💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has P!nk gone the direction of Maroon 5?

Antoni

Featured Posts

Versace

I think after Funhouse we started to lose her pop rock punk essence. Raise Your Glass was probably pushed by her label so that Pink can have a hit in 2010, where all these females had career changing songs ex: Bad Romance, Tik Tok, California Girls, Only Girl (in the world). 

In my opinion ****ing Perfect is a masterpiece and really is a thorough representation of P!NK's whole sound from start to now. It has the grit and the vulnerability and a story to go with. 

It wasn't until Truth About Love that we started to see more mainstream sounds on her albums. The Truth About Love is what Ray of Light was to Madonna's career.  It was like a new peak and a new debut for her. I think she genuinely just wanted to refine her sound into Adult Pop and it worked. Blow Me One Last Kiss, Try and Just Give Me a Reason were all successful hits. You can't deny that just because the singles and album are sonically less aggressive than her previous work that they are basic ala Maroon 5's recent work. P!NK has always served quality with both sound and lyrics. 

Beautiful Trauma tried to continue what TAL started and while there are strong offerings on the album and it did really well in Europe, I can't help but feel the album took a step down compared to her previous work. The album has a lot of political messages though. It's just that the sound is slightly outdated in areas and so the great lyrics sadly fade. 

Her new album might be a further step down. So far it really just seems like leftover material from the Beautiful Trauma sessions. I'll agree that Walk Me Home is probably her weakest lead. 

So I disagree that her music took a downturn ever since Raise Your Glass. Just cause it's Pop music = basic. I'd argue that P!NK is probably second to Gaga in making the best pop songs. I think the downturn started with Beautiful Trauma. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g

I think she's grown up and she's kinda lost

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

RAMROD

That song she did with fun. ruined her IMHO.

It went massively popular, but I never like it even when it wasn't a singles.  And since then she always seem to go back to that kind of tempo again for her new songs. She lost me.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

monketsharona
29 minutes ago, LoveNathe said:

She’s been in the game for 2 decades. You can’t expect someone to release the same type music album after album. She’s allowed to experiment. Although I agree, she had become basic but I’m sure we’ll here different sounds in near future.

I agree with this tbh... And I'm sure it'll happen to Lady Gaga too. 

IAmNotHere1997

Maroon 5 is not an EDM artist. They just keep with the trends in order to remain relevant:

- Cardi B feature (Girls Like You)

- Trap sounds (Wait)

- Tropical House + Kendrick Lamar (Don't Wanna Know)

- Iggy feature (on V album)

And the list goes on ... and with P!nk, she just became an Adult Contemporary artist and seems to keep this image and sound that gave her some success. But yeah, she's a little bit basic. But I still like her new stuff.

dynamite

It's clear to me now that yes she has and I've gone off her lately when she used to be in my top 4. I don't find her interesting. Funhouse was her last great album and the rest have seemed like one giant collection.

She is mega talented but wasting it with these lame last few releases.

"You can’t expect someone to release the same type music album after album"

The problem is nobody's asking for that, and that is exactly what she's doing. It has been the same since 2012.

dynamite
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

That song she did with fun. ruined her IMHO.

It went massively popular, but I never like it even when it wasn't a singles.  And since then she always seem to go back to that kind of tempo again for her new songs. She lost me.

I've always hated that song lol it sounds so cheesy and sickly

derpmonster

I think it's too soon to say that. P!nk still exudes talent. We'll have to wait for at least another album. Image wise, she's still experimenting. It's generic pop but not too generic or trendy - it's just more of a timeless basic pop. I think she has some new stuff to try. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

dutchyguy

Her latest albums are way less poprock and more softer than her previous work. And by adding a Gwen Stefani and Nirvana song to her tour setlist.. she might think that too? However What about Us was very strong and Beautiful Trauma did have some more classical feeling pink songs (Barbies & Secrets). But the rest can be forgotten quickly. 

Also... just saying.. her songs became way more soft ever since she has gotten popular in the US. So maybe thats what she has to do to stay popular in this market? 

2School4Cool

P!nk is for sure changing her style up on this album, but it’s not to stay relevant. Unlike Maroon 5, P!nk doesn’t care if the album sells or gets played on the radio. She’s not just trying to be a hit maker. She makes music when she’s inspired to do so, and she makes what she is inspired to make in that moment. I have a feeling this new album will be very diverse and experimental, just by looking at her collaboraters and seeing how different these new songs sound from each other so far. P!nk will never “sell out”, because in order to sell out you need to be concerned only about commercial success. P!nk will never be in it for those reasons. She puts the music over everything else. Look at songs on Beautiful Trauma like Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken, Barbies, I Am Here. These songs have heart and soul. Before What About Us was released, she was told by her label that the radio wouldn’t play her anymore because she’s a woman over 30. And to her own surprise it became a big hit. She’s not setting out to write soulless radio smash hits, that will never be her.

See The Best In Everyone

AndiGaga

She has always been mainstream to me. She has no great messenge, no great lyrics or THAT big hit. I know she has some hits but no massive one like  Poker Face, Tik Tok, Shape of You....

And since her Cover of 'Nancy Mulligan' by Ed Sheeran that she called 'Walk me Home' she is even more basic and boring to me.

2School4Cool

I also think a lot of her style change has changed after being a mom. She’s not a reckless 20 year old new on the scene anymore, she’s a wife, she’s a mother, she’s matured. At the heart of everything she does is that same P!nk spirit, she’s just grown. As she sings in But We Lost It, “I’m still the girl that you chased all around the world, I haven’t changed, just replaced all the chains with pearls.”

I love the young bad*ss rocker chick P!nk, but if it’s possible, I love who she’s turned into even more, and it makes me excited for what the future holds for her and her music.

See The Best In Everyone

Archived