💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga Reached Her Peak With The GP?

Cody James

Featured Posts

Cody James

My boyfriend of 4 years, who likes Gaga (not as much as myself though) has stated that she may release good music, but she won’t be as beloved by the GP like her The Fame Monster era... It honestly pissed me off to make these assumptions. I think there is a greater shot for her to achieve this after ASIB’s success. What do you think? 

Harry

This fanbase obsesses way too much over "peaks" imo. Some would argue that she achieved a different kind of peak with ASIB. Gaga, like many talented artists before her, will continue to have career highs and lows in the different areas of her ever expansive career. If there's anything she has proven over the past few years, it's that the "over" kind of discussions are pointless. She will always prove herself with her talent and do well in the end.

Just now, Harry said:

This fanbase obsesses way too much over "peaks" imo. Some would argue that she achieved a different kind of peak with ASIB. Gaga, like many talented artists before her, will continue to have career highs and lows in the different areas of her ever expansive career. If there's anything she has proven over the past few years, it's that the "over" kind of discussions are pointless. She will always prove herself with her talent and do well in the end.

THIS @Cody James

BrickMonster

She's reached a lot of different "peaks" with different groups/sectors/fan bases. Some (I bet many here) will argue that her massive pop debut was her peak, some would say it was when she really decided to say something with BTW, people with more "classic" tastes would say C2C is her peak because it shows off her voice, and  some will say it's ASIB because she conquered music and film. 

it's really hard to gauge anyway since she's basically cemented herself as a household name early on in her career. What will we really base it on anyway - being top of mind? being unavoidable? being well liked? :ally:

Monster7

I'm only sure that her career will continue for a long long time and it'll be successful. Highs and lows cycles happen to all artists and I'm ok with it

Cody James
20 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

My point is being misread, I see the success in all she does. I am referring to the GP. 

No one needs to school me on how amazing she is, but I would love for her to be highly talked about again for her standalone album this time. We had ASIB, now I want LG6 to be well received and acclaimed. 

Cody James
22 minutes ago, Harry said:

I would like to excuse myself from this narrative please :) I am happy with whatever we get and appreciate all she has accomplished. Me wanting the media and GP to love LG6 as much as TF is not a bad thing to wonder and wish for. It’s a different kind of success for us to want her to be on everyones mind and playlists for LG6.

holy scheisse

To me it seems like they were different types of popularity and it doesn't have to be so black& white. Back then she was the young, new, IT, pop star. Since her, I think that Taylor swift, Miley cyrus, presently ariana grande etc have enjoyed that level of fame since her.

Nowadays her fame is matured, solidified, and strengthening in terms of remaining a permanent piece of pop cuture. Much like beyonce, I think Gaga is settling into her legacy level of fame.

3 minutes ago, Cody James said:

My point is being misread, I see the success in all she does. I am referring to the GP. 

No one needs to school me on how amazing she is, but I would love for her to be highly talked about again for her standalone album this time. We had ASIB, now I want LG6 to be well received and acclaimed. 

What age group? I'm 18 and I'm the only kid I know that listens to her. Back in 4th grade in 2011 there were a lot more. Those kinds of demographics are changing

2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

To me it seems like they were different types of popularity and it doesn't have to be so black& white. Back then she was the young, new, IT, pop star. Since her, I think that Taylor swift, Miley cyrus, presently ariana grande etc have enjoyed that level of fame since her.

Nowadays her fame is matured, solidified, and strengthening in terms of remaining a permanent piece of pop cuture. Much like beyonce, I think Gaga is settling into her legacy level of fame.

This tbh. Her main audience isn't exactly the same as what it used to be as TFM era.

Harry
2 minutes ago, Cody James said:

I would like to excuse myself from this narrative please :) I am happy with whatever we get and appreciate all she has accomplished. Me wanting the media and GP to love LG6 as much as TF is not a bad thing to wonder and wish for. It’s a different kind of success for us to want her to be on everyones mind and playlists for LG6.

You... made the thread sdkfjsdf

Idk why you're getting defensive. Nobody said it was a bad thing, I'm sure we all want that. My point is that the "peak" discussion has been done to death and it could mean different things - now more than ever, artists excel in different areas. Even people like Taylor and Beyonce who seem unstoppable are not surefire bets with something like Hot 100/streaming hits anymore. So what even is a peak?

She absolutely could be adored by the GP again, but there's literally no way of predicting or getting too mad about it...

River

The GP finally loves her lol

During TFM most of the GP didn't take her seriously and saw her as the weird girl that loves gays

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Cody James
21 minutes ago, Harry said:

You... made the thread sdkfjsdf

Idk why you're getting defensive. Nobody said it was a bad thing, I'm sure we all want that. My point is that the "peak" discussion has been done to death and it could mean different things - now more than ever, artists excel in different areas. Even people like Taylor and Beyonce who seem unstoppable are not surefire bets with something like Hot 100/streaming hits anymore. So what even is a peak?

She absolutely could be adored by the GP again, but there's literally no way of predicting or getting too mad about it...

I am aware I made the thread. I am a relatively new member. I apologize for not seeing the other threads. I will crawl back in my hole of no friends and be a GGD watcher not contributor here on out. The only shade and snarky remarks I can handle are on Drag Race, not when I am trying to make conversation about someone that makes me happy. 

Archived