question

Best song written solely by Gaga?

monsterhamh

Best song written solely by Gaga?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Best song written solely by Gaga?

Featured Posts

Schizophonic

you and i but i still prefer the version she played on the monster ball without the queen sample.

is there a studio version without it by the way?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

Anyone who doesn’t say Yoü and I is a sinner and I hope Jo shows up to blow smoke in your face as punishment. 

disco stick tester, inquire within

Speechless.  One of her best songs, and her record company's biggest mistake was not releasing that as a single in my opinion.  It would have been an instant classic.  

Lazz Monster
46 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Look like I'm in the minority :poot:

were you the other one who voted for JAD?

apparently we are the only ones here with taste :queenga:

i almost voted for YAI, but JAD has such a unique production, that i gotta give it to JAD, even tho i do love YAI :kara:

i'm sorry, but for me Speechless doesn't even crack her top 10 ballads :huntyga:

We're far from the Shallow now

KatieJudasGaga4
19 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

i'm sorry, but for me Speechless doesn't even crack her top 10 ballads :huntyga:

I would be angry at you, but I kinda agree, the live version of Speechless are better 

Lazz Monster
12 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I would be angry at you, but I kinda agree, the live version of Speechless are better 

right off the top of my head, i could name 10 better ballads than speechless

Shallow
ARUTW
INLA
ITA?
Million Reasons
Joanne (piano)
Dope
Gypsy(Acoustic)
Hair(Acoustic)
Till It Happens To You

:ohwell:

monsieurRed

Speechless is a classic. Could have been a single. I honestly skip JAD. It has too much of a Beatles sound for me and I can’t stand them. 

🧚‍♀️

2School4Cool
25 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

were you the other one who voted for JAD?

apparently we are the only ones here with taste :queenga:

i almost voted for YAI, but JAD has such a unique production, that i gotta give it to JAD, even tho i do love YAI :kara:

I voted for Speechless :ohwell:

BUT

I love seeing the Just Another Day appreciation! One of the most underrated tracks she’s ever written!

See The Best In Everyone

Miel

All three are gorgeous in their own way.

Speechless is so lush, lyrically, and really has that sort of post-youth heartbreak that cuts down way, way deep. Yoü and I, on the other hand, is just so forward and aggressive and to-the-goddamned-point about how much she is in love in that very moment- so much so that I feel like I could revel in that feeling, like I'm in love with whomstever she is talking about myself. Just Another Day is such a rare kind of song from Gaga (even in the middle of her "stripped down" era), that really taps in to what makes her content and happy on a day-to-day basis.

I have to pick Yoü and I, though. Watching that song grow up, from its debut at the White Tie and Tiara Ball in 2010, to it becoming a national success in the United States, was a true journey.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
39 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Speechless.  One of her best songs, and her record company's biggest mistake was not releasing that as a single in my opinion.  It would have been an instant classic.  

In all fairness, I would say it's leaning on becoming a classic within the "Gaga" context. It's surprisingly known and popular among casual listeners, tbh. I''m glad.

3 points in and ready for more

KatieJudasGaga4
8 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

right off the top of my head, i could name 10 better ballads than speechless

Shallow
ARUTW
INLA
ITA?
Million Reasons
Joanne (piano)
Dope
Gypsy(Acoustic)
Hair(Acoustic)
Till It Happens To You

:ohwell:

I agree except for Dope.

BlingNotTheMusic

Love Yoü and I but Speechless sh*ts on her, sorry gheys. I also saw her performance it live at TMB before TFM was released so it has a special place for me :queenga:

EDIT: OMFG NVM I GOT BTW MIXED UP WITH TFM. Must be the wine :vegas:

Lazz Monster
12 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I agree except for Dope.

omg i thought you were being ironic :laughga:

well, even tho i love dope so much, we can switch it with Angel Down or You and I :huntyga:

BlingNotTheMusic

I have to add that anytime JAD comes on it instantly puts me in a great mood. Truly underrated gem. I think You and I might be overrated or I've heard it too much?

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

omg i thought you were being ironic :laughga:

well, even tho i love dope so much, we can switch it with Angel Down or You and I :huntyga:

I love Dope too, I just prefer Speechless over Dope. All her ballads are amazing.:firega:

Angel Down is definitely in my top 5 ballads

Archived