💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Was she better than Mariah.....???!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

Lisa Fischer was “supposed” to be the rival to Mariah Carey back in 1992...but she ended up not caring for the spotlight, and went back to being a background singer after her first hit album. 😕

So what do you think sisterns, could she have given Ms. Lamb a run for her money?!?!   :whitney:

Egypt. W

androiduser

she sounds like Whitney doing Mariah vocal acrobatics... and the song is really average... not surprised it didn't go anywhere

FATCAT

She has a lovely voice, but she could have co-exsisted with Mariah

Purr more, hiss less.

corvus albus

Hit? her album peaked at #100 (no kidding), and she has two charting songs on her side (#11 and #74 respectively) while Mariah instantly took off with four #1 singles 

Her voice is pleasant, but nothing special and neither are her songs. Sorry, but she would've ended up as a desperate looking One-Hit-Wonder if she would've chased more hits and she's probably better off with the way she chose.  

En_Sabah_Nur
24 minutes ago, androiduser said:

she sounds like Whitney doing Mariah vocal acrobatics... and the song is really average... not surprised it didn't go anywhere

LoL - This song WON a Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance over Patti Labelle, Gladys Knight, Vanessa Williams & Aretha Franklin all together!!!  😉👌🏾

Average huh?  ⬆️⬆️  @corvus albus

Egypt. W

androiduser
7 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

LoL - This song WON a Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance over Patti Labelle, Gladys Knight, Vanessa Williams & Aretha Franklin all together!!!  😉👌🏾

Average huh?  ⬆️⬆️  @corvus albus

Wait, didn't we already establish that the Grammys are a joke because they didn't award ARTPOP for every award imaginable?

Mirages

Well you need more than just vocals to be a star. She's got a nice ad powerful voice, but Mariah is a great songwriter and has that star quality to herself she's not just a vocalist. I love her rendition of Gimme Shelter though....she's great but didn't have that charisma of a big star...

I'm the bitch that's fragile

beaublue
54 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Well you need more than just vocals to be a star. She's got a nice ad powerful voice, but Mariah is a great songwriter and has that star quality to herself she's not just a vocalist. I love her rendition of Gimme Shelter though....she's great but didn't have that charisma of a big star...

Lmao how do you know she didn’t have that “star quality” were you old enough to even determine that in 1992? Just saying...

I think she has strong vocals but I’m guessing she just wasn’t given good enough songs.

En_Sabah_Nur
34 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Lmao how do you know she didn’t have that “star quality” were you old enough to even determine that in 1992? Just saying...

I think she has strong vocals but I’m guessing she just wasn’t given good enough songs.

She was a back up singer for Luther Vandross back in the day, so was Whitney!  She just said she didn’t like the spotlight & went back to being a background singer... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Egypt. W

En_Sabah_Nur
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

Lmao!  This was back in the day where it was REALLY hard to get a Grammy, not today’s Grammy where they flow like water and one singer gets 10 Grammy’s in 1 night!  Smh 

Egypt. W

Archived