💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

AHS: 1984 Ideas/Theories Thread

JustAnother

Featured Posts

JustAnother

What are some ideas/thoughts for the next AHS season, which is supposedly based around the classic 80’s slasher movies. 

TropicOfCANCER

I assume there will be a dystopian element if the title is a reference to the Orwell novel.

MessyTop
4 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

I assume there will be a dystopian element if the title is a reference to the Orwell novel.

Well actually I think is more about the movies from that year than the novel. The year 1984 welcomed a slew of classic horrors to the big screen, including A Nightmare on Elm Street, Children of the Cornand Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.

jacs vs looser

Ryan is known for combining a slew of topics for his AHS seasons, so there is no doubt in my mind that he will incorporate some ideas from George Orwell's 1984 into a slasher narrative.

antpats2

Not neccesarily related to the new season, but interesting moments from previous seasons:

In 1984, The Countess saw Liz Taylor in her hotel room and 'transformed her'

In 1983, Constance murdered her husband and the maid he was having an affair with at the time

In Murder House, there was papers showing the deaths of two girls on September 23rd, 1984 

In Roanoke, one couple moved into the house in the 1980's

and more! So they definitely have little bits and pieces they could tie it into if they wanted to, since every season has SOME connections

thierryrreiht

This show is honestly being on life supports at this point..

they should take a year break and really try to make something good because it really lost its spark

Bradley
2 hours ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

So basically the season will be about Katy: 

D3zl3YhW0AAaJd9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ryan Murphy confirmed:

AHS: 1984 documents the murderous path of Katy Perry after her struggle at coping with the flop of 365

giphy.gif

Bradley

Anyway, AHS's teasers almost reveal nothing significant about the plot.

At best you only get a peek at the aesthetics of the show, but even a 20-second teaser won't tell you much. I think it's too early to tell what the exact story is.

Blake
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

This show is honestly being on life supports at this point..

they should take a year break and really try to make something good because it really lost its spark

Apocalypse was easily one of the best seasons in a long time, so.

PSYCHOSHTICK
49 minutes ago, Blake said:

Apocalypse was easily one of the best seasons in a long time, so.

tenor.gif?itemid=11996306

Archived