Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ASIB things that bothered you?

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

ARTBOP

The scene in the car when Jack first drops her off at her dad’s, right before the “just wanted to take another look at you” scene. Jack asks her what the cars are for, “Is he a sheik?” - they dubbed her answer when she says “No, he’s a driver”. I don’t know why this just jumps at me every time I see it, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, also how Jackson is a very elaborated character and Ally is not elaborated at all, we know almost everything that happened in Jack’s life but we don’t even know  Ally’s née name. Literally all we know about Ally is that she’s 30, her father drives limos and a guy wanted to marry her

Serial Chiller

When she screamed in the bathroom it was cringey :selena:

Also her overreaction to being called out for coming to work late. :poot: Like gurl do u expect your boss to be “excuse me m’am I think your shift started 30 mins ago” imo the boss should have said something really rude to incur that kind of reaction.

androiduser

character development.... Ally was a real person in the first half, and then in the second half it all just becomes a series of small sequences... no explanation why she "sold out", how he felt about it etc

PlastiscGuy
52 minutes ago, ARTBOP said:

The scene in the car when Jack first drops her off at her dad’s, right before the “just wanted to take another look at you” scene. Jack asks her what the cars are for, “Is he a sheik?” - they dubbed her answer when she says “No, he’s a driver”. I don’t know why this just jumps at me every time I see it, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it.

Omg you're right :air: it sounds so weird

PG.

32 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

When she screamed in the bathroom it was cringey :selena:

Also her overreaction to being called out for coming to work late. :poot: Like gurl do u expect your boss to be “excuse me m’am I think your shift started 30 mins ago” imo the boss should have said something really rude to incur that kind of reaction.

You remind me of the ASIB’s Honest Trailer, “Meet Ally, a woman burdened with a job that expects her to meet her requirements”, lol

55 minutes ago, Red said:

we don’t even know  Ally’s née name. 

That’s the point. Jack says at the beginning that when you’re a star people refer to you by your first and last name. A star isn’t born until the very last moment where ‘Ally’ becomes ‘Ally Maine’.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

thefamefatale

The only thing is that it's weird how they came up with the chorus (well Ally did, whatever) and she did the verse before that about Jackson in the gas station parking lot, and then the next night they sang the entire song, and knew exactly when to come in to go Shalalalalalow, his verse, when she started, her AHHHH part, etc. Like it's hard to believe that after their little date, they went somewhere and composed an entire song and wrote lyrics, and then she still acted surprised/shocked/annoyed when he tried to get her to go to a show and then acted surprised to sing it. Like girl, apparently y'all wrote the whole thing last night anyways. And if they hypothetically didn't write it the night before, then how the he11 did she know how to sing the entire thing with him.

don't be a drag

Miel

There was one particular bit that really bothered my friends and I, that was actually fixed in the Encore airing of the film.

Basically, nobody believed that Jackson and Ally could come up and improvise with the majority of Shallow after that small sequence in the parking lot. All of us would wonder how they even came up with the post-chorus ("in the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-low") on the spot, and would speculate that maybe they spent more time together after, or that it was an editing oversight, etc.

In the extended cut, though, the scene of Ally singing her ideas actually included the post-chorus. It made so much more sense! I'm honestly still flummoxed as to how they couldn't keep that extra 10 seconds.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
1 minute ago, r0adtolove said:

The only thing is that it's weird how they came up with the chorus (well Ally did, whatever) and she did the verse before that about Jackson in the gas station parking lot, and then the next night they sang the entire song, and knew exactly when to come in to go Shalalalalalow, his verse, when she started, her AHHHH part, etc. Like it's hard to believe that after their little date, they went somewhere and composed an entire song and wrote lyrics, and then she still acted surprised/shocked/annoyed when he tried to get her to go to a show and then acted surprised to sing it. Like girl, apparently y'all wrote the whole thing last night anyways. And if they hypothetically didn't write it the night before, then how the he11 did she know how to sing the entire thing with him.

omg we literally posted at the same time dkfjsldkjflflksdjflksdjfjsf our minds

But yeah, it just felt really unrealistic. I know a lot of the film's tone regarding Ally's character implies that she's kind of a musical genius or whatever, but this felt a little too much of a stretch. The additional footage in the extended cut of her also singing the post-chorus really fleshes and flexes that a little bit more, and makes the improvised bridge ("aaAAHSJADJLJLDFF-AAAGGGHHH") so much more impressive, instead of unrealistic.

3 points in and ready for more

thefamefatale
Just now, Miel said:

omg we literally posted at the same time dkfjsldkjflflksdjflksdjfjsf our minds

But yeah, it just felt really unrealistic. I know a lot of the film's tone regarding Ally's character implies that she's kind of a musical genius or whatever, but this felt a little too much of a stretch. The additional footage in the extended cut of her also singing the post-chorus really fleshes and flexes that a little bit more, and makes the improvised bridge ("aaAAHSJADJLJLDFF-AAAGGGHHH") so much more impressive, instead of unrealistic.

I don't have the DVD so I've never seen any of the extended footage :messga: but yes, it is kind of unrealistic. Even some sites that talk about like "mistakes" in the movie talk about this specifically. But it's okay, I like to just pretend to myself that they wrote it after the date for fun and then she shockingly had to go perform it the next day. :ally:

don't be a drag

6 minutes ago, gag said:

That’s the point. Jack says at the beginning that when you’re a star people refer to you by your first and last name. A star isn’t born until the very last moment where ‘Ally’ becomes ‘Ally Maine’.

Bullshit, she’s just underdeveloped af, accept it :neyde:

Head Empty
5 minutes ago, r0adtolove said:

Well they literally spent the entire night together, since the sun has come up when he drops her off at her house. And she says to her friend that they spent the whole night talking about music and stuff. So it's pretty much implied that they wrote the full song together - although I agree that it's not completely clear.

Glamourpuss
7 minutes ago, gag said:

I get the point of it but that's some crappy dialogue. Everyone knows you're a star if you're known by only one name such as Madonna or Cher. 

Economy
3 hours ago, Jenina said:

It bothered me how all the drag queens when they called Ally later on in the movie were wearing the exact same clothes as they were in the beginning of the movie. I know drag queens reuse their outfits but it kinda looks lazy or they didn't have enough time to let them change outfits and film again.

Probably a way to save on budget :poot:

Archived