💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Drake Surpass Eminem As King Of Rap?

Economy

Featured Posts

edengowon
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

I actually find Drake's music unique. There isn't another artist I can think of that sounds like him :shrug:

Imo it's unique but boring

Just because it's unique it doesn't make it bearable. Trisha Paytas is unique 😂

the artist formerly known as melancholia

gumzy3000

Yes, and especially since I’m from Toronto, I would want him to :reductive:

trolly troll troll

Lucas

Sales don't make someone the king of a genre :tongue: Eminem is more talented than Drake, that makes Eminem more eligible to that king title

Economy
2 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

Yeah cause Em had a longer run. Kendrick is the current King of Rap, counting success, critical acclaim and impact. There’s more to the title than just sales.

I mean Madonna is called the Queen of Pop and she was no where near the one with most critical acclaim. Certainly not critically and award wise

She's mainly called the Queen Of Pop because she was the most successful female artist of all time commercially

LateToCult

What do you mean by “King of Rap?” Are we talking about popularity or quality of work? 

I know you mentioned Eminem’s bb record but he has also been immensely popular and a cultural icon. That sort of goes beyond just sales.

Ally Campana
6 hours ago, Economy said:

I mean Madonna is called the Queen of Pop and she was no where near the one with most critical acclaim. Certainly not critically and award wise

She's mainly called the Queen Of Pop because she was the most successful female artist of all time commercially

Um, she is literally the most impactful female recording artists of all time. Almost all the main pop girls we have today look up to her and was inspired by her. And she changed the game with her songs, pushing the boundaries of religion and sex. Yes sales play an important role but it’s not the sole factor. No one calls Adele the Queen of Pop. What’s not clicking?

Does it matter? Damage is done

Archived