đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Madonna hating big time on Mariah Carey

Lighter

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom
41 minutes ago, Nemo said:

"The bruises, they will fade away / You hit so hard with the things you say" -- Someone

Sis it ain't that deep :poot:

Bitch I'm Madonna

StrawberryBlond

She makes a very good point and this is something I've been saying for a long time as well. But she didn't need to be so rude by making examples. We all know who she's talking about, so to point it out just seems like humiliation and it's an attitude like that that makes me not want to support an artist. Madonna has always been threatened by other females, particularly ones who can sing better and sell better than her. For all that she's dissing Mariah and Whitney here, she said all this at the same time as she released Bedtime Stories, which was full of RnB ballads. It was like her own way of doing things was creating too much scandal and wasn't selling enough (Erotica was her lowest selling album at the time), so she followed what was most popular then to claw back success. So, she's dissing Mariah and Whitney while making the kind of music they were at the time. Seems rather hypocritical.

But no matter, what she says still stands a general rule. Artists who genuinely have something to say tend to get less success because their stories are too specific, not relatable enough to each and every individual. It's really sad that a song has to be relatable for it to be successful, I've never got that concept. So many artists can't see outside themselves, they can only sing about their relationship that lasted a month and endless spending, now more than ever. It's funny how this may have been said in 1996, but the same thing is said today, 23 years later. Some things never change. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Archived