💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

gumzy3000

I wish the film had a bit more diversity, knowing what Gaga stands for and all. I know this is a controversial topic but it didn’t feel like David Chapelle's character or the drag queens contributed much to the story. It literally felt like they were added in just so the film can barely pass as being not all white and cis. They felt like token characters to me. The fact that they advertised David Chapelle’s character a lot in the trailers made it seem he would have a more pivotal role but I just didn’t get that character development I wanted from his character. :oops:

trolly troll troll

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon

I found the "argument in the bathtub" scene a tad under the rest of the movie in term of acting. That's the only small downside I see. :) 

I feel like they say all the time Ally is super famous but it never really feels like that, it feels like she posted a video on YouTube, her video got some views, a week later she dropped an album and then next week got a Grammy 

TheSlash

Ally's Grammys dress :green: .

Also the lighting of the Shallow performance. When we first see her performing it, it is pretty dark - both in the audience and on stage. But when you see these old guys watching a video of it, it looks like the middle of the day :poot: 

Ew, David!

LaLa
10 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

And the thing that bothered me the most was the montage where they go touring felt a bit off in the edit when it transitions between songs then suddenly ends

I found the touring montage was one of the things that benefited the most from the ASIB: Encore edit. It felt much better paced and like a better representation of how much time was supposed to be passing

Defmix100
18 minutes ago, Red said:

I feel like they say all the time Ally is super famous but it never really feels like that, it feels like she posted a video on YouTube, her video got some views, a week later she dropped an album and then next week got a Grammy 

do we know how long the time period was? I was guessing a year but I don't really know. I think they used the dog getting bigger as one of the visuals to show the passage of time

Ethan
31 minutes ago, Red said:

The movie time skips, it’s not really a week. It’s more like months. It’s probably a year to a year and a half by the end of the film.  The movie is shown in an unconventional way almost of story telling, almost like every scene is a specific memory ally remembers. It’s more of a memory-scrapbook collage of scenes in its storytelling rather than a conventional linear third person point of view. 

17 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

do we know how long the time period was? I was guessing a year but I don't really know. I think they used the dog getting bigger as one of the visuals to show the passage of time

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The movie time skips, it’s not really a week. It’s more like months. It’s probably a year to a year and a half by the end of the film.  The movie is shown in an unconventional way almost of story telling, almost like every scene is a specific memory ally remembers. It’s more of a memory-scrapbook collage of scenes in its storytelling rather than a conventional linear third person point of view. 

I know it's several months, my point is that Ally's fame feels very sudden and meteoric, also at the same time it feels like she is not famous at all cause she never meets a fan, or goes to an interview, we don't know how much she sold, we know that she went viral and won a Grammy, das it. 

Antoni
1 hour ago, Woohoo said:

that there's no interview scene / interaction with fans / scene where she's producing an instrumental with some cameos of her producers

Wow, I never thought about this. Considering this is about a rise to stardom, I'd love to see what it's like behind the scenes before and after an artist's first big interview and the first time they can't  leave their hotel because fans are surrounding it lol 

My name isn't Timmers

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Woohoo said:

that there's no interview scene / interaction with fans / scene where she's producing an instrumental with some cameos of her producers

I thought that was a good thing though. Even though the movie is called A Star is Born and is about the rise of a star, I liked how the focus was on the relationship and not the fame and everything else that makes a star because she wasn't truly a star until the song at the end. Not only that but it would have taken away the magic of fame and becoming a star if we saw all the tedious behind the scenes stuff. I feel that it would have been irrelevant to the story overall. 

Anderson123

“Why Did You Do That?” Should have never been part of the movie. What a horrible song. 

29 minutes ago, Ethan said:

This is it. I’ve always felt that this was very intentional. When you’re in love/experiencing the heights and depths of a relationship, time feels secondary. We have NO real concept of how much time elapsed between them meeting and the ending, but it doesn’t matter — just their love does.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

I’ve always disliked Ally’s character. I felt she was unreasonable a lot of the time (e.g. making fun of Jack’s father’s alcoholism and death but then getting offended that he called her ugly in the bathtub scene — and then not apologising after Jack apologises). Not really a fault of the movie as good characters have flaws but I don’t really see anyone express this opinion. :selena:

I also thought Dave’s part leaned on the ‘magical negro’ trope a tad too much but any character outside of Ally and Jack were so inconsequential that the same thing could be said about any side characters.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived