💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

Head Empty
28 minutes ago, r0adtolove said:

Right, but then why did she act so annoyed/scared the next day to have to go sing it. Like girl what did you expect if you wrote an entire song with a celebrity all night. he's gonna want to sing it. Lol

That's not how writing music works 99,99% of the time though :laughga:. Most music takes ages to actually reach the stage after being written.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
6 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

On Shallow, Jackson keeps "playing" the guitar at the beginning of the last chorus...

They hadn't rehearsed the song before. It wasn't meant to be perfect. :saladga:

Jackson just arranged a song with his own instrumentation based on Ally's melody. She hadn't even heard his version before. 

That's why in the bridge she's confused and asks him what to do. Then she listens for the chords and belts out the AHAAHHHHH like a true musician making it up on the spot :kara:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
6 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

For example, on ARUTW, they used different takes for Ally and Jack, so when you get to see Jack, Ally's hairstyle is different in the giant screen behind him :saladga: and it changes between takes.

Maybe angles? Her hair color looks lighter on screen too but that's because of how the screen is. Lighting conditions. :poot:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Head Empty

The only thing that really bothered me during my first viewing, was that Jackson actually managed to even get near the stage during the Grammys, let alone on it for a longer period of time. The production team and/or security would've seen the state he was in, and would either cut her speech short or remove him from the situation entirely.

Summer Boy

That we didn't get a re release for the soundtrack with Clover. :(

Besides that the era was perfect. :applause:

Head Empty
4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Maybe angles? Her hair color looks lighter on screen too but that's because of how the screen is. Lighting conditions. :poot:

Nah you can actually see that her forehead is mostly clear of hair during the direct camera shots, yet her bangs are all over the place when you see her through the big screen behind the stage.

LaLa
55 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

Jack writing a song that's clearly about him dying "I wanna pretend that it's not true oh baby that you're gone" that is basically saying that ally is not allowed to ever love anyone else or fin anyone else to be happy with 😂 makes it seem kinda twisted when you think of it like. Although you could just imagine her writing in those bits (sort of) 

Jack didn't write the whole song, Ally added to it after he died as a tribute. We can see in the paper she brings to rehab the parts that he wrote himself

INLA.jpg

Dominic

How Ally and Jack performed Shallow perfectly without ever rehearsing or even knowing the full song. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

gypsy101
5 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

That one weird nose sound on INLA (at least on the soundtrack :poot:

it's a guitar

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, Dominic said:

How Ally and Jack performed Shallow perfectly without ever rehearsing or even knowing the full song. 

The "sha-la-la-llow" part was actually sang by Ally in the parking lot, showed in the extended version. So... 

But yeah, it was too good to be just an improvised performance.

PG.

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, PlastiscGuy said:

it was too good to be just an improvised performance.

Gaga's power :firega:

gypsy101
5 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

do we know how long the time period was? I was guessing a year but I don't really know. I think they used the dog getting bigger as one of the visuals to show the passage of time

i once figured out the time covered in the film, the beginning scene was filmed at Coachella though idk if it took place there in terms of the story, that's in April (let's hypothetically say 2015). the tour goes to Glastonbury (which is June) and the end is at the following Coachella (so April of 2016). I hypothesized that the whole album recording / single release and then album release must have been about a year simply because of the time it takes to do that stuff, and then she would have performed at the season finale of SNL in May of 2017. the grammy noms for that year were announced in December, the Grammys would have been in February of 2018. Jackson would have then been in rehab til about April and so adding a few weeks on before his death / end of the tour would have been probably around June 2018. so from the beginning to the end it's about 3 years (i believe)

Jadeykins
11 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Jack didn't write the whole song, Ally added to it after he died as a tribute. We can see in the paper she brings to rehab the parts that he wrote himself

INLA.jpg

Hooray now the song isn't ruined!!! :hug:

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

i once figured out the time covered in the film, the beginning scene was filmed at Coachella though idk if it took place there in terms of the story, that's in April (let's hypothetically say 2015). the tour goes to Glastonbury (which is June) and the end is at the following Coachella (so April of 2016). I hypothesized that the whole album recording / single release and then album release must have been about a year simply because of the time it takes to do that stuff, and then she would have performed at the season finale of SNL in May of 2017. the grammy noms for that year were announced in December, the Grammys would have been in February of 2018. Jackson would have then been in rehab til about April and so adding a few weeks on before his death / end of the tour would have been probably around June 2018. so from the beginning to the end it's about 3 years (i believe)

wow great summary! only difference would have been that it would have ended in 2017 since the movie was supposed to come out before June in 2018

gypsy101
3 hours ago, r0adtolove said:

The only thing is that it's weird how they came up with the chorus (well Ally did, whatever) and she did the verse before that about Jackson in the gas station parking lot, and then the next night they sang the entire song, and knew exactly when to come in to go Shalalalalalow, his verse, when she started, her AHHHH part, etc. Like it's hard to believe that after their little date, they went somewhere and composed an entire song and wrote lyrics, and then she still acted surprised/shocked/annoyed when he tried to get her to go to a show and then acted surprised to sing it. Like girl, apparently y'all wrote the whole thing last night anyways. And if they hypothetically didn't write it the night before, then how the he11 did she know how to sing the entire thing with him.

it's pretty obvious they worked out the rest of the song while they were hanging out, they just didn't show us all that

Archived