music news

Welcome to the World of Madame X

Joshua James

Featured Posts

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEXODUS

I don’t mind the autotune at all, and it really isn’t that heavy as y’all make it seem to be. 

Musically and visually this is stunning and promising, but I’ll admit i’m still worried about those Anitta/J Balvin collabs. I do hope they’ll turn out to be creative efforts, not just an attempt to follow the latin train that all are hopping onto. 

The hype is real tho :giveup:

Skabi
2 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Did you not see any red carpet for the past six months?

issa joke.. its just... for... fun..

Yep, Madonna is going to bring it this year. Now I'm 99,9% percent sure that LG6 isn't coming this year.

crisTEAne

the visuals are really nice. the concept is too in-your-face to me. i prefer subtle complexity that actually engenders an interpretive process on its own in you as opposed to already positioning you in an "explained" state, if you know what i mean (e.g., alejandro vs this clip). the sound... well, let's just say the autotune jumped out :selena: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Epione
46 minutes ago, Salome said:

Yep, Madonna is going to bring it this year. Now I'm 99,9% percent sure that LG6 isn't coming this year.

This has to be a joke, right? :awkney:

dlioncourt91
1 hour ago, SEXODUS said:

I don’t mind the autotune at all, and it really isn’t that heavy as y’all make it seem to be. 

Musically and visually this is stunning and promising, but I’ll admit i’m still worried about those Anitta/J Balvin collabs. I do hope they’ll turn out to be creative efforts, not just an attempt to follow the latin train that all are hopping onto. 

The hype is real tho :giveup:

She's not working with J Balvin. Maluma is pretty much confirmed at this point. She's also making Fado sounds, Portuguese music as well.

dlioncourt91
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This actually looks genuinely good and I am no Madonna fan. Loving the visuals and the song's not bad either. And this concept album idea is right up my street. I'm hoping we'll get a song for every disguise as I counted 15 different personalities. That would be really cool. I'm actually excited for a Madonna album. If it's good, it'll be, in my opinion, her first good album since Ray Of Light (yes, I didn't even like Confessions). She needs truly good work now if she's 60 and only releasing albums occasionally. She has to leave behind a great legacy and for that reason, I want to hear the real, unfiltered Madonna who doesn't care about the charts and trends.

There were sixteen tracks during one of her album sessions along with Beautiful Game (if it hasn't been renamed) so I'm assuming she'll have a standard and deluxe version of the record. It'd be nice if she has songs for every single personality. She's been shooting a lot of visuals and rumored four music videos at this point.

I don't think she's releasing occasionally. She took the last two years to work on this project so I'm guessing she feels more inspired than the likes of MDNA which was a rush job due to having her plate full with other commitments. Finally, someone who doesn't hype Confessions. Her most overrated album even if at times I do like it. 

I do want her to stop chart pandering and do what she wants. She was always having off the wall references in her creative peak but it seems charts matter either to her or her label/people which is unfortunate.

dlioncourt91

You guys hype albums like Music and American Life, both which had their fair share of autotune. :ladyhaha:

5 hours ago, Vitleysingur said:

more like 

Bitch I'm a Teacher

Bitch I'm a Wh*re

Bitch I'm a Student

Bitch I'm a Nun...

:kiss:

bitch i,m a cow

Schwerk

Love the concept, reminds me a bit of Tori Amos album American Doll Posse where she wrote songs from the perspective of 4 different characters that were partially based on parts of her personality. It was really interesting because they had their own sound and personality but the album as a whole was cohesive and beautiful.  Live it waa great too because she would play the songs of the character she felt the most connected to that day. 

I hope Madonna will conceptualize in a similar style, of course with her own creative vision. These visuals are very promising.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

MaryJaneHolland
12 minutes ago, HOEGa said:

bitch i,m a cow

omfg this classic

lemme bop again

:giveup:

Archived