đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you hopeful for the return of a great Gaga music video again?

Stef

Featured Posts

Doncho

I cant at some of you thinking the Joanne videos are "ok" just because it was a simple era. You can still be simple and have great visuals/direction, wich Joanne lacked. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
41 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

Y’all overreact. Joanne had music videos that fit the songs and aesthetic, just like her other eras. If LG6 is going to be full of electronic dance music, expect crazy visuals. If it’s going to be stripped back acoustic expect stripped back visuals. Gaga isn’t dumb and hasn’t given up on visuals, y’all just didn’t like the aesthetic for Joanne, and that’s ok. 

But don’t you think MR could have been amped up? Instead of her friends driving her to a photo shoot and her giving half-assed acting?

Like she could have given grandiose and polished outfits with her strumming along in the prairie barefoot..

Inferno

How can anyone say John Wayne was anything other than the e x a c t type of Gaga music video you're referring to with this thread?

Inferno
22 minutes ago, Doncho said:

I cant at some of you thinking the Joanne videos are "ok" just because it was a simple era. You can still be simple and have great visuals/direction, wich Joanne lacked. 

Perfect Illusion was a really well crafted video, period, both with its cinematography and how it related to the song itself. she looked sick af in it. (arguably within my top 10 favorite lady gaga videos of all time even though the song doesnt even come close). John Wayne was complete Gaga doing Gaga. Million Reasons was whatever at worst. Joanne Piano Version was actually really cute and i particularly loved the scenes of her shooting pool in that top where her breasts are exposed. The videos from the Joanne era are hardly so bland to lack intrigue, they're just not the everything under the kitchen sink aesthetic that all of you ARTPOP stans that plague this forum obsess over. monster melodrama at its finest.

Queen Gloria

John Wayne was the gag of the century, I don't think her visuals have declined much in quality (I mean, except for the Enigma wig..) but I'm hopeful that she'll be serving full on avant-garde Gaga with LG6. 

Doncho
14 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Perfect Illusion was a really well crafted video, period, both with its cinematography and how it related to the song itself. she looked sick af in it. (arguably within my top 10 favorite lady gaga videos of all time even though the song doesnt even come close). John Wayne was complete Gaga doing Gaga. Million Reasons was whatever at worst. Joanne Piano Version was actually really cute and i particularly loved the scenes of her shooting pool in that top where her breasts are exposed. The videos from the Joanne era are hardly so bland to lack intrigue, they're just not the everything under the kitchen sink aesthetic that all of you ARTPOP stans that plague this forum obsess over. monster melodrama at its finest.

Perfect Illusion had potential but the camera angles were just BAD. The scene were she is on top on the public is amazing but its filmed so bad that its not iconic as it should be. John Wayne had great visuals but once again, its ruined by the camera that dont let you pause and get a clear image of Gaga. I love the video, but the editing was also messy. Joanne is simple and its ok, but if you pay attention, you will notice that damn camera moving where it doesnt need to go.

Take a look at this part in the Joanne video (with time mark). Gaga is clearly looking at you and the camera just goes up and cuts part of her face for no damn reason :toofunny: 

I like simple visuals, I just think they werent handled well

Inferno
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Perfect Illusion had potential but the camera angles were just BAD. The scene were she is on top on the public is amazing but its filmed so bad that its not iconic as it should be. John Wayne had great visuals but once again, its ruined by the camera that dont let you pause and get a clear image of Gaga. I love the video, but the editing was also messy. Joanne is simple and its ok, but if you pay attention, you will notice that damn camera moving where it doesnt need to go.

Take a look at this part in the Joanne video (with time mark). Gaga is clearly looking at you and the camera just goes up and cuts part of her face for no damn reason :toofunny: 

I like simple visuals, I just think they werent handled well

I completely and 100% disagree with you. Entirely. Nothing was wrong with the camera in any of these examples. Bad? Im fuming. Perfect Illusion as a video as well as John Wayne are essentially perfect aesthetically. Both are hectic, maybe thats what you didn't care for.

Doncho
Just now, Inferno said:

I completely and 100% disagree with you. Entirely. Nothing was wrong with the camera in any of these examples. Perfect Illusion as a video as well as John Wayne are essentially perfect aesthetically.

Ok, lets agree to disagree then :huntyga:

Hopefully LG6 can give us videos that all fans love 

Inferno
Just now, Doncho said:

Ok, lets agree to disagree then :huntyga:

Hopefully LG6 can give us videos that all fans love 

Not yet, if you tell me G.U.Y., You and I or Marry the Night are better music videos than Perfect Illusion and John Wayne im going to personally have your account deleted. :excuseu:

Doncho
Just now, Inferno said:

Not yet, if you tell me G.U.Y., You and I or Marry the Night are better music videos than Perfect Illusion and John Wayne im going to personally have your account deleted. :excuseu:

GUY for sure is :ohwell:

At least Gaga TRIED with it, unlike in Joanne. There is a reason why this thread was made... because she doesnt deliver with videos anymore, and you know it (even if you like Joanne videos)

Inferno
4 minutes ago, Doncho said:

GUY for sure is :ohwell:

At least Gaga TRIED with it, unlike in Joanne. There is a reason why this thread was made... because she doesnt deliver with videos anymore, and you know it (even if you like Joanne videos)

How is John Wayne not delivering or not trying? It essentially delivered what ARTPOP tried to with its psychadelic visuals and did so much better. Like wtf. GUY was conceptually stupid and the hastily lazy way in which the songs are integrated with no real relation to the music itself on top of the fact that she ended the film with MANiCURE in its entirely during the credits made it even messier. Like....im living for this argument but also fuming lol

Doncho
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

How is John Wayne not delivering or not trying? It essentially delivered what ARTPOP tried to with its psychadelic visuals and did so much better. Like wtf. GUY was conceptually stupid and the hastily lazy way in which the songs are integrated with no real relation to the music itself on top of the fact that she ended the film with MANiCURE in its entirely during the credits made it even messier. Like....im living for this argument but also fuming lol

Yeah sorry, she did tried with John Wayne. Not with the other 3 in my opinion. And GUY is literally why most of us like Gaga. Her crazy side with over the top ideas. Yes the mixing of songs wasnt the best, but the GUY part of the video (the main video lol) is amazing. And Manicure is just in the credits so nothing wrong with that :sis:

And you think GUY is conceptually stupid (wich I disagree), then whats left for the Joanne videos? :triggered: Dont tell me Perfect Illusion had a concept because like Gaga described herself, its  her "just performing the song". She didnt even knew how to hype the video lol

Inferno
4 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Yeah sorry, she did tried with John Wayne. Not with the other 3 in my opinion. And GUY is literally why most of us like Gaga. Her crazy side with over the top ideas. Yes the mixing of songs wasnt the best, but the GUY part of the video (the main video lol) is amazing. And Manicure is just in the credits so nothing wrong with that :sis:

And you think GUY is conceptually stupid (wich I disagree), then whats left for the Joanne videos? :triggered: Dont tell me Perfect Illusion had a concept because like Gaga described herself, its  her "just performing the song". She didnt even knew how to hype the video lol

GUY is conceptually stupid and has nothing to do with why I like Gaga, its just a visual representation of everything bad about the ARTPOP era. Perfect Illusion not having a concept is a concept, its her performing the song, and the video and its hectic energy fits the adrenaline rush that the song is. Including the shaky camera work which is purposeful just as the Joanne video is meant to have a handheld camera vibe, like it was being shot in someones backyard as it must have been. its a stylistic choice that literally fits the vibe of the music. she could have done something ornate I guess, again, Joanne is not the album or aesthetic i wanted from her in general but like...ugh im so annoyed lol

idk how you can nitpick about camera angles and be cool with her cramming an entire song in the end credits on a music film like thats at all good.

dynamite

Perfect Illusion video is epic and so is John Wayne. Million Reasons and Joanne piano version are really boring to watch.

I hope for a legendary video for the lead!

imnotyourbabe10

Love all of her videos in their own right but am curious what she and Steven Klein would come up with as of late.  (Off topic but I'm wondering how RedOne and our Lady would sound since it's been a while since Angel Down...not a delulu asking for a return to form...just curious where they would land these days). 

Another Klein video and a RedOne song akin to Alejandro :diane:

Archived