Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Warning! Earth's Magnetic Field Deteriorati Accelerating! Technology Risked

Featured Posts

lovedillon
22 hours ago, Economy said:

https://www.livescience.com/61603-what-if-magnetic-pole-reversal.html

The damage could be trillions of dollars WW. In the most extreme scenario, if this cycle became as extreme as the one 541 million years ago, parts of Earth with the weakest magnetic field coverage could even become uninhabitable for a time

The title of the article you posted LITERALLY says “Why You (Probably) Shouldn't Worry About Earth's Magnetic Poles Flipping” so why are you hyping this up like it’s the end of the world? Lmao calm down

Edited by lovedillon

Economy
Just now, lovedillon said:

The title of the article you posted LITERALLY says “Why You (Probably) Shouldn't Worry About Earth's Magnetic Poles Flipping” so why are you hyping this up like it’s the end of the world? Lmao calm down

Oh there was a change actually

The website I posted isn't the one I originally posted but ppl didn't like how dramatic it was so I changed it to another article

Also the part of the damage cost was actually from the video I posted in the comments not the article

lovedillon
Just now, Economy said:

Oh there was a change actually

The website I posted isn't the one I originally posted but ppl didn't like how dramatic it was so I changed it to another article

Also the part of the damage cost was actually from the video I posted in the comments not the article

Ahhh ok, yeah I was wondering why everyone was saying that the article was fake cause I just found multiple others 2 of which I responded to someone else with to support your post since people were saying it wasn’t real

• Like 1

Economy
2 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Ahhh ok, yeah I was wondering why everyone was saying that the article was fake cause I just found multiple others 2 of which I responded to someone else with to support your post since people were saying it wasn’t real

Yeah lol. The original article was the one people were calling "fake" tho it was basically the same information just presented in a dramatic way

This article is known as a more reputable source so even tho it's simmilar I changed it

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1

Lona Delery

since when are you fear mongering

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Economy
30 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

since when are you fear mongering

I'm not. Our technology especially satellites being affected is a real possibility and there is genuine concern about that especially if we're hit with a big solar storm or solar flares while the magnetic field hits its weakest points in the cycle

Organic life being affected is an extremely unlikely worse case scenario but I never said that part was a big concern. I only said that 541 Million years ago when the magnetic field dropped to the lowest it ever did in the worst cycle to date organic life was almost exposed. I didn't suggest this cycle was going to be the same

Edited by Economy