Will Madonna get another big hit?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
Just now, Levine said:

Apparently she's gonna release a visual album (she filmed several music videos in the last months) and in that way it's more difficult to have a single big hit. But it's not impossible imho.

Depends. She could still release the lead first tho :shrug:

TEANUS
32 minutes ago, Economy said:

In not sure id count Give Me All Your Luvin a hit tho

It debut at #10 the week it got released thanks to the super bowl but immediately tanked out of the charts

A song that just made it in the top 10 for one week and instantly burned out may be a top 10 in technical terms but would I call it a hit? Not a chance

All I said was it hit top 10 skateboarding animal GIF

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

jaXXXon
38 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Her last top 10 in the US was 2012 with Give Me All Your Luvin

Her last big WW smash was 4 Minutes in 2008

Give Me All Your Luvin only went top 10 because of the Super Bowl. Her last real hit was 4 Minutes but it was mostly due to the commercial power of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake, let's be honest. That also explains why the follow-up single bombed.

Her last real hit was Hung Up in 2005.

LateToCult

No. Not in the US at least. There’s just no real interest in her new material outside forums like this one. The music scene has also changed drastically since her last single and even more since her last successful hit 4 Minutes. She went strong for 3 decades but she won’t make it in 2019.

Lucas

She has potential to release hit songs, the GP might not have the potential to appreciate her enough to make songs turn into hits ;)

insight
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I'm curious to see the impact due to streaming if older artists now have a bigger chance

They have the chance once they die.

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, Thotiana said:

You never know. For artists as old as her is hard to get a hit. However, Cher and now Billy Ray Cyrus have a number 1 after decades into their careers. But who cares? Madonna already have many hits. 

Billy Ray Cyrus is real? :air:

Keep it cool, I’m not american or old

No family’s safe when I sashay

djparky

Nope- time has moved on, and based on the last 10 years or so it will be another desperate attempt at being cool with the kids and feature the latest rent-a-rapper

Thotiana
38 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Billy Ray Cyrus is real? :air:

Keep it cool, I’m not american or old

Yea, he’s featured on that new song Old Town Road and it’s the number 1 song in the US right now.

Economy
2 hours ago, TEANUS said:

All I said was it hit top 10 skateboarding animal GIF

In reply to a question of what her last hit was... Implying that it making it top 10 made it a hit

Reginald

I mean, if she makes good music,  then she'll get hits :lmao:

Girl Gone Wild was my 100% BOP OF THE YEAR  when it came out though, it was on constant repeat 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

No. Not in the US at least. There’s just no real interest in her new material outside forums like this one. The music scene has also changed drastically since her last single and even more since her last successful hit 4 Minutes. She went strong for 3 decades but she won’t make it in 2019.

You’re talking about music consumption, right? Or is it something different?

2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I mean, if she makes good music,  then she'll get hits :lmao:

Girl Gone Wild was my 100% BOP OF THE YEAR  when it came out though, it was on constant repeat 

I bet you liked the music video as well! :ohwell:

Archived