Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
4 hours ago, Admin said:

Imagine liking Kpop. Can't relate.

Imagine respecting other people's taste in music, a highly subjective experience. 

I don't like K-pop but I don't shade people for liking it. :awkney: I get it, it's annoying when someone is overrated but express your frustration at the overratedness, not at people liking them.

People also like Adele who is objectively a bad singer. :ally:  Her songwriting is great. You can like her voice and her music. But it's undeniable fact that her singing technique is severely flawed. But that doesn't mean people who like Adele are all dumb. Neither K-pop nor Adele are for me, but I respect people who like both. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

NewYorkCity

Seriously there's no ****ing way I will ever understand how all this kpop thing  is so successful. 

Gonzi
10 minutes ago, spicemuncher said:

I don’t, and I will never, get the appeal. Sorry.

Who does? :toofunny:  For what I've seen, their fanbase is the only thing pushing their material and giving them exposure by getting them all these accolades. They're cute and deliver good visuals but the GP clearly doesn't care for the music itself  :green:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Admin said:

Imagine liking Kpop. Can't relate.

You thought you did sumn didnt you  :oprah:

DeleteMyAccount
On 4/13/2019 at 4:17 AM, derpmonster said:

Imagine respecting other people's taste in music, a highly subjective experience. 

I don't like K-pop but I don't shade people for liking it. :awkney: I get it, it's annoying when someone is overrated but express your frustration at the overratedness, not at people liking them.

People also like Adele who is objectively a bad singer. :ally:  Her songwriting is great. You can like her voice and her music. But it's undeniable fact that her singing technique is severely flawed. But that doesn't mean people who like Adele are all dumb. Neither K-pop nor Adele are for me, but I respect people who like both. 

Mhm. Pretentiousness is bliss I guess. Plus, K-Pop is soooo diverse when you actually start listening to the genre/subgenres. It's like someone listening to Katy Perry, hating it, and saying they hate all pop music...

9 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Mhm. Pretentiousness is bliss I guess. Plus, K-Pop is soooo diverse when you actually start listening to the genre/subgenres. It's like someone listening to Katy Perry, hating it, and saying they hate all pop music...

Most of them probably don't like it because its korean. Which is kinda :awkney:. 
You have IU with ballad songs, Dreamcatcher with rock, T-ara with EDM, Red Velvet with RnB. Kpop is so diverse, the only reason a person would not like any kpop song at all is the language. 

Monster7

I find Kpop boybands and girlbands as uninteresting as this Lil something rappers trend. Songs are all the same, boring, basic... They may break youtube records but 5 days after the song is completely forgotten so many times. But it's my opinion and I respect others' tastes in music. I'm glad kpop fans are enjoying this success

Antichrist
17 minutes ago, dnzr said:

Most of them probably don't like it because its korean. Which is kinda :awkney:. 
You have IU with ballad songs, Dreamcatcher with rock, T-ara with EDM, Red Velvet with RnB. Kpop is so diverse, the only reason a person would not like any kpop song at all is the language. 

why is it :awkney: ?

do you listen to indian music? do you listen to hawaiian music? do you listen to latvian music?

cuz it's kinda :awkney: if you don't :awkney:

LUO YI
7 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

I find Kpop boybands and girlbands as uninteresting as this Lil something rappers trend. Songs are all the same, boring, basic... They may break youtube records but 5 days after the song is completely forgotten so many times. But it's my opinion and I respect others' tastes in music. I'm glad kpop fans are enjoying this success

This is where people are wrong, many times :emma: there's a lot of diversity in Kpop. 

I used to think the same before I started to stan NCT and Red Velvet. I decided to search a little more and was surprised to find groups like Dreamcatcher or solo artists like IU. I dare to say that some of NCT 127's tracks aren't very likeable.

But yeah it all depends on the preferences of every single person so Idk why I wrote this. :emma:

The night sky tells all

11 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

why is it :awkney: ?

do you listen to indian music? do you listen to hawaiian music? do you listen to latvian music?

cuz it's kinda :awkney: if you don't :awkney:

If you can find me good indian/hawaiian/latvian music that I like I mean sure.
If i don't I still wouldnt say "Imagine liking xxxxxx music, can't relate" or "all xxxxxx music are  trash" :blush:
There's a difference between not listening to xx music because you haven't discovered it and not liking an entire genre(genre as broad as kpop and mostly defined by language) because you don't like some :deadbanana:

Antichrist
34 minutes ago, dnzr said:

If you can find me good indian/hawaiian/latvian music that I like I mean sure.
If i don't I still wouldnt say "Imagine liking xxxxxx music, can't relate" or "all xxxxxx music are  trash" :blush:
There's a difference between not listening to xx music because you haven't discovered it and not liking an entire genre(genre as broad as kpop and mostly defined by language) because you don't like some :deadbanana:

if you don't like a few examples of music you hear, you usually don't go discover more of it.

i agree though. as sexy & russian as our admin is, god forbid a member would post that, moderation would go W I L D .

Archived