monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hexxx
20 hours ago, Dutch said:

Can we stop giving her attention tho? :vegas:

If you don't like her then YOU stop giving her YOUR attention. Let people enjoy her music

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Catnikko
19 hours ago, Lighter said:

But didn’t Gaga perform the song at a club one time

yeah she rapped over the instrumental becacause -thread title- :poot:

Bloody hooker
13 hours ago, Joshie S said:

:saladga:Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you 

It slaps

giphy.gif

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Joshie S
7 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

It slaps

giphy.gif

I honestly wish Gaga released it. It'd be the biggest "F.U" track ever

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Miel
On 4/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, GhettoFabulous said:

Her music slaps so no :vegas:

CLARIFICATION: I think she is vile and disgusting so I pirate her music i in no way support her  transphobic ass...her music still slaps though!  

ok work!!!

3 points in and ready for more

Inferno
On 4/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, GhettoFabulous said:

Her music slaps so no :vegas:

CLARIFICATION: I think she is vile and disgusting so I pirate her music i in no way support her  transphobic ass...her music still slaps though!  

Does it? She literally recycles the same queer 90s house regurgitations over and over and over again. Playhouse be it this HQ version she released or the version she teased 3 years ago sounds lifted straight from her 2012 1991 ep. there is no progression lyrically or sonically. she just keeps serving the same sh*t and the thing is, its boppy so all the gays like it right? but at what point does everyone stop mistaking her for a genius just because she has cool references and samples? I was sooo down for her for so long like I get the appeal but her music isn't really that monumental when you take a second to actually process what shes done for the past 8 years. its cute n all, but I always see people try to fall back on defending her at least musically and at this point i dont even think the music quality is truly there anymore.

Inferno
On 4/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Ziggy said:

Him making her? You’re kidding, right? Of all the producers Gaga has lowkey shaded for being s****y, DJWS was never one of those. You think it was a coincidence that when DWUW dropped Kelly had a comeback planned on none other than Interscope? They pushed him on Gaga, for sure as promo for his comeback. As for AB, who knows who suggested that, but Gaga liked her enough at first to work with her. Gaga is not some sad victim who was forced into everything; she clearly wanted each of these people to work with her at one point. She kept Terry around even though he’s problematic af in his own right. She’s taken responsibility for that and admitted that she was going through some rough stuff. It’s okay for us to say that she isn’t perfect because she doesn’t try to be. She just tries to be better.

and her wanting to work with Kendrick (another rapper) was not a bad thing as he’s incredibly talented and a visionary. It’s a shame his label were homophobes.

I’m sure DJWS just got her more interested in hip hop and trap.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:58 AM, symphonia said:

It's obvious that DJWS made her collaborate with all these people. Yeah he didn't force her but he was the one who pushed these ideas on her. She was smart enough to cancel the Azealia collab. I wish she did the same with R Kelly and that Jewels N Drugs song.

Absolutely DJWS got her more interested in trap because that was what he loved and how he got his beginnings in music, dj'ing trap music at primarily black clubs in chicago. its how he got his name even. gagas moved by creative people and what theyre passionate about, and djws (if you watch interviews including one from 2012 while ARTPOP was being conceived) you'd see how passionate he is about trap music. im sure that moved gaga and made her interested in it. aside from trap just coming into popularity during that time and gaga kind of hopping on the wave of what was happening anyway. it just worked out.

Tara Savelo, gagas then makeup artist, was/is also really into r. kelly, she talked abut him via tweets, almost to this day she would post herself listening to his music on instagram (before the documentary came out and he truly imploded once and for all). Tara was a heavily influential figure in gagas life during the formation/creation of ARTPOP. regardless of whether or not the label had their own agenda in her working with him tbh. all these crossing factors played into gagas mindset at the time and what she was into and why certain directions were taken. When your friends with people and spending all your time with them you start to get into the same things, share eachothers mannerisms, etc. its just natural. i dont really feel the label held TOO much jurisdiction over certain sonic directions for the album. I think their influence was more on what could and could not get released and why. Gaga probably just had to water some stuff down, so to speak.

Ziggy
10 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Absolutely DJWS got her more interested in trap because that was what he loved and how he got his beginnings in music, dj'ing trap music at primarily black clubs in chicago. its how he got his name even. so thats for certain, aside from trap just coming into popularity during that time and gaga kind of hopping on the wave of what was happening anyway. it just worked out.

Tara Savelo, gagas then makeup artist, was/is also really into r. kelly and was a heavily influential figure in gagas life during the formation/creation of ARTPOP. regardless of whether or not the label had their own agenda in her working with him tbh.

That’s all very true! I was just saying he didn’t force anything on her. Gaga worked with him for what he brought to the creative process and he brought a background in hip hop, trap, some house, and edm. She liked that and rolled with his ideas as she likes to. She likes inhabiting new spaces artistically and typically seeks out someone with more specified genre knowledge to accent her overall musical expertise.

Inferno
Just now, Ziggy said:

That’s all very true! I was just saying he didn’t force anything on her. Gaga worked with him for what he brought to the creative process and he brought a background in hip hop, trap, some house, and edm. She liked that and rolled with his ideas as she likes to. She likes inhabiting new spaces artistically and typically seeks out someone with more specified genre knowledge to accent her overall musical expertise.

Oh no i totally agreed with you

Archived