💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you hopeful for the return of a great Gaga music video again?

Stef

Featured Posts

Allan

I think it's just a matter of her wanting to put a bit more extra effort into it. The most recent batch of visuals made in collaboration with Lobster Eye (JWT interludes, Coachella interludes and the Intel videos) were really good and fresh. I think maybe her creative process now is more organic and she lets things be what they are instead of going like "ok guys we need a REALLY CONTROVERSIAL video"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abigail

I could potentially see a big production video that includes a storyline for her lead single, but maybe smaller productions for the other singles. I def agree with everybody that music videos aren't as important to her..sad):

RudraCNG

She always delivers at least one great video in every era. We just need to wait until tickets for her next tour are about to go on sale :ally:

If you mean big production/budget style videos then sure I wouldn't be against it.

I don't think it guarantees greatness though. PI's video is way smaller in scale then something like G.U.Y, yet PI is probably my favourite Gaga music video while I'm not the biggest fan of the G.U.Y video.

Delulu

I think that right now she doesn't even care about the visuals because she doesn't care about the sales. At this point I think she's on the mindset 'It's Lady Gaga, everyone's gonna watch even if it's trash.' She also doesn't care about her sales anymore. She prefers to work with friends that are not really that professional rather than professionals that treat her as a singer/artist and not a friend, which I think is wrong. You SHOULDN'T mix friendship over business imo.

f*** u pop music

HotLikeMexico

As an artist, I think she cares. Aside from Joanne being simplistic, a part of  me thinks because she’s now in her thirties, she much more calm and mature and can’t necessarily be doing what she did during TF, TFM, BTW. She does it occasionally now and I think that works best.   

However, we’ve seen Joanne WT visuals and Enigma, she clearly still has it in her to create insane visuals. I know she can produce great and memorable things. She has it in her. 

AJRocketMan
On 4/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, HotLikeMexico said:

As an artist, I think she cares. Aside from Joanne being simplistic, a part of  me thinks because she’s now in her thirties, she much more calm and mature and can’t necessarily be doing what she did during TF, TFM, BTW. She does it occasionally now and I think that works best.   

However, we’ve seen Joanne WT visuals and Enigma, she clearly still has it in her to create insane visuals. I know she can produce great and memorable things. She has it in her. 

What does being in her 30’s have to do with being less involved in visual art? She made a career out of her intricate and creative visuals. Being “more mature” is not an excuse for being less interested in making art.

joannesrats
On 4/17/2019 at 10:56 PM, Inferno said:

Its everything the ARTPOP stans here want imo.

hi, ARTPOP stan here, I love the JW video more than any video from ARTPOP, except for maybe Applause (as I'm typing this out there were only two videos, and all the flaws with GUY have already been discussed :huntyga:)

Smother Em Eh

I'm keeping low expectations but lowkey am really hoping for visuals again. Gaga was untouchable with the visuals back then. She needs to go back to it ASAP. I sadly agree with some of you saying, she doesn't care about making AMAZING music videos anymore. She needs to go back to them tho!

Gaga was the visual queen until the Joanne Era came. We need her back! :pray:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Stephen

I just hope she works with film directors and not fashion photographers. Fashion photographers can make great videos, but I miss seeing Gaga truly through the lens of a great filmmaker. Especially now that she's an established and celebrated actress, surely she is friends with talented filmmakers who would love to collaborate with her.

I'm afraid she's just going to have Lobster Eye direct everything :messga: They are very talented but I would love to see a fresh collaboration. Someone she's never worked with, or maybe hasn't worked with in a long time. Someone with a true creative edge that can vibe with Gaga and build off her ideas. Someone bold and ambitious. :bradley:

TEETHTEETH
On 4/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, BgRaEgTaT said:

Not to be shady but I honestly think either Gaga does not care about music videos the way she used to, or she has simply lost her “edge” with visuals in general. Maybe a mix of both. I have low expectations but obviously I want to be surprised and shook by an amazing video that gets tons of attention lol 

She had no problem delivering visuals for the Joanne tour interludes. She's a witch and shes brewing a storm. We may have to wait but I have no doubt itll be worth it. This star isnt one that's fading. 

her interlude catalogue is currently better than her music videos 

ice heard one side from above

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

What does being in her 30’s have to do with being less involved in visual art? She made a career out of her intricate and creative visuals. Being “more mature” is not an excuse for being less interested in making art.

She kinda touches on this in Five Foot Two and has mentioned how she feels being in her 30s now in an interview. I might've worded what I said wrong and didn't mean to come off ageist, but what I meant to say was that I think she's in a different place in her life. Which is why I brought up her age. 22 year old Gaga vs 33 year old Gaga have created different things. She probably doesn't feel the same way she felt about her art during the TF all the way up till now, and that's not a bad thing. I'm not saying she's not passionate but people change and she definitely has. And how she feels definitely impacts her "art." We just have to wait and see what she creates.

Archived