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

BgRaEgTaT

Not to be shady but I honestly think either Gaga does not care about music videos the way she used to, or she has simply lost her “edge” with visuals in general. Maybe a mix of both. I have low expectations but obviously I want to be surprised and shook by an amazing video that gets tons of attention lol 

Doncho

Sadly, no. Gaga doesnt have interest in them anymore... she would rather let her friends direct it and make it a mess, for some reason. I miss when she used to write songs thinking about the visuals. She really was ahead of everyone back in the day (including herself :laughga:).

I think her managment change played a BIG part in this too. Back then she had the dream team and everything had to be perfect. Ever since Bobby came, Gaga has more freedom, but none of her videos have been memorable. (GUY happened just after Troy left, so Gaga was still trying to capture that magic that fans loved).

Please prove me wrong, Gaga. I miss your great music videos!

likeitrough

I am keeping really low expectations after Joanne era and I think we all should.

I think John Wayne proved that she can still do "more" than baseline in terms of visuals. There was imagery in there reminiscent of her older work (the shoe gun, car crash, bottle smash/head) and I don't think it was mindlessly added for an era so purposely themed without that imagery. 

I have hope sure. 

BlingNotTheMusic

Yeah one of the things that MADE ME a Gaga fan was her epic videos and imagery. I understand that Joanne was honestly more about the music and hopefully with her new ASIB salary, sis can afford a few high budget visuals :huntyga:

JustAnother

Y’all overreact. Joanne had music videos that fit the songs and aesthetic, just like her other eras. If LG6 is going to be full of electronic dance music, expect crazy visuals. If it’s going to be stripped back acoustic expect stripped back visuals. Gaga isn’t dumb and hasn’t given up on visuals, y’all just didn’t like the aesthetic for Joanne, and that’s ok. 

2School4Cool

I honestly don’t care, I just want more Gaga. It could care less if it’s Perfect Illusion/ Million Reasons part 2 or something outrageous and over the top. I love it all and I would be thrilled with either option.

See The Best In Everyone

derpmonster

It wouldn't have made sense to have huge videos for either Joanne or ASIB. 

Just look at the visuals in her photoshoots. Of course she's coming back with it all. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

RAMROD

I wanted it. :sis: Some serious MV like these K-Pop and J-Pop MVs that always great with the productions and visuals.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

sampool

Until I see the name of an actual director attached to that ****, my answer is no. 

Archived