💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

gypsy101
2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

wow great summary! only difference would have been that it would have ended in 2017 since the movie was supposed to come out before June in 2018

oh yeah that's true, then subtract 1 year from all of my dates lol

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JLoveLamar
1 hour ago, PoggersFace said:

Wow, didn't notice that before! :wtfga:

Now I can't unnotice it anymore... :saladga:

That's called ADR. You pretty much record the whole film in the studio. It's for the parts the book mic could not pick up your dialogue, or you add dialogue to the film. I won't even tell y'all the other parts where it is. The meltdowns!! ;)

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

That's called ADR. You pretty much record the whole film in the studio. It's for the parts the book mic could not pick up your dialogue, or you add dialogue to the film. I won't even tell y'all the other parts where it is. The meltdowns!! ;)

it's absolutely terrible in some movies! Angels and Demons has the worst cutting between ADR and on set audio in the same sentence. The Office tv show has some standout ones too mid sentence

6 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

I wish the film had a bit more diversity, knowing what Gaga stands for and all. I know this is a controversial topic but it didn’t feel like David Chapelle's character or the drag queens contributed much to the story. It literally felt like they were added in just so the film can barely pass as being not all white and cis. They felt like token characters to me. The fact that they advertised David Chapelle’s character a lot in the trailers made it seem he would have a more pivotal role but I just didn’t get that character development I wanted from his character. :oops:

I see your point and agree it's very "white" but the way the story is set up is that there are 2 very main and prominent characters, and one important supporting character (who had to be white due to family). All the rest are minor. The movie is long as it is so to spend time developing another character would ruin the already poor pacing. What would you have done to solve this?

For me:

Screaming in the bathroom didn't feel right

The nose thing is cringey but it works and has it's charm I guess

Ally as her name. What kind of pop star is just named "Ally"

When she got mad at that guy who wanted a picture when they first went out. Her arguing was totally uncalled for.

Lack of women. LG was the only female character that spoke am I right?

Gaga's acting during the thank you speeches sounded exactly like Gaga. Cringe.

One last thing: None of the songs talk about any important issues/themes aside from love. These days people want issues tackled. It's probably why the movie itself didn't win any awards in major categories. They didn't emphasize the "addiction" theme enough. "Shallow" is obviously big and will go down as a classic, but it would have been nice if the theme song to the movie touched on addiction as well.

BlingNotTheMusic

People have said it before but Gaga's introduction w/ the screaming was far too much and cringey :huntyga: love her to bits but I wish they had chosen a different way to introduce her. 

The bathtub scene has interesting acting...

I really wish we had gotten the full Judy Garland song/scene when Ally is leaving work for the first time. 

Others have mentioned it but Ally's celeb impact seemed minimal tbh. I thought it would have scenes similar to 5F2 :ladyhaha:

Wedding scene seemed too short, as did her performances and would've liked to have seen/heard their joint performances instead of the montage. 

I was really looking forward to seeing Gaga command a scene but this is her first lead so I suppose AHS Hotel will have to suffice. I feel in some scenes, they chose questionable takes for her, especially with her being nominated for Best Actress...I don't know if it's because I'm a superfan and I'm hard on her. But some scenes with her just weren't believable. 

That's it, I'm done tearing it apart :ally:

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The nose thing is cringey but it works and has it's charm I guess

I actually REALLY love this scene and the music, I just wish they had slowed it down more or it was slightly longer. It feels like it ends too quickly 

Just now, Acsnpdx8 said:

I actually REALLY love this scene and the music, I just wish they had slowed it down more or it was slightly longer. It feels like it ends too quickly 

I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it because I agree it has it's charm and is very popular and meme-worthy.

JLoveLamar

"The bathroom scene has interesting acting"

LMAO! I hollered when I read this. Can you all elaborate on this?

I had some issues with the film, but the lack of diversity and no women was deliberate. Didn't Bradley or Gaga say that this is a look inside and inside of that world is still heavily White male dominated. I am Black but I don't believe in throwing a Black person somewhere just because it keeps the screamers at bay. It should make sense. If that world is White, why try to make it look like it is diverse? The important thing we should do is work on DIVERSIFYING the inside world. Not the make-believe world (film).

Another thing is her fight in the bar. If her temper was something further explored in the film, it would have fit. It's only literally used in that one scene to get them to the store. What happened to the temper? Just a pointless scene.  Love me some DaddyCoopz and Gagz, tho

Benji
45 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Another thing is her fight in the bar. If her temper was something further explored in the film, it would have fit. It's only literally used in that one scene to get them to the store. What happened to the temper? Just a pointless scene.  Love me some DaddyCoopz and Gagz, tho

They don’t really go into it, but Ally clearly has an underlying problem with alcohol. She’s a thirty year old woman living in her parent’s house in a childlike room still, she’s out at a late night bar comfortably keeping up with the consumption of an alcoholic, pill popper.  To me, she’s showing all the signs of someone who has an affliction with alcohol and is probably quite wrecked in that scene which explains why her emotions are more explosive than an average person’s :shrug:

Abigail

Okay so it’s always kinda made me question how ally was able to get “paint” out of her hair and then go to the bar with jackson?! Like did she have to shower, then blow dry her hair? Was Jackson waiting all this time?

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, Abigail said:

Okay so it’s always kinda made me question how ally was able to get “paint” out of her hair and then go to the bar with jackson?! Like did she have to shower, then blow dry her hair? Was Jackson waiting all this time?

I'm guessing she took her sweet time to freshen up like any girl would do, and hoped he'd get bored and leave. But then she was like...

lady gaga GIF

The only thing that bothered me was the fact Hair Body Face & Before I Cry never had a moment on the film. 

Before I Cry should’ve had it’s own performance after the Grammys scene. HBF rehearsal should’ve been shown.

The Child
9 hours ago, Alan123 said:

“Why Did You Do That?” Should have never been part of the movie. What a horrible song. 

The SNL performance was visually amazing! Ally looked so great too bad the dialogue with Jackson cut the performance in two.  

7 hours ago, Benji said:

The pacing of the wedding and the scenes before it... we literally jump from Jackson’s off on a bender to boom, him and Ally are married in what feels like minutes?  I feel like there was more needed here.

5 hours ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

I wish the wedding scene was longer 

This is fixed in the extended version. The wedding scene is way longer and is way better!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

SharkmanthaC

6 hours ago, babymonster said:

Wait, when did she say that? I've seen the movie four times but I have no recollection of it :cryga:

5 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

bgwlyd.jpg

She says it so quietly, it's hard to hear.  They're not showing her, but actually showing Jackson when she says it.

(I'm deliberately not reading a lot of things on this thread by the way.)

I will add one minor thing is that during the bathtub scene there appears to be a large shower to left of Ally (or at least the tub can also be a shower?).  When she's in the tub and talks to the drag queens there is a curtain.  But when they take Jackson home after the Grammys she goes into what is presumably the smallest bathroom, with a door to the shower. Maybe it was just the closest to the door to the house.

she/her/hers

Interlude

In Shallow when she begins to sing "Off of the deep end watch as I dive in" her facial expression and body language doesn't really match to me. Kind of same for the SNL performance but I'm sure that's kind of intentional.

Halsey was a poor choice to me but it adds a bit of realism.

As much as I love the RPDR queens they change the tone of the beginning for me cause they're just being themselves and not really changing it up for the movie.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Archived