💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Is RuPaul's Drag Race over?

Featured Posts

Hi all, i'm pretty new here and i thought i would finally start my own thread. Anyways i started watching RuPaul's last year watching from season 8 and since then became hooked but just of late from season 9 I've noticed a decline in the quality of the series. All challenges just seem like recycled ones from past seasons, winners are picked solely just on fan hype and RuPaul himself seems to not really even care for the show anymore. What are thoughts on this ? Is RuPaul drag race slowly dying ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEANGT

they been saying this since season 7. People get sick of it and new people start watching. it's whatever. lol. it's very formulaic. 

Thonin Dyn

rpdr is not THAT over. but rpdr all stars is kinda over yea 

Serve it, Ancien City style!

Supersonic

The quality decline is pretty much... just perceived. The show has always made questionable choices, it's just that they become more obvious when more people are watching it. If seasons 2, 3 or 4 was aired today, it would probably be ripped to shreds by critics and fans alike.

gagzus

Sure it’s not as good or half as camp as it was before it attained mainstream success and VH1 (which is known for produced drama in it’s reality TV), but tbh season 10 and 11 have kinda delivered- especially 11, it’s been the best since season 6, but let’s hope they don’t rob Yvie 

gagzus
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Maybe Drag Race UK will shake things up a bit :shrug:

I was hoping this too but after seeing some of the spoilers and the alleged cast it’s basically still Americanised so it’s not gonna be that different it seems :/ 

davflz

i love the show but i feel like they have been milking it to death since moving to vh1. Especially their choice to now do all stars every year makes it loose momentum and a new drag race season just does not feel special at all anymore :messga: i used to absolutely adore the show like 2-3 years ago and now watching it feels almost like a chore. I'm so behind on season 11 i swear :toofunny:

14 minutes ago, Thonin Dyn said:

rpdr is not THAT over. but rpdr all stars is kinda over yea 

Yeah i agree about the all stars, i thought it wouldn't get any worse after 3 but a double win ?! no thnx :bye:

10 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I was hoping this too but after seeing some of the spoilers and the alleged cast it’s basically still Americanised so it’s not gonna be that different it seems :/ 

I don't know how its going to work, British and American culture is just so different.

Spoiler

Apparently Nina West will do Gemma Collins in snatch game, not sure how thats going to work out.

RAMROD

Dunno. Maybe not. It still airing and seems people still watching it.

I do not follow the current season, since I lost the spark to after that last All Stars season.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Spock

It was good until teenage girls ruined it and they adapted the content/challenges/jokes to fit the mainstream 

I'm still watching it though :sis:

who will love me when the night is over

Sneaky Oliver

No. Season 11 is so good. People hating the show because All Stars makes no sense because AS seasons are meant to be more like of a “showcase” to please fans and build the buzz for the following standard season. I doubt the queens actually feel “robbed” they are aware of how the show works and how all the drama goes to get people talking. I believe they are very grateful anyways because they will benefit from the show even though they didnt win!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived