💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

LaLa
9 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I will add one minor thing is that during the bathtub scene there appears to be a large shower to left of Ally (or at least the tub can also be a shower?).  When she's in the tub and talks to the drag queens there is a curtain.  But when they take Jackson home after the Grammys she goes into what is presumably the smallest bathroom, with a door to the shower. Maybe it was just the closest to the door to the house.

So, I'll admit up front that I've spent quite a bit of time stalking the real estate listing for the house they used in the movie :ladyhaha: (I waaaaant it)

For the bathtub scene vs the Grammy scene, I think one is the master bath and one is the hall bath. You're probably right that she had them just go to the closest bathroom.

For the scene where she's in the tub with Ramon talking to the queens they're actually at a hotel, the  Chateau Marmont in LA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, LaLa said:

For the scene where she's in the tub with Ramon talking to the queens they're actually at a hotel, the  Chateau Marmont in LA

I knew this, just forgot.  I remember it being mentioned when the billboard appeared before the Oscars.

she/her/hers

Glamourpuss
35 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

She says it so quietly, it's hard to hear.  They're not showing her, but actually showing Jackson when she says it.

(I'm deliberately not reading a lot of things on this thread by the way.)

I will add one minor thing is that during the bathtub scene there appears to be a large shower to left of Ally (or at least the tub can also be a shower?).  When she's in the tub and talks to the drag queens there is a curtain.  But when they take Jackson home after the Grammys she goes into what is presumably the smallest bathroom, with a door to the shower. Maybe it was just the closest to the door to the house.

Did they go straight back home after the Grammy's? I assumed it was a hotel room.

I've only seen it once at the cinema though. 

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Did they go straight back home after the Grammy's? I assumed it was a hotel room.

I've only seen it once at the cinema though. 

It was their house I'm pretty sure.  As you see her dad and his friend bringing him down a hallway.

Once? Girl...we have to work on that. :ladyhaha:

she/her/hers

Shipper

Im actually waiting to watch ASIB again WITH English subtitles.

Jack's accent is incoherent to me in some scenes.  I just hear mumblings but then I look at those baby blues and im just... yes. 

mariah carey yes GIF

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

fede ARTPOP

The plot, the weak dialogues, specially Gagas,, the boring final scene (is just a Gaga performance/video) and the cheap artist Ally became. :selena:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

LaLa

I will say personally the only thing that has ever bothered me is when they're eating their first morning together, the table is filled with all kinds of breakfast foods: eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, fruit, oatmeal... and a plate of chicken and rice?! Just why :ladyhaha: Not even chicken and waffles, just... a plain ol' chicken breast :rip:

chicken.jpg

SharkmanthaC
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I will say personally the only thing that has ever bothered me is when they're eating their first morning together, the table is filled with all kinds of breakfast foods: eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, fruit, oatmeal... and a plate of chicken and rice?! Just why :ladyhaha: Not even chicken and waffles, just... a plain ol' chicken breast :rip:

chicken.jpg

Brunch? Running low on props? :ladyhaha:

Also, I’m in awe of those of you that see these small details. 

she/her/hers

2School4Cool

Honestly nothing bothers me in it, it’s one of the very few films that I find to be nearly perfect, not just as a Gaga fan, but just out of my love of the story, acting, direction, everything.

My only question is: When did they finish writing Shallow?

That confused me at first, although we don’t see all of their interactions from the night they met. Perhaps they completed the song in the parking lot and we just didn’t see it :shrug:

See The Best In Everyone

Schizophonic
13 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

Honestly nothing bothers me in it, it’s one of the very few films that I find to be nearly perfect, not just as a Gaga fan, but just out of my love of the story, acting, direction, everything.

My only question is: When did they finish writing Shallow?

That confused me at first, although we don’t see all of their interactions from the night they met. Perhaps they completed the song in the parking lot and we just didn’t see it :shrug:

there is a longer parking lot scene and when ally tells her friend about the last night, she mentioned that she sang then he sang then they sang together or something even in the normal film version.

raragaga

the fact that jackson finished writing shallow without ally's knowledge, yet she somehow knew the rest of the song when she went on stage.....

xoxo

2School4Cool
23 minutes ago, raragaga said:

the fact that jackson finished writing shallow without ally's knowledge, yet she somehow knew the rest of the song when she went on stage.....

I was just saying the same thing. I think they just finished writing the song offscreen, probably in the parking lot.

See The Best In Everyone

BlingNotTheMusic
6 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

"The bathroom scene has interesting acting"

LMAO! I hollered when I read this. Can you all elaborate on this?

I had some issues with the film, but the lack of diversity and no women was deliberate. Didn't Bradley or Gaga say that this is a look inside and inside of that world is still heavily White male dominated. I am Black but I don't believe in throwing a Black person somewhere just because it keeps the screamers at bay. It should make sense. If that world is White, why try to make it look like it is diverse? The important thing we should do is work on DIVERSIFYING the inside world. Not the make-believe world (film).

Another thing is her fight in the bar. If her temper was something further explored in the film, it would have fit. It's only literally used in that one scene to get them to the store. What happened to the temper? Just a pointless scene.  Love me some DaddyCoopz and Gagz, tho

It was like the way Gaga mocked Bradley and his relationship with his father. Not only was it in poor taste, but it just doesn't read well. I was really hoping this would be when Gaga would steal the scene but it just fizzled.

I feel she had an opportunity to to unleash anger from previous situations or relationships and it just came off corny. I think the first time I saw it, I actually giggled. 

LilyLark

I loved the film and I think it deserved all the accolades.

The few weakness were the pacing, the underdevelopment of Gaga's character, and the Grammy scene. It was just too much—he's literally falling down drunk and I don't buy at all that someone would just let him get up on stage. This isn't exactly MTV, but the Grammys. Didn't one of the previous versions have him start a fight backstage? I feel like that would have played out better. And I suspect the point of the film is there is a happy medium between Ally's pop and Jackson's destructive rock lifestyle—the extended version showed Ally having more agency and choosing outfits, etc. But her character is underdeveloped, so it's not really clear what the "message" about pop is supposed to be.

Archived