Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Scientist declares Hungary's democracy has died de-facto

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Viktor Orbán is destroying Hungary's democracy. The institutions, the legal system and the social fabric are nothing but a pile of rubble. And the EU let it happen.

Hungary has committed suicide in plain sight, and it has done so with the inept assistance of the European Union – while the rest of the member states stand by and watch helplessly. The death dance of democracy has begun again, just like in the 20th century, by painting human rights, freedom of the press, judicial independence, science and art to be political questions. By portraying facts and reality as a matter of threatened identity. And by depicting hate and violations of the law as moral obligations. This is not just taking place within the EU, this is the EU itself, living up to the delirious nightmares of the far right. What right-wing nationalists call "bureaucrats taking away national identities" means, in practice, that Brussels continues to provide full financial support even as mentally ill rulers dictate the destruction of entire countries – their art, literature and science – in the name of resisting interference in domestic affairs, and by keeping borders open for those chased away. The mass moral hysteria of Hungarian political conservativism is the driving force of the cold civil war that has been battering Hungary since 2002.

Hungary would not even be in a position to start accession talks to the EU with its current legal system and state structures. There is a façade of press freedom, but there has been no broadly distributed independent press since the passing of the media law of 2011. State propaganda allows a few showcase media outlets with minimal reach to continue functioning, but most independent press outlets have, by now, been acquired and shut down by the ruling party, Fidesz. Government propaganda depicts Hungary, a country with practically zero immigration, as the last fortress standing in the way of "invasion" by "subhuman migrant herds," an allusion to Ottoman times, while being attacked for resisting migration by the decadent liberal elites of the EU, an allusion to the Habsburg era. Meanwhile, refugees are being systematically starved in distant internment camps.

The economy is in a dire state, sustained by the artificial life support of EU funds and four to five huge German companies, and even then, the numbers are heavily doctored. Because Orbán has never had any real plan for the country apart from siphoning money off from wherever it is still possible, Hungary has been in a complete deadlock since he took power eight years ago.

Four million people live below the poverty line and one million are in extreme poverty – in a country of fewer than 10 million. Doctors and nurses have been leaving hospitals in droves and the most recent cancer treatment medications are officially denied to people above the age of 75. The economy has been in steady decline since 2008, unemployment is masked by community work programs that pay about half the minimal wage – and which are compulsory for job seekers or those seeking unemployment benefits – and homelessness has been made a crime.

Full article (with 5 additional pages): https://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/2019-04/european-union-hungary-democracy-viktor-orban-english

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Sad 3

Melech
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

subhuman migrant herds," an allusion to Ottoman times

I think that’s a wrong comparasion :rip:  there is a difference between migrants (nowadays) and invaders (Ottoman times) 

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Melech said:

I think that’s a wrong comparasion :rip:  there is a difference between migrants (nowadays) and invaders (Ottoman times) 

He's trying to make the point that the governing forces of Hungary don't see migrants as migrants, they see them as invaders that are trying to erase white people and their culture.

Majestic, the future is electric.

Sistren

Yeah I’m from Hungary and this is the sad truth but in real life i think you just cant feel the destroyed democracy but i am very sad and angry about this 

Orbán has a strong vision about everything and he is really smart and in total I just cant tell what the future brings but there are huge constuctions and modernizations and salaries are growing in this country right now

The EU should step now if they want to stop all these things and other illiberals otherwise i dont know what will happen

It is like history repeats itself again... :/

• Sad 1

Economy
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He's trying to make the point that the governing forces of Hungary don't see migrants as migrants, they see them as invaders that are trying to erase white people and their culture.

Erase whites? Sorry if I'm ignorant but I thought Hungarians were white :huh:

calmar
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

The invaders would be erasing the whites, which are the Hungarians.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Sistren
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yes Hungarians are white :sweat: i think he/she means migrants try to erase whites 

• Thanks 1

Sistren
27 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

This whole thing is a campaign tho...

t e a

yep, that's my ****ing country. no comment. EVERYTHING SUCKS HERE. :neyde:

d e r r i d a