đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you hopeful for the return of a great Gaga music video again?

Stef

Featured Posts

Doncho
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

GUY is conceptually stupid and has nothing to do with why I like Gaga, its just a visual representation of everything bad about the ARTPOP era. Perfect Illusion not having a concept is a concept, its her performing the song, and the video and its hectic energy fits the adrenaline rush that the song is. Including the shaky camera work which is purposeful just as the Joanne video is meant to have a handheld camera vibe, like it was being shot in someones backyard as it must have been. its a stylistic choice that literally fits the vibe of the music. she could have done something ornate I guess, again, Joanne is not the album or aesthetic i wanted from her in general but like...ugh im so annoyed lol

idk how you can nitpick about camera angles and be cool with her cramming an entire song in the end credits on a music film like thats at all good.

I still disagree 100% with you lmao :laughga:

For me, Perfect Illusion is an improvised MESS. Im glad some people like it, but it just fails to impress me. I dont think it needed choreo or anything, it was just bad, specially for a LEAD single. And Manicure being in the credits literally dont affect the video.

Aside from pop fans, literally no one remembers the Joanne era music videos. Maybe some people know the MR video, since it was a hit, but pretty sure no one cares for the others

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did GUY and John Wayne and no one cared. Why waste time and money for these little videos... directors aren’t cheap. 

Inferno
3 minutes ago, Doncho said:

I still disagree 100% with you lmao :laughga:

For me, Perfect Illusion is an improvised MESS. Im glad some people like it, but it just fails to impress me. I dont think it needed choreo or anything, it was just bad, specially for a LEAD single. And Manicure being in the credits literally dont affect the video.

Aside from pop fans, literally no one remembers the Joanne era music videos. Maybe some people know the MR video, since it was a hit, but pretty sure no one cares for the others

Well if we're going there, no one other than gaga stans remember any of her videos post-Fame Monster so...don't really get the relevance of that angle.

nothing about perfect illusion is improvised. it was curated beautifully from the cinematography to the color scheme to her attitude and style.

manicure lazily being tacked onto the end credits affects the film because its a blatant part of it. the film didn't need credits, she literally added that to add manicure to the video. it was lazy and half assed, just like you think the joanne era is.

Doncho
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Well if we're going there, no one other than gaga stans remember any of her videos post-Fame Monster so...don't really get the relevance of that angle.

nothing about perfect illusion is improvised. it was curated beautifully from the cinematography to the color scheme to her attitude and style.

manicure lazily being tacked onto the end credits affects the film because its a blatant part of it. the film didn't need credits, she literally added that to add manicure to the video. it was lazy and half assed, just like you think the joanne era is.

Well, maybe thats true. Born this Way video had its impact when it premiered though.

And there is nothing wrong with GUY having credits, a lot of people were involved with it. The shooting lasted like 5 days if I remember correctly . Good or bad videos, I will always be a monster, but I kinda get why so many fans AND public got bored of Gaga. She isnt as interesting as she was at her prime. But oh well. To each their own I guess.

Inferno
3 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Well, maybe thats true. Born this Way video had its impact when it premiered though.

And there is nothing wrong with GUY having credits, a lot of people were involved with it. The shooting lasted like 5 days if I remember correctly . Good or bad videos, I will always be a monster, but I kinda get why so many fans AND public got bored of Gaga. She isnt as interesting as she was at her prime. But oh well. To each their own I guess.

Im never that person, but considering how much intrigue there is surrounding not only her because of the film but the music shes involved in. So much so that Shallow is one of the biggest hits of her career when in reality that song and the soundtrack itself could have easily tanked. Should show you that the public is not bored of her. the attention, appreciation, and conversation surrounding her as just evolved.

Theres nothing wrong with it having credits but with your logic, she might as well have done something interesting with manicure if she were to have included it rather than tacked it on at the end half-hazardly. I mean.

Doncho
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Im never that person, but considering how much intrigue there is surrounding not only her because of the film but the music shes involved in. So much so that Shallow is one of the biggest hits of her career when in reality that song and the soundtrack itself could have easily tanked. Should show you that the public is not bored of her any longer, the attention, appreciation, and conversation surrounding her as just evolved.

Theres nothing wrong with it having credits but with your logic, she might as well have done something interesting with manicure if she were to have included it rather than tacked it on at the end half-hazardly. I mean.

Yes luckily ASIB slayed :sis: The public is here for her next project. So she better deliver

And she filmed a video for 3 different songs, let her have just 1 in the credits :triggered:

Inferno
Just now, Doncho said:

Yes luckily ASIB slayed :sis: The public is here for her next project. So she better deliver

And she filmed a video for 3 different songs, let her have just 1 in the credits :triggered:

She filmed a bad video with 3 different songs and then tacked an entire extra song on at the end to make it worse :huntyga:

Doncho
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

She filmed a bad video with 3 different songs and then tacked an entire extra song on at the end to make it worse :huntyga:

giphy.gif

LilyLark
45 minutes ago, Inferno said:

How is John Wayne not delivering or not trying? It essentially delivered what ARTPOP tried to with its psychadelic visuals and did so much better. Like wtf. GUY was conceptually stupid and the hastily lazy way in which the songs are integrated with no real relation to the music itself on top of the fact that she ended the film with MANiCURE in its entirely during the credits made it even messier. Like....im living for this argument but also fuming lol

Yeah, I actually think John Wayne is one of her best MV. Don't get the hate for it at all.

Inferno
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, I actually think John Wayne is one of her best MV. Don't get the hate for it at all.

Thank you! Idgi either. Its everything the ARTPOP stans here want imo.

Reject False Icons

It would be possible, but when she went to that direction with John Wayne people weren't interested even if her team strategically released the video right after the Super Bowl performance using the momentum she had.

Although this would be because she didn't sing the song in the SBHTS and million reasons outshined it. 

Her new fans and people in general have changed their expectations for Gaga, (Just look at the replies of the complete Enigma backstage costume, they thought the ARTPOP mask was too much :shocked:) sadly this is not what it used to be.  I trust that she prove everyone wrong and do what she wants, cause she will :ohno: 

Also I don't believe Gaga was overworked from 2008 to 2013, I mean she worked  / hung around with her friends and she had time for herself. 2013 was the year where everything turned bad. Her team is not the excuse to blame the changes in her videos, I think is a personal thing.

Miel

I guess it all depends on the tone of the album. OP is right in that, although the Joanne videos weren't epic or grand, they generally fit the purpose of the music and aesthetic that she was gunning for.

Although I would love a video with a grand scope like Alejandro or Marry the Night again.

3 points in and ready for more

Guest ARTPOPSlays

You know, artists sometimes need to take breaks from extravagant things to recharge their mind and feel refreshed. I’m an artist, so I would know. Sometimes you just need a good break, or to try something new. That’s what I believe Gaga’s been going through. 

Archived