press

'A Star Is Born' Made $178.1 Million Profit

Scathach

Featured Posts

beaublue
1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Gaga on October 4th

giphy.gif

Lmao what? She was already paid for doing the movie, she’s not going to get anymore money from people buying tickets or buying the movie lmfao the only money she’ll keep earning from this is for the music...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Economy said:

Not even just tax and promo...

The theaters that air the movie for example I'm sure keep a portion of the grossings as well

The pie is split a lot with different earners and taxes and expenses as well like u said

$178 is huge for profits. It's over 4X it's budget. Imagine investing and making over 400% profit :duck:

That's an eye-opening way to put it! Thanks for that perspective, sis!

Diamond heart99

In the words of Joe Biden: this is a big f*ckin deal.

It is rare for these kinds of movies to make that amount of profit these days. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Akiki

The biggest lie people talk about movies are the marketing costs being the triple of the budget. That's just insane and anyone that ever worked in production know that. Most of the profits are split with the theaters. In some countries it can go as far as 60%. 

There is also marketing deals behind movies that help to make a movie and promote it. If I'm not wrong, Man of Steel had 100 million dollars just in product placement deals. That's almost the entire budget of the film. 

androiduser

it's after all the promo costs, theaters showing the movie taking their share, taxes, all the costs etc.... it's a huge profit

stupidrain71
2 hours ago, Angelm said:

I wonder how much did they spent for The Oscars campaing, Roma’s campaing was around $20M :nooo:

$1,000 :ladyhaha:

freebit
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

Lmao what? She was already paid for doing the movie, she’s not going to get anymore money from people buying tickets or buying the movie lmfao the only money she’ll keep earning from this is for the music...

To be fair, if she got a backend deal she actually could see some of those profits, but IDK she had one or not.

Diamond heart99
2 hours ago, lovedillon said:

She gets a piece of the profits. 

Diamond heart99
10 minutes ago, freebit said:

To be fair, if she got a backend deal she actually could see some of those profits, but IDK she had one or not.

There is zero chance that she didn’t. So you are correct. 

MaryJaneHolland
8 hours ago, lovedillon said:

It was a joke :rip: 

• 2 weeks later...
RichAssPiss

I haven't seen this here. So, I thought I would share. Deadline broke down the actual profit (not just theatrical gross) of the top ten movie earners of 2018. A Star Is Born was the 10th 'most valuable movie' of the year, earning a pure profit (after costs) of $178.1 million. This is important because many films that have high grosses also have high costs and can sometimes end up in the red even after a $400 million plus global gross like A Star Is Born has. This just goes to show A Star Is Born is a true hit.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/a-star-is-born-box-office-profit-2018-1202580798/

JustinTrudeau

Yassss, get that coin, Gaga! :pawsup:

ShorttermFatalArizonaalligatorlizard-siz

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

More money for Gaga to sit in her house all day watching TV and not working on LG6

:vegas:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Archived