💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce - "Homecoming"

dit

Featured Posts

Bolkins

Beyoncé truly is a machine, but she’s a Virgo it’s built in that everything must be perfect 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

Did she leave her home?

I don't understand the dramatic use of this title, there's no sense in that

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

VOLANTIS
18 minutes ago, CanadaGoesGaga said:

JWT was amazing :fthis:

Vocally yes.

But the giant maxi pads hanging, the lackluster interludes (compared to other Gaga interludes) could have been swapped for a better concept in my opinion. I'm not dragging it. It's well executed compared to artrave. But compared to the Monster Ball and BTWBT it felt like a teeny bit of a step down. But only in terms of visuals. It's her best vocal execution to date though. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

GABEL
36 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

I'll give Gaga a pass for Coachella. Although I am very well aware that wasn't her full potential sis had a very full plate at the time. But you're right. JWT should have been more visually appealing. And I'm still shocked at Enigma. That's such a miss for me. Gaga had more time to formulate Enigma than Beyonce had for Coachella. 

she probably planned to release her new album with Enigma and design the stage for new tracks but ASIB was too successful so they have to postpone it:trollga:
anyway it's just my guessing but at least gaga delivered a a fantastic soundtrack :vegas: let's hope they modify the vegas show after LG6 

2 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Sis Beyoncé had 8 damn months of rehearsal and over a year of planning, while Gaga was a last minute replacement and had less than 2 months to put together a show while also writing and recording music for ASIB and preparing to shoot the movie WHILE she’s playing Coachella, she was also probably planning JWT too. Like give her a break 

and being super polished and all that stuff is quintessential Beyoncé, that’s her brand, that’s her image. Thats NOT gaga. Her brand and what people expect from her is completely different and is always evolving. 

Imagine if everyone had the SAME damn artistry? It’d be a boring ass world 

I agree that Behyonce's brand is perfection and LG isn't but I don't think that is what he is getting at. Just that Gaga is an A-list celebrity and some of her/her team's moves don't look like it lately. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from Dua Lipa who has so little experience. Or Nicki Minaj who has experience but is just overall sloppy. Eg. cancelling shows, etc

I'm willing to give her a pass on Coachella because it was exactly the type of move she should be making. An opportunistic calculated move. She needed the set for her movie.  But it does seem like some other moves are rushed or not thought out.

21 minutes ago, River said:

Did she leave her home?

It's a reference to colleges I think.

Borislshere
22 minutes ago, River said:

Did she leave her home?

Coming back home to the stage.

It's explained in the documentary so yes there is "sense to it". 

Cavadour
7 hours ago, HermesGr said:

Omg.. Im Greek. This is a Greek Font.. It actually says: "Hthmskthming" :laughga::laughga: Total Stupidity!

If they wanted Greek style font should be "ΧΟΜKΑΜΙΝΓΚ" and Roman "HOMCOMING"

The letter "Θ" is the Greek "th" (like "thief")

I'm with you. As graphic designer I often want to play with foreign fonts and letters. But my first reaction when I saw these "Θ" was also this is a greek letter wtf ? What a stupid and careless choice...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

CanadaGoesGaga
15 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Vocally yes.

But the giant maxi pads hanging, the lackluster interludes (compared to other Gaga interludes) could have been swapped for a better concept in my opinion. I'm not dragging it. It's well executed compared to artrave. But compared to the Monster Ball and BTWBT it felt like a teeny bit of a step down. But only in terms of visuals. It's her best vocal execution to date though. 

So my experience is BTWBall, ArtRave, C2C Tour, and JWT. 

BTWBall was obviously a theatrical and scenic masterpiece. I adore that show, I saw it twice. But I try and treat each of her shows as there own thing. ArtRave was slightly disappointing, but still insanely fun.

But I loved the visuals of JWT. It was high tech, the interludes were fantastic (I had never gotten a Gaga interlude like that in any of the shows I’ve been to...) it felt like a show you’d see after a Super Bowl icon defining moment. 

Haven't watched it as of yet, but i think it's really nice for B allowing a camera crew and all that behind the scenes. Especially her being so private. She truly is a Queen :kiss:

Gonzi
1 hour ago, VOLANTIS said:

I'll give Gaga a pass for Coachella. Although I am very well aware that wasn't her full potential sis had a very full plate at the time. But you're right. JWT should have been more visually appealing. And I'm still shocked at Enigma. That's such a miss for me. Gaga had more time to formulate Enigma than Beyonce had for Coachella. 

You really can't put Beychella and Enigma in the same category though. Beychella was formulated for a big one-time performance event. There's no way Beyoncé can execute such an ambitious and complex set every night for several months on tour. Enigma is great in its own category, a 5k people theater show. I don't understand how much more you could expect from that?

Let's not forget the main purpose of the residency is for it to have a smaller impact on her body and health.

DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, River said:

Did she leave her home?

It plays a huge role in alumni returning to their school. In this case HBCUs(hence the heavy references with the band, HBCU logos on Bey's outfits, her donations to HBCUs) because the culture is so strong with their Homecomings.

TimisaMonster
10 hours ago, dit said:

and yet here we are still waiting for the Joanne World Tour Live recording of the show :messga: 

At this point I think she looked back at the footage and realized she looked in pain...the stage was breaking...and she is already moved on to other projects like ENIGMA and LG6...:toofunny:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

You really can't put Beychella and Enigma in the same category though. Beychella was formulated for a big one-time performance event. There's no way Beyoncé can execute such an ambitious and complex set every night for several months on tour. Enigma is great in its own category, a 5k people theater show. I don't understand how much more you could expect from that?

Let's not forget the main purpose of the residency is for it to have a smaller impact on her body and health.

Jazz and Piano nights were much pleasantly arranged compared to the Enigma shows and that's not a good thing. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Cavadour

Dont' Bey a drΔg just Bey a quΣΣn ...and get yourself a custom ad !

8wxr2s.jpg

Below : A trend way to beat around the bush !

hrhnpi.png

- Bey : I'm Aegyptian (and a wild greek girl-powered black hymenopteran panther !)
- Gaga : I'm Italian (cazzo la Madonna !)

5v0qbt.gif

Controversy fuel :

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived