💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Suprise album right away? (no single before?)

Schizophonic

Featured Posts

Schizophonic

so now gaga has the attention of the whole world...

if she releases an album right now, right away - it would very most likely go right to number one, right?

if she releases a single before - that is might not liked by everyone - she would propably not go to album #1, right?

so wouldnt it at this point make more sense to give the album out right away before she could possibly turn off some gp that expected something else?

opinions please...

"not gonna happen" "delulu" and so on you dont have to post.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

Hmmm… possibly. Although there would have to be an extensive promo campaign so people actually know the album is out. I doubt it though

the artist formerly known as melancholia

AndiGaga

Sounds good and makes kinda sense.

But i dont think it will happen that way.

Single in May

Album in September

androiduser

sure, but without the single she might freefall after the first week at #1.... everyone who is interested buys the album right away, and then what? nothing to keep it going.

I think this fanbase is obsessed with surprise releases, because if gives them hope that everything is just around the corner,  when it's not.

Modern Ecstacy

Yes, this is a very important time for Gaga's career. The ASIB momentum is very strong. 

However, so many factors matter for the success of the single if she were to release it: Spotify playlist, Radio play, promo, if it's GP friendly, etc. etc.

Plus Taylor Swift is about to release so I'm not sure how a single at this time would play out.

dynamite

Nooo I want a single. I want an introduction to the album. Something that everyone can focus on at the same time. Releasing the album without warning and everyone has the full thing all at once and there's no build up or anything. Ease into the new era :trollga:

ArtGagaPop

Nah she should have 2 singles before the album release, it's much harder to make sucessful singles post album release now in the streaming age. 

PlastiscGuy

I'm not sure, I mean... it technically would work out well, but once the album is released, I'm not sure if the singles will be "successful" as they would be if they were released before the album, as "tease".

But again, we're talking aboot Gaga and her team :huntyga: anything goes!  

PG.

Harry

It's hard to imagine her not getting #1 album either way

I'd rather a single before though

BleepBloop
12 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

Sounds good and makes kinda sense.

But i dont think it will happen that way.

Single in May

Album in September

Omg some of ya'll just can't let go of them Q3/4 releases, can you?:lana:

AndiGaga
11 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Omg some of ya'll just can't let go of them Q3/4 releases, can you?:lana:

Right 😂

Inferno

I know Beyonce did a surprise release and everyone acted like it was some monumental new strategy to release an album. But to be totally honest, she was not the first, shes just the most prominent top 40 superstar to do so and quite honestly, such a marketing tactic wouldn't work for everyone and I don't think it would work for Gaga. And to top it off, since everyone in the modern world associates such a release tactic to Beyonce, it makes it immediately just kind of desperate for anyone else to do it. Its not something that works just imo. It just worked for her because shes Beyonce and she could quite literally sh*t out a record and people will then hail that as a new release method.

All of that being said, I really wish people within every single fanbase (not just this one) would stop with the whole surprise release thing. It never happens. It wont happen. Why would you want it to happen. It doesn't make any sense to me. All I ask is we don't have 4 months between lead single and album release.

Economy
21 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

Yes, this is a very important time for Gaga's career. The ASIB momentum is very strong. 

However, so many factors matter for the success of the single if she were to release it: Spotify playlist, Radio play, promo, if it's GP friendly, etc. etc.

Plus Taylor Swift is about to release so I'm not sure how a single at this time would play out.

Taylor Swift has a different audience. She is not a direct competitor

Her single would be just another single that's released among others for Gaga to compete with. 

It's not Taylor that's gonna determine whether or not Gaga's single is successful

Makes sense for me. Especially because she said she wants her album to be a surprise. So a single would ruin a surprise :ohwell:

Economy
Just now, Inferno said:

I know Beyonce did a surprise release and everyone acted like it was some monumental new "thing". But to be totally honest, she was not the first, shes just the most prominent top 40 superstar to do so and quite honestly, such a marketing tactic wouldn't work for everyone and I don't think it would work for Gaga. And to top it off, since everyone in the modern world associates such a release tactic to Beyonce, it makes it immediately just kind of desperate for anyone else to do it. Its not something that works just imo. It just worked for her because shes Beyonce and she could quite literally sh*t out a record and people will then hail that as a new release method.

I don't think it would work out very well for Gaga either

I still think the standard way of releasing 1 or 2 singles before the album is best for Gaga

Surprise album releases are fine for a few artist but only the select few artists where their dynamics fits them to do so

Big fan bases and hype is one thing that's needed for a surprise release to work well that Gaga has

But another important factor is to be big with streaming which Gaga is only starting to catch up with now

Gaga still gets a lot of boost from radio singles which makes the innitial hit single to create hype important for her

Archived