Stefani Tee
politics

Madonna faces backlash for performance at Eurovision

Featured Posts

Economy
40 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

This is ridiculous as hell. The fact that she's performing in Eurovision , which is a non-political event, has nothing to do to with the Israeli governments actions on Palestine.

She's not the first, nor the last artist to perform in countries like that. I mean, where were everyone when Gaga performed in Russia and Azerbaijan for example?
Should artists just ignore their fans in those countries just because the governments are f*cked? :oprah:

In that case they might as well boycott the US too for electing Trump.

This!

On top of that Israel is only hosting the show... But the show is european

• Like 1

ropi

The event is about music, joy, (gays), she loves israel so much, whats the problem? Plus she can promote her music successful, cause 200 million ppl will see her performance. 

• Like 1

KatieJudasGaga4

26 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

If I'd been active on here then, I'd have criticized her too.

Why?

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby

lego
6 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

and Madonna don't have Israeli fans and even European fans who want to see her in Eurovision?

Yeah and she has Palestinian fans who are not allowed to see her because of who they are. 

5 minutes ago, Melech said:

Meanwhile Madonna will lay at the beach in Tel Aviv laughing about all the “backlash”. 

trying to paint her as even worse heartless “queen” doesn’t help your case. 

If she actually criticizes Israel during the performance, you’ll change your tune. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 10

ProjectJoanne

God, Twitter, go away :poot:

DCgaga

Natural Gas

parents hide your children challenge  :madge:

I'm blind Blonde

Bellatrix
1 minute ago, lego said:

Yeah and she has Palestinian fans who are not allowed to see her because of who they are.

but that's not her fault. Should she ditch all the other fans just because of it? That does not make sense.

• Like 2

Melech
1 minute ago, lego said:

trying to paint her as even worse heartless “queen” doesn’t help your case. 

If she actually criticizes Israel during the performance, you’ll change your tun

Madonna is a good example for an artist that doesn’t think in black and white like Lorde does for example. She can advocate for Palestinians without hating on people with Israeli citizenship. 

She won’t say anything during the performance cause ESC is NOT a political show.

• Like 4

lego
Just now, Bellatrix said:

but that's not her fault. Should she ditch all the other fans just because of it? That does not make sense.

Yes, because she’s allowing apartheid regime to use her for their propaganda and whitewash crimes against Palestinians. It makes perfect sense to stand for all of her fans and to want to perform for all her fans from there, not just those with privileged ethnicity. 

1 minute ago, Melech said:

Madonna is a good example for an artist that doesn’t think in black and white like Lorde does for example. She can advocate for Palestinians without hating on people with Israeli citizenship. 

She won’t say anything during the performance cause ESC is NOT a political show.

So Lorde is hating on people with Israeli citizenship now? :smh: 

And you’re hoping she won’t say anything, but she’s known for provocation, so unless she cancels, I doubt she will stay silent. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bellatrix
2 minutes ago, lego said:

Yes, because she’s allowing apartheid regime to use her for their propaganda and whitewash crimes against Palestinians. It makes perfect sense to stand for all of her fans and to want to perform for all her fans from there, not just those with privileged ethnicity. 

Well Eurovision is not run by that regime so your connection is hilarious :air: 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Defmix100
29 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

Free promo.......at least she doesn't have to throw herself down the stairs this time:nails:

do you think that was done on purpose?

Melech
1 minute ago, lego said:

So Lorde is hating on people with Israeli citizenship now? :smh: 

She does. She refuses to perform in front of an Israeli audience. 

2 minutes ago, lego said:

And you’re hoping she won’t say anything, but she’s known for provocation, so unless she cancels, I doubt she will stay silent. 

She can do what she want. I won’t like it cause it’s a not a political show but if she does..oh well..still performed in Israel and gracing Europeans and Israelis with her appearance. Ugh her mind :giveup: 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Bellatrix
3 minutes ago, lego said:

She will stay silent. Eurovision is a non-political event and political statements are not allowed in it. Do you even know anything about it?

• Thanks 1

Melech
1 minute ago, Bellatrix said:

Well Eurovision is not run by that regime so your connection is hilarious :air: 

Don’t you know? Every person with Israeli passport or who visits Israel is part of the evil regime!!! 

• LMAO 2