💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

mindintransit

I've seen ASIB six times (ASIB 2x, Encore 2x, and DVD 2x). I'm pacing myself.
I don't really have a problem with the first half. I know the Shallow scene isn't realistic but it's such a great scene. 
I have a problem with Jackson lecturing through the movie about authenticity. He's just pretentious. Country rock is more authentic than pop music? Really?
The movie takes place in the music world but it's all sort of vague. Jackson's career goes from huge crowds to free fall. Ally is famous with Grammy nominations / SNL appearance. Jackson lectures more about authenticity.  The Grammy scene - WTF?
Jackson has a well-developed backstory (Ally doesn't). That it fits in to the backstory is the excuse for making his suicide so gruesome. At least in the other movies they made it look like an accident. Did you wonder who found him?
The underdevelopment of Ally unbalances the movie, especially the second half.  I read every ASIB review (obsessive). This critic makes the point pretty strongly:
“Her singing is dominant, her performance fascinatingly elusive and full of life—she doesn’t so much deliver a single feeling on cue as command the screen and gradually unfold a complex range of emotions. But Cooper’s impatient direction never gives her the screen time to flourish, and the camera seems to cut away from her just as her moments of performance are beginning.”

I need to say that despite the things that bother me, I love this movie. Great performances, great music and, yes, great chemistry. Along with millions of people, I'll watch and re-watch ASIB. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hallucinade

The difference between the WDYDT movie version and OST version with the bass in the movie kicking in way early with more ambiance sound in the background, seriously it bothers me that there are two different productions:saladga:

Guillaume Hamon
12 hours ago, monsieurRed said:

I thought that was her best acting in the film

The 4 folks who saw the movie with me either loved this scene or felt like they saw her act at this moment so I'm not surprised you got a different impression. :) 

I love the film, but it was unrealistic in a lot of ways. Like Ally seem to become a star in a matter of weeks, it takes way longer than that to be a star these days:saladga:

The Child
4 hours ago, StopCallingMe said:

The difference between the WDYDT movie version and OST version with the bass in the movie kicking in way early with more ambiance sound in the background, seriously it bothers me that there are two different productions:saladga:

Omg it bothered me so much honestly. The movie version sounds so much better.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

PlastiscGuy
36 minutes ago, josh james said:

I love the film, but it was unrealistic in a lot of ways. Like Ally seem to become a star in a matter of weeks, it takes way longer than that to be a star these days:saladga:

Well... Have you seen those stupid trendy trap-rappers? :neyde: a new one would appear every week by doing literally nothing and they ruled the music industry for almost two years.

Perhaps for women it's harder, tho.

PG.

imnotyourbabe10

The line upon entering the bar with Jackson for the first time, "Yo, it's so lit, tho" like, what? :what:  (Maybe I'm just too old lol)

Also, the fact the movie is just 2 hours of depression and addictive behavior.

Don't get me wrong, it's excellent.  All the accolades are well-deserved and Cooper deserved more recognition for directing and acting. 

DoremonLove

I and my gf went together and we both had a discussion on the same thing about what was a bit off in the movie. I loved the movie still bcoz obviously gaga:ohwell: but i think allys character was a bit off or underdeveloped. She seemed to stop caring about jack after sometime. im sure im d only one who feels this way here. Halfway through the movie she had no idea what was going on in jacks life only after the grammys scene and rehab did she try to focus on him. OOOOOr it maybe just gagas acting:selena: i still loved the movie and loved gaga in it.:flutter:

How can anoyone not love gaga

1 hour ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Well... Have you seen those stupid trendy trap-rappers? :neyde: a new one would appear every week by doing literally nothing and they ruled the music industry for almost two years.

Perhaps for women it's harder, tho.

i get ya :selena:

Head Empty
11 hours ago, mindintransit said:

He's just pretentious. Country rock is more authentic than pop music? Really?

He doesn't say Pop is less authentic. He says singing about ass is shallow.

Just before her career took off he adviced her to dig deep into her soul, and determine what kind of artist she'd want to be. Next thing you know she's singing "why do you look so good in those jeans". It's not exactly the deep lyrical content he had come to expect of her.

And on top of that: is WDYDT even specifically about Jackson? Maybe he was so annoyed because he doesn't feel like those lyrics are about him. Especially because the lyrics she wrote about him in Shallow are so much more poetic.

Fresco

It kind of bothered me that she slept with him after the first concert after saying no to going so so many times.  He couldn't even keep conscious. And it seemed like she was expected to "sleep her way to the top." So, I would have liked a few more short clips of romantic preamble to the sex scene. Omg, did Jackson really have to die? No. Did she really have to cancel her tour? No, absolutely not. But it wouldn't be a drama without actual drama. :S

Diamonster

Okay I don't know if I'm wrong about this, but the way they fell in love was so fast it felt like a fanfiction that wanted to get to the sex too fast, like Bradley couldn't wait any longer to kiss Gaga, maybe I'm a prude or something but I'd have liked some more build up tbh, because after that it's like everything else happened too fast, with like, a lot of filler slow moments in between

Emigrante
1 hour ago, Sky Juil said:

It kind of bothered me that she slept with him after the first concert after saying no to going so so many times.  He couldn't even keep conscious. And it seemed like she was expected to "sleep her way to the top." So, I would have liked a few more short clips of romantic preamble to the sex scene. Omg, did Jackson really have to die? No. Did she really have to cancel her tour? No, absolutely not. But it wouldn't be a drama without actual drama. :S

I don't see anything wrong with that. Sleeping with someone that fast is not so wrong. At least to me. If she felt it, then go-ahead.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Mirrion Rizzons
On 4/16/2019 at 1:49 AM, Twitter said:

Hair Body Face

there was a rehearsal scene for choreo with HBF in the background if that counts:selena:

Archived