Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
question

Is Just Dance A Filler Song?

Featured Posts

sabatini

A filler song is a song that was made only to fill the album tracklist so that it doesn't seem like it has too little tracks.  so not the lead single lol

Edited by sabatini
young wild brazilian
  • Like 2

Banned User

the song at its core explores numbness and the inability to cope with depression and reality.

take a look at this performance, it’ll change the perception that is just a happy upbeat poppy song:

I’ll say this was Gaga right after she was dropped from Def Jam, so it makes perfect sense in the album.  

Essence

The answer, categorically, is no, JUST DANCE  is not a filler track.

A lot of semantic distinctions are subjective but this one...

:saladga:

Edited by Essence

Serial Chiller
17 hours ago, Twitter said:

What I’m trying to say is looking back on Gaga’s discography; Just Dance doesn’t fit the theme of the album and is her least popular and slightly forgotten hit. 

Just Dance is slightly forgotten? least popular? Listen to yourself right now. Ask anyone to quote 5 Gaga's songs, almost certain Just Dance would be 1 of them. 

lovedillon
2 hours ago, MmmDani said:

Jewls ‘N Drugs tho, I’m not seeing the strategy there

Well each song on ARTPOP is pop mixed with another genre. There’s rock/pop, r&b/pop, rap/pop, experimental/pop, etc so it fits the album in that context. Either way it’s not our place to say whether or not it fits because we aren’t the artist? So not only are you not seeing the strategy there but you’re also not seeing the point I’ve already made lmao it doesn’t matter if you see the strategy, it’s her strategy lol oh well anyways

Edited by lovedillon

t e a
6 hours ago, Fish said:

this is beyond ridiculous get a degree

:lmao:

OT: gurl :awkney:  

Edited by T E A
d e r r i d a

androiduser

the lead single cannot be considered a filler song, by any definition...

ice bear

more like lovegame...

ice bear coolest bear // adopt a kitty

AJRocketMan
4 hours ago, MmmDani said:

Jewls ‘N Drugs tho, I’m not seeing the strategy there

It was added because Gaga wanted a rap song on the album. She worked with Azealia Banks, and when those got scrapped (“She’s got a bad attitude”), she reached out to Too $hort, T.I., and Twista for collaboration. She worked with Kendrick Lamar on Good Kid, Maad City for “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe” and a reworking of her song “Partynauseous” for his album, neither of which got an official release and only saw the light of day after getting leaked. So ARTPOP was going to get a rap song either way whether we liked it or not.

I’m a Bad Kid and I will survive

Lighter

The fame is about her life in new york too which is what Just Dance represents

Twitter
2 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

Just Dance is slightly forgotten? least popular? Listen to yourself right now. Ask anyone to quote 5 Gaga's songs, almost certain Just Dance would be 1 of them. 

Let’s not be foolish here. default_WGnMVG8.png

Gaga’s top 5 songs everyone knows rn are:

1. Shallow

2. Poker Face

3. Bad Romance

4. Born This Way

5. Million Reasons

An American online news and social networking service.

Twitter
9 hours ago, Joshie S said:

Some of these young kids today will just never understand the iconic legend that is Lady Gaga.

There have been several points made in this thread and still the OP doesn't seem to get it.

I feel bad for the younger generations who didn't experience, and or don't understand the reasoning behind how Gaga works. It saddens me when people just don't get it.

I'm glad to find people in here that do understand, though. Makes me feel like how hard she works is definitely all for something worthwhile. 

I’m not a kid nor have problems interpreting points. I value and respect everyone’s opinion; however, I do think Just Dance comes off as a filler to The Fame.

Twitter
9 hours ago, dynamite said:

How can a single, let alone her debut and one of her most iconic songs, be a filler? PLEASE stop the drugs. Fillers are generally mediocre album tracks that are included to space out the album lol :interestinga:

YOU must be on drugs if you think Just Dance is one her most iconic songs. jj3.png

Had Just Dance NOT been her debut single, we all would’ve said it’s a filler.

Twitter
6 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

How is just dance her least popular hit? When it’s one of her top selling singles?

It may be one of her top selling singles. However, Gaga has plenty of singles that overshadowed Just Dance in popularity. :sweat: