Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Haus Beauty Optimism

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Gaga never does what others expect her to do, or what others are already doing. And for that reason, I think we should be a little more optimistic about the potential success of Haus Beauty. 

I've noticed a lot of worry that Haus Beauty may be unable to match the likes of Fenty and Kylie Jenner's brand. There is no way however that Gaga is going to release products that are in line with these. Why? Because A) they already exist, and B) it would be commercial suicide. No singer could release a brand big enough to 'compete' with Fenty - and we know that Gaga likes to be #1 in whatever she does. 

From this, I think it's likely that Haus Beauty is going to cater for a completely different market... not young women, but, alternatively, LGBT people. A make-up / beauty brand aimed at those who want a more theatrical, expressive look. Makeup that isn't conventionally 'beautiful'. 

There's a few indicators that this is the case:

- Gaga wouldn't release a beauty line that copies any unbeatable brand. 

- We know that Gaga is headlining this year's Met Gala with the theme of 'Camp Couture'. There are rumours that Haus Beauty will be launched on this date, reaffirming the idea that the line may be more flamboyant than other brands. 

- Gaga is known for her extravagant looks. And with speculation that 'CrazyGa' may be returning for LG6... now would be the perfect time to make that persona more accessible to the public and her fans. 

- Gaga's brand is the antithesis to 'beauty norms'. It would feel extremely off-brand for her to release a conventional makeup line. More than off-brand... it would feel totally inauthentic. 

What do you guys think? Personally, I think Haus Beauty could be a great move. If she really transforms popular beauty trends, then I'm all for it. There is no leading brand in the LGBT beauty market - and I'd be happy for Gaga to fill that gap. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk

I've learned to never doubt her. Mama will give Kylie Jenner a run for money

371968D600000578-3734194-Cut_it_out_Zach

LadariousGarage

Honestly it would be a good marketing move for her to cater to us gays for haus beauty, becayse you are right there is no brand that caters for the Lgbtq+  community

and all of her fans are gay soooo she gonna sell well if she does

But straight people might be pissed of tho

but who gives any F*ckes about them

Lets do it baby I know the Law

LadariousGarage
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

I've learned to never doubt her. Mama will give Kylie Jenner a run for money

371968D600000578-3734194-Cut_it_out_Zach

where the hell did you get that photo

Lets do it baby I know the Law

edengowon

I really hope you're right, I'd hate for her to release a women's makeup range since about a majority of her fans are gay/bi men 

I could also see (possibly) kits that you can use to make looks similar to hers? (multiple colours for an 'Applause' kit, reds and greys for a BTW kit, more neutral pastel colours for a Joanne kit, the equipment to create the Judas makeup)

the artist formerly known as melancholia

awhite20
8 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

and all of her fans are gay soooo she gonna sell well if she does

But not all gays wear makeup so let’s not make sale assumptions based on that logic 😂 I have no intention of buying the makeup but I hope it sells well for her 

edengowon
1 minute ago, awhite20 said:

But not all gays wear makeup so let’s not make sale assumptions based on that logic 😂 I have no intention of buying the makeup but I hope it sells well for her 

If it's theatrical/stage makeup it'll sell better than ordinary makeup. Think more of a face paint set than makeup?

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

If it's theatrical/stage makeup it'll sell better than ordinary makeup. Think more of a face paint set than makeup?

So theatrical makeup will sell better than every day makeup? I don’t think so.

I don’t think that will make it more “gay” friendly

edengowon
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

So theatrical makeup will sell better than every day makeup? I don’t think so.

I don’t think that will make it more “gay” friendly

Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant brighter colours, more extravagant makeup and more creative than usual makeup will appeal more to her fans imo. I'm sure many Gaga fans would rather she released that than everyday makeup :interestinga:

Schwerk

I kind of have a feeling it won't be makeup, but skincare. 

I feel it's more a money move than a passion project, but who am I to judge?

For me the positives are that if this is not a passion project for her, it probably is for her skin therapist Joomee and or her makeup artist Sarah Tanno. Gaga is a teamplayer and very loyal so I totally see her friends/teams dreams become her own so she can help them build something big.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

LordEnigma
8 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant brighter colours, more extravagant makeup and more creative than usual makeup will appeal more to her fans imo. I'm sure many Gaga fans would rather she released that than everyday makeup :interestinga:

Well if she went the Fenty route, I wouldn’t be mad.

ChromeAngel

I still don’t believe it’s happening. Do we have solid confirmation or just rumors? I support everything she does and I’m sure she has a legit vision for it if she does indeed make it a thing. But still not the path I would go  :madge:

FATCAT

She's just selling fillers, courtesy of Epione! (Syringe sold separately)

Purr more, hiss less.

NewUsername
10 minutes ago, Marjol said:

I kind of have a feeling it won't be makeup, but skincare. 

I feel it's more a money move than a passion project, but who am I to judge?

For me the positives are that if this is not a passion project for her, it probably is for her skin therapist Joomee and or her makeup artist Sarah Tanno. Gaga is a teamplayer and very loyal so I totally see her friends/teams dreams become her own so she can help them build something big.

I think so too/hope so. If it's skincare and if they are good products, I might buy them. If it's make-up, most probably not.

20 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

nyeah, I don't really see a big market for that imo

Archived