Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do earpieces work? (Nicki X Arichella related)

Lighter

Featured Posts

With modern in-ears, sound guys are basically creating a live mix for the performer with vocals, instrumentals, drastically lowered crowd noise and other audio input the audience doesn't hear like click tracks, stage directions. 

5 minutes ago, Lighter said:

This is what artists need for their show in that case, near speakers for their own in case an earpiece malfunction

Ariana probably had stage monitors on the main portion of the stage for her dancers. Every major 20th century performer used wedge speakers at their feet, you probably know what monitors look like without knowing their purpose. That's how Jackson Maine could hear himself in ASIB.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
1 hour ago, Lighter said:

Can artists not hear with the speakers? Or is there anything I don’t know about sorry

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ryusei

They can also receive like „commands/timing“ via the ear pieces. Somehow people at taylor swift‘s 1989 tokyo dome concerts caught and recorded the frequency and therefore got a near-flawless recording of her mic-feed and whatever was being fed into her ear piece. So sometimes when it was just quiet for a long time there would be a voice going „3, 2, 1“ to tell her when to continue. I always asked myself how artists know when to start singing again and stuff like that

Musery

crisTEAne
55 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

They can also receive like „commands/timing“ via the ear pieces. Somehow people at taylor swift‘s 1989 tokyo dome concerts caught and recorded the frequency and therefore got a near-flawless recording of her mic-feed and whatever was being fed into her ear piece. So sometimes when it was just quiet for a long time there would be a voice going „3, 2, 1“ to tell her when to continue. I always asked myself how artists know when to start singing again and stuff like that

do you have a link, please?

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archie
2 minutes ago, T E A said:

sent you over a dm :vegas:

I lost five kilos 'cause of heartache Now I'm skinny

Ryusei
10 minutes ago, T E A said:

7 minutes ago, Artx said:

same also exists for rep tour. :vegas: 

Musery

Archie
26 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

haven't heard about those :shocked:

JazzGa

I think that the vocals and playback/live instruments that the audience hears are on a very slight delay from the real acoustic sound, because the sound has to travel through the speakers and such.  You need to sing in time with the live band in order to get the timing right, but you can't hear that live band over the speakers. The earpiece plays the backing track/live band to the singer without the delay, if my understanding is correct.

Dunno about hearing "yourself" though. I don't know if the earpieces help with that. Well-seasoned live performers should be familiar enough with their voice and the songs to be able to carry the tune without hearing themselves

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

LaLa

Gaga talked a little bit about her earpieces once on Howard Stern, starts around 8:20ish

Bradley
3 hours ago, Lighter said:

This is what artists need for their show in that case, near speakers for their own in case an earpiece malfunction

How? The speakers are usually high up there, some on the sides, you can't possibly place a speaker in the middle of the stage where the singer stands.

Archie
30 minutes ago, Bradley said:

How? The speakers are usually high up there, some on the sides, you can't possibly place a speaker in the middle of the stage where the singer stands.

these speakers for singers are not those standards speakers. they're using those small speakers on the stage facing the singer. like here

300px-Vera_Project_12.jpg

Joshie S

I'm pretty certain they didn't play up for Nicki. She could hear. (they MAY have been playing up)

But I think that Arianna just couldn't really hear Nicki in hers.

When it came to the rap part, Nicki sort of looked at Ari and was like you know this part? Expecting Arianna to be able to rap it out, but when Ari failed to hear properly and understand what was going on, she messed a lot of it up and then it slightly put Nicki off (which is why people were saying it may have been delayed) but she was trying to catch up and THEN Ari came in again and like couldn't get the rap right, Nicki looked over at Ari and smiled and tried to continue but in true Nicki fashion she just also skips words on purpose in a lot of live shows lol..

They were probably also high/drunk. 

It's just a show lol idk why people are so against Nicki she's just having fun

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Bradley
1 hour ago, Artx said:

these speakers for singers are not those standards speakers. they're using those small speakers on the stage facing the singer. like here

300px-Vera_Project_12.jpg

I feel like they can easily be overwhelmed by the rest of the sounds, I dk I haven't really tried that before I'm not a performer but that's just my guess.

Archie
29 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I feel like they can easily be overwhelmed by the rest of the sounds, I dk I haven't really tried that before I'm not a performer but that's just my guess.

they're enough when they're set properly before the show and are better than having nothing. it's literally everything you get on a stage when performing in a small venue like some local bar that can't afford to equip you with in-ears and you don't have your own. plus those monitor speakers are actually used by most of the band members like guitarists and often used as back up in case of in-ear fail

crisTEAne
4 hours ago, Artx said:

4 hours ago, Ryusei said:

thank you guys so much. you are both very kind!

31-cmbyn-handshake.nocrop.w710.h21474836

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived