💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BTS shatters YouTube record at 78M views in 24 hours

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, HonokaFu said:

Do English speaking people enjoy foreign music? I can't, I mean it seems pointless to me to listen to a song I literally don't understand. 

Im Serbian and thats my native language, I remember I was 9 and my friends and I always played Britney's Toxic, but always thought she was singing about a taxi, but nevertheless we bopped to it. You can always enjoy music without understanding it. And when I became Gaga stan, my English still wasnt that good so I didnt understand her lyrics completely...

Anyway, this is my fave BTS song, its just from their rap line, and the lyrics are very smart

9 hours ago, OBEY said:

How many views come from countries that aren’t in Asia though that’s the quesion

Well since Asia is still part of the world I guess the record is still valid. I dont get why are Asian achievements always being downplayed. When Ari had the record, how many views came from countries that arent in North America, thats the question. 

And since they sold out Citi Field stadium in New York last year, I guess they have enough fans from US too. 

EDIT: I just saw they have a stadium tour coming, they are going to play two dates at Rose Bowl, Soldier Field and MetLife stadium in May. two dates at Wembley stadium and two dates at Stade de France, and they even have dates at a stadium in Brazil. I guess they get views from all over the world...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, OBEY said:

How many views come from countries that aren’t in Asia though that’s the quesion

Why is this important? :huh:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

18 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

I mean, English speaking people claim other cultures all the time without understanding the real cultural underlining. So of course they can enjoy it..

Why perform mental gymnastics and relate enjoying kpop to culture appropriation :smh:, im not even sure why the US is the only country so obsessed with culture appropriation, literally here in Asia no one cares if a foreigner wants to try out our culture / traditional clothes. You don't need to speak a language to enjoy their culture and music, there are translations out there. Most of y'all just cant accept that asian people are making their way up there. Most of their sales come from Asia, out of their 3 million album preorder, 200k come from the US and the rest mostly come from Asia. Most of the streamers on youtube do not live in the US, y'all tried it. Anyways stream Kill This Love 

uo111

The amount of racism and jealously in this thread.

Understanding the lyrics in popular english songs usually makes them worse, not better. You don’t hate it because you want to understand the lyrics bb, you hate it because it doesn’t cater specifically to you.

moonboywow
2 minutes ago, uo111 said:

The amount of racism and jealously in this thread.

Understanding the lyrics in popular english songs usually makes them worse, not better. You don’t hate it because you want to understand the lyrics bb, you hate it because it doesn’t cater specifically to you.

Yep. It's racism and jealousy and it's just sad. 

Luna Lovegood
10 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

For those who don’t get K-Pop please go to YouTube and watch Inkigayo or Music Core. There are many other groups other than BTS and BLACKPINK who are disbanded or on hiatus.

Check out VIXX, 2NE1, BIGBANG, SHINee, and Sunmi. Do some deep research to understand why we like K-Pop. For me K-Pop offers stuff that western pop rarely gives.

About time people give 2ne1 the credit they deserve. Forever my favourite kpop group. No one can replace them imo. Legends.

luna’s advocate

Bradley

They have a huge fanbase but that is in no way an indication of the quality of their music.

I dk, are we expecting this song to win Song and Record of the Year at the Grammys?

Earthling

Kpop has no artististic integrity?? Please explain Mamamoo then :triggered:

Also Kpop has one huge thing over western pop and that's CHOREO

*she switched baristas. ☕️

OBEY
2 hours ago, gag said:

Why is this important? :huh:

2 hours ago, Bojana said:

Im Serbian and thats my native language, I remember I was 9 and my friends and I always played Britney's Toxic, but always thought she was singing about a taxi, but nevertheless we bopped to it. You can always enjoy music without understanding it. And when I became Gaga stan, my English still wasnt that good so I didnt understand her lyrics completely...

Anyway, this is my fave BTS song, its just from their rap line, and the lyrics are very smart

Well since Asia is still part of the world I guess the record is still valid. I dont get why are Asian achievements always being downplayed. When Ari had the record, how many views came from countries that arent in North America, thats the question. 

And since they sold out Citi Field stadium in New York last year, I guess they have enough fans from US too. 

EDIT: I just saw they have a stadium tour coming, they are going to play two dates at Rose Bowl, Soldier Field and MetLife stadium in May. two dates at Wembley stadium and two dates at Stade de France, and they even have dates at a stadium in Brazil. I guess they get views from all over the world...

Yes they still hold the record, views from anywhere count even if they’re in a specific part of the world. They have that record and congratulations to them. It’s just that i’d find that more impressive if the views were more scattered across the globe like some artists, but i don’t mean that their views are worth less bc they’re from asia

5 hours ago, Sunny said:

B(o)TS

but slay

If you're implying asians are bots, sure I guess go off. Western people never acknowledge asians' existence wbk :huntyga:

Archived