Ellie Goulding - Sixteen

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

OBEY
17 hours ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

We lost Ellie a while ago. The song is garbage 

Flux disagrees 

DelusionalGaga

What's with all my faves disappointing me with their releases recently? :saladga: I really loved Flux and thought it was a step in the right direction. But Sixteen is another faceless attempt at a hit. I wish she/her label would realize that commercial pop really does not suit her and she should go back to her folk roots. 

Dominic

Okay it grew on me, I've had it in my head all day. It's the best release this era. 

Flux just wasnt a return to form imo. It was like someone trying to be Ellie, sounded kinda forced. Slow song =/= Old Ellie. 

Hoping the rest of the album is great though. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Dominic
22 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

What's with all my faves disappointing me with their releases recently? :saladga: I really loved Flux and thought it was a step in the right direction. But Sixteen is another faceless attempt at a hit. I wish she/her label would realize that commercial pop really does not suit her and she should go back to her folk roots. 

Thing is commercial pop does suit her and that's why her label force it even more. Close to Me wasn't great by fan standards but it pulled some good numbers, like most of her pop hits. It's just that we prefer the deeper lyrics and melancholy of her earlier works. I dont think her later stuff is that  faceless, just not as meaningful. Tbh though I loved Delirium and that was very production > lyric so :shrug:

Dominic

@OBEY wtf is she singing in the beginning and chorus? Sounds like "you be a bad sixteen" 🤔

Inferno
On 4/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, AMENiCURE said:

whats with everyone dropping generic ass songs:poot:

when tf has ellie goulding ever not dropped a generic ass song? she epitomizes the stereotypically anonymous edm girl. she just somehow managed to be the most prominent/successful at it. even the early tracks that were vaguely reminiscent of folk sounded almost totally anonymous.

StarstruckIllusion
On 4/12/2019 at 2:01 AM, Fish said:

I LOVE IT LOL its so 2014 though

Um good. Current music is trash. I’d def take dated 2008-12 pop music over any smash of the last 6 years

dynamite
10 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Um good. Current music is trash. I’d def take dated 2008-12 pop music over any smash of the last 6 years

I saw this in unread content and had to respond lol, I couldn't agree more. It's barely even music anymore. The charts are like one giant restaurant playlist. I can barely tell any song apart... They all start the same. 

OBEY
5 hours ago, Dominic said:

@OBEY wtf is she singing in the beginning and chorus? Sounds like "you be a bad sixteen" 🤔

They’re chopped vocals a la It Ain’t Me / First Time. It says Like we were sixteen but they’re chopping it.

[Pre-Chorus]
Time
Suddenly, we got no time
We're so busy doing life
That I miss your eyes on mine, mine

[Chorus]
If you just focus on me
Like we were sixteen
And plotting our lives
Can I wear your t-shirt
And sleep on you
While I dream of all the good times?
When we were sixteen

[Post-Chorus]
Like we were sixteen
Like we were sixteen

OBEY
43 minutes ago, Wigless said:

we stan

Archived