💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

Benji

The pacing of the wedding and the scenes before it... we literally jump from Jackson’s off on a bender to boom, him and Ally are married in what feels like minutes?  I feel like there was more needed here.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 hour ago, ARTBOP said:

The scene in the car when Jack first drops her off at her dad’s, right before the “just wanted to take another look at you” scene. Jack asks her what the cars are for, “Is he a sheik?” - they dubbed her answer when she says “No, he’s a driver”. I don’t know why this just jumps at me every time I see it, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it.

I found that scene cheesy tbh

C1trus

I can't feel Ally's transition to "stardom" based from the progression:interestinga:

And her acting with the orange wig feels insincere (maybe an indication of how music industry change your personality idk) .

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Benji
3 hours ago, Jenina said:

It bothered me how all the drag queens when they called Ally later on in the movie were wearing the exact same clothes as they were in the beginning of the movie. I know drag queens reuse their outfits but it kinda looks lazy or they didn't have enough time to let them change outfits and film again.

I think it was just an oversight.  The original casting call for the drag rolls were female illusions of icons (including Marilyn and Streisand) so I imagine it was suppose to be implied that they were in a show with the same pieces to perform.

aaron l

That they used the cop bar "I don't sing my own songs" for ALL promo when it's imo her weakest acting spot. :giveup:

monsieurRed
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

The Vows dialogue that comes before Is That Alright on the soundtrack. It makes me cringe so hard. 

The cake smushing scene. It made me feel so uncomfortable how Ally turns it into foreplay because Jackson was clearly being an asshole. 

Yeah that cake smashing bit was the one part my boyfriend didn’t like. He was like Jack sucks. Why is she about f*ck him when he’s being such a jerk especially at this party. 

🧚‍♀️

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I found the bathtub scene a tad under the rest of the movie in term of acting. That's the only small downside I see. :) 

Respectfully disagree. The bathtub scene is one of the defining moments of the movie, exposing the insecurities on both sides. 

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, Serial Chiller said:

When she screamed in the bathroom it was cringey :selena:

I didn't care for this scene.  What does it add to the movie? Is this the best way they could have introduced her?

she/her/hers

highlikegaga

the FACT that we never got to know whatever happened to Ally's MOM

i'm surprised no one mentioned it. 

Oriane

The pacing and editing as a whole. There's clearly something lacking, it just feels like the scenes are pasted one after the other. It's particularly striking in the montage scenes, when Ally sings with Jackson, these scenes don't add anything and it's poorly edited. And in the end, where they show flashbacks while Ally is singing... The movie just became a cheap soap opera all of a sudden. A sequence shot for the whole song would have been cool.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

VOLANTIS
2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

the FACT that we never got to know whatever happened to Ally's MOM

i'm surprised no one mentioned it. 

She left them. Ally says she doesn't know where she is when she's getting proposed. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

JustTea

- In theater the first crowd noise/music was so F*KCING LOUD I almost passed out. :wtfga: I was afraid that the whole movie was gonna be that loud... :laughga:

- La Vie En Rose last cut was VERY clumsy weird it bothered me a lot (at 2:40):

- Nose-touching scene had one cut that was a bit clumsy (her eyes):

My_Nightmares.gif

- WDYDT lipsynch was too obvious in some parts it made me cringe a bit. :awkney:

- Also Shallow bridge looked fake to me, voice did not match her lips at all, somehow it was clearly off:

11.gif?resize=500,206 :oprah:

AJRocketMan

Jackson’s character. That guy is such a f*cking asshole, he almost ruined the movie for me. I did feel bad for him when her manager talked badly to him at the end but he honestly deserved it. He ruined Ally’s moment at the Grammy’s. I don’t care how “troubled” he is, he had a bitter personality and he was pretentious.

The movie’s treatment of rock music as the most authentic and artistic genre of music. The idea of rock music being the go-to genre for political commentary and singer-songwriter type music has long lost cultural relevance. Pop music isn’t anymore fake than rock music is. Both can be sleazy and one dimensional.

LordEnigma

The pacing at times it drags. There’s also a few cliches in their dialogue but otherwise I love it.

Also, I know the outfits Ally wears when she gets famous are supposed to represent her becoming mainstream or whatever but damn, they could have chosen better outfits :laughga:

I also wish they would have shown positives on pop music - like not all pop music is shallow.mp3

JustTea
2 hours ago, ARTBOP said:

The scene in the car when Jack first drops her off at her dad’s, right before the “just wanted to take another look at you” scene. Jack asks her what the cars are for, “Is he a sheik?” - they dubbed her answer when she says “No, he’s a driver”. I don’t know why this just jumps at me every time I see it, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it.

Wow, didn't notice that before! :wtfga:

Now I can't unnotice it anymore... :saladga:

Archived