Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will Tweet about Notre Dame?

joannesrats

Featured Posts

Prada
3 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

So what would you rather? Celebrities address every incident or not say anything at all?

Just curious your perspective.

I would rather celebrities speak on big incidents such as New Zealand attacks. Its not a small attack. I was shocked to see how little press it got. I am no muslim no Christian either. But hypocrisy these celebs have when it comes to equality makes me laugh.. I only saw Obamas and Naomi Campbell wrotr about New Zealand.

Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, Adriana Lima said:

Not only Gaga but %95 of the celebs were silent about New Zealand incident. I was shocked. I know the hypocrisy society has when bombings or attacks happen to Muslim- Asian or any other country or race other than European countries and USA but, its getting boring. Same happened when 2 other place bombed and hundreds died at the time of PrayForParis but these celebs who think they know everything just prayed for Paris. 

I remember some people surprised to not see Gaga tweet about the Paris attacks at this moment so, in her case, we know it's not about showing support only for western World victims.

Western  celebs and even western folks overall react more to western dramas. Maybe the same happened with drama in the rest of the world with folks connecting more to it when it "closer" to them idk... :/ 

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I remember some people surprised to not see Gaga tweet about the Paris attacks at this moment so, in her case, we know it's not about showing support only for western World victims.

Western  celebs and even western folks overall react more to western dramas. Maybe the same happened with drama in the rest of the world with folks connecting more to it when it "closer" to them idk... :/ 

It's cynical and dumb, but I feel like celebs realize if they tweet sympathy for one horrible tragedy and forget to do it for another then they'll get unnecessarily dragged by dumb twitter folks who live for drama...and so they decide not to do it at all. People were dragging various celebs because they didn't get on social media to mourn Luke Perry, even though not saying something on social media doesn't mean you aren't sad or aware. I saw people dragging some actress because she didn't specifically call out racist white supremacy in her tweet about NZ, she just said it was a horrible, tragic act of terrorism committed against the Mosque. So petty and dumb, especially because she did say it was terrorism. Taylor and Bey got dragged (again, it was unncessary and dumb) because people accused them of not doing it soon enough, or the right way, when they came out for Democrats in TN and TX.

I think people also need to realize that not acknowledging something on social media isn't a "snub" or ignoring something. But it is true that a lot of celebs only pay attention to events in the Western world. Gaga, and others though, have basically stopped using social media to respond to any events.

RudraCNG
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

No, because once celebrities start offering condolences they get stuck in a cycle where if they forget to offer condolences for the next tragedy they get dragged.

This so much. Nowadays it seems that if people don't tweet/speak about something is that they don't care.

Guillaume Hamon
19 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

celebs realize if they tweet sympathy for one horrible tragedy and forget to do it for another then they'll get unnecessarily dragged by dumb twitter folks who live for drama...and so they decide not to do it at all.

Indeed! if ever they're working in a studio for days or just in bed  missing the news, they'll get dragged for not commenting about the last sad thing happening it's really absurd and not fair.

22 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I saw people dragging some actress because she didn't specifically call out racist white supremacy in her tweet about NZ, she just said it was a horrible, tragic act of terrorism committed against the Mosque. So petty and dumb, especially because she did say it was terrorism.

Yeah if you're famous and don't do it using a specific word folks get crazy like if some some actor tweet will prevent it to happen again or bring back the victims... Ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Gaga, and others though, have basically stopped using social media to respond to any events.

Yep and it was the best thing to do imo!

sipthistea

It's a shame what happened to Notre Dame, but what would be the need to state the obvious and what's been said by so many already? 

Luckily, human lives were not affected. And sure, it's quite sad that such a monument suffered. But it can be restored and its legacy stands. 

So what would be the point? 

LordEnigma
5 hours ago, Adriana Lima said:

I would rather celebrities speak on big incidents such as New Zealand attacks. Its not a small attack. I was shocked to see how little press it got. I am no muslim no Christian either. But hypocrisy these celebs have when it comes to equality makes me laugh.. I only saw Obamas and Naomi Campbell wrotr about New Zealand.

I mean big tragedies happen almost daily around the world - and we rarely hear about them from third world countries. Should celebrities tweet their sympathy about attacks around the world every day?

RAMROD

Well, she doesn't have political agenda, so she won't. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived