Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has P!nk gone the direction of Maroon 5?

Antoni

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Beautiful Trauma DEFINITELY was not my fav release from her but you cannot forget the perfection of "You Get My Love" :kara:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller

TTAL is her last good album. Tea.

The first song I started to not like was the Alice in wonderland “Just Like Fire” although that is pretty Pink compared to what came later. 

ShockPop

Righty here we go...

She could have evolved with these 2 awful albums, or been risky and artistic like many others have in spite of sales (Gaga, Christina, Paramore, Avril).

She has lost the magic ingredient that made her a great artist. She was never about charts or sales (although she got them anyway) she was like a pop outcast who showed up every few years with some cool songs and a 5m selling album.

So what happened?

She lost her edge because it wasn't hers. The contributions of long time collaborator Billy Mann are missing from H2BH & BT.  As we saw with Gaga moving on from collaborators, she usually uses them for a few tracks on the next project before ditching them completely otherwise it causes such a dramatic shift that the audience doesn't know what to think (see ditching Redone and Fernando completely from ARTPOP).

To my knowledge, Billy didn't work on these 2 albums and we've all noticed a decline in quality.

So it turns out we didn't really enjoy Pink, we enjoyed Billy Mann through the voice of Pink.

This is like if Katy stopped working with Dr Puke. Oh wait...

LordEnigma

She’s been basic for awhile. She’s like Avril to me - has this “I’m too good for the system” look but just makes the same old pop song that anyone could sing.

She has incredible talent but her new music is just so... boring.

LaLuna

Maybe. I used to like her music a lot, now it's like, soooo damn generic.

I still think she's talented af, but I can't get into her music anymore.

2School4Cool
7 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

She lost her edge because it wasn't hers. The contributions of long time collaborator Billy Mann are missing from H2BH & BT.  As we saw with Gaga moving on from collaborators, she usually uses them for a few tracks on the next project before ditching them completely otherwise it causes such a dramatic shift that the audience doesn't know what to think (see ditching Redone and Fernando completely from ARTPOP).

To my knowledge, Billy didn't work on these 2 albums and we've all noticed a decline in quality.

So it turns out we didn't really enjoy Pink, we enjoyed Billy Mann through the voice of Pink.

I respectfully disagree. This isn’t necessarily true. Billy Mann didn’t work much on Beautiful Trauma, but he did write one song with her on the album. And I don’t really think it’s fair to say her edge wasn’t hers. She’s worked with several different collaborators throughout her career, and her edge was always there, not only in the lyrics, but in the videos, the performances, it’s just her attitude. She is what makes her music great, because her attitude exudes through everything she does on and off the stage. Plus P!nk has only released a little over 15 songs with Billy Mann, and she’s had an immensely successful 20 year long career of 8 albums so far. I love when she collaborates with him, but you can’t credit him with her career, she deserves that credit. I’m not trying to argue, I’m just explaining my view. 

See The Best In Everyone

ShockPop
24 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I respectfully disagree. This isn’t necessarily true. Billy Mann didn’t work much on Beautiful Trauma, but he did write one song with her on the album. And I don’t really think it’s fair to say her edge wasn’t hers. She’s worked with several different collaborators throughout her career, and her edge was always there, not only in the lyrics, but in the videos, the performances, it’s just her attitude. She is what makes her music great, because her attitude exudes through everything she does on and off the stage. Plus P!nk has only released a little over 15 songs with Billy Mann, and she’s had an immensely successful 20 year long career of 8 albums so far. I love when she collaborates with him, but you can’t credit him with her career, she deserves that credit. I’m not trying to argue, I’m just explaining my view. 

I understand. I'm not saying that's the main factor specifically, more that he's a big collaborator of hers and others that are also big collaborators have left her. She doesn't have her dream team anymore.

Biden Harris 2024

At the end of the day, it's the artist that succeeds or fails with their music. She missed with this music. It lacks something for sure. Hopefully she can bring back the sound and energy of her prior albums that have been very successful.

Inferno

I don't think i've ever been able to differentiate her from a commercial perspective to Maroon 5. They've always been relatively on the same level to me. Albeit, I think shes gotten even more homogenized and less distinctive in the 2010's than she was in the 2000's. I'll say that.

She generally always served generic but she seemed more creative and witty with her old work. Some of her album tracks were lyrical gold back in the day (I'm Not Dead) but she deff sold out big time.

arrtpop

I liked beautiful trauma, but from this new album I only like 1/3 songs so far which is disappointing. 

aphrodite

StrawberryBlond

I agree, she's been going down a very generic route since The Truth About Love. To take such a long break after that average album only to come back with her worst ever effort, Beautiful Trauma, left me beyond disappointed. Knowing she was putting out another album so soon piqued my interest as it was like "oh, she realises the last album wasn't as good and has got to work on something better immediately." But from what I've heard so far, it seems like she's just making more of the same, albeit released quicker than she would normally do. I think now it wasn't a case of she thought her last album was bad, it's that her last album didn't produce more than one hit (and even then, it wasn't a major one), so she wants to make something that'll hopefully be a bigger success so is going even more generic. Her new lead single sounds like something Ed Sheeran or any other guy with an acoustic guitar would make and that style just doesn't do it for her, or women in general as it's such a male kinda song. Hustle sounds a bit more like her, but far too repetitive. I get the feeling it was all cobbled together quickly, which isn't the Pink I know, who always takes time to create good material.

It's a pity as she always had it in her to create that perfect album but she's always fallen back on generic tracks and her famous comfort zone at all times. I honestly don't feel she's grown or changed as an artist since her second album when she went from RnB/pop to rock/pop. I thought the recent election of Trump would've fired her up to create better music than what she's been doing. Pink used to be greatly inspired by bad times (hello, Dear Mr President) but she just seems to have settled into a bland state of being right now which is so bizarre, when now's the time more than ever to create another Dear Mr President song. For all her political statements online, there are shockingly little in her actual music, especially nowadays. I'll always love her as a vocalist and performer but if her albums don't start improving, she'll be more of a "once great" in my mind as far as actual music output goes.

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly starting to think she just wanted to get another quick album out to finish her contract? I mean the singles I’ve heard so far from this new album sound so generic and bland. It’s sad because she has some really good songs, Glitter in the Air, Who Knew, Just Like a Pill and Dear Mr. President **** all over the generic sound she is going for. 

Archived